Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think Hansbrough will be back next year/Would you trade Salmons for Perkins?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe Masai knows someones will bid on PP.

Im really sad, PP was awesome when healthy.
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

I don't think it for sure means anything. To me, it's a safety move. Cutting Tyler doesn't save much money or make an impact on what they can do in free agency. But if Pat gets an offer they don't want to match they have Tyler as a backup plan. And if Pat does come back they have good depth, and Tyler's contract is pretty moveable as a trade piece.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
        I don't think it for sure means anything. To me, it's a safety move. Cutting Tyler doesn't save much money or make an impact on what they can do in free agency. But if Pat gets an offer they don't want to match they have Tyler as a backup plan. And if Pat does come back they have good depth, and Tyler's contract is pretty moveable as a trade piece.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
        In terms of space, it would be saving around 3.3 Million. That is quite a bit when you look at GV and PP might be demanding about 10-12 million between them.

Comment

mjt20mik wrote: View Post
          In terms of space, it would be saving around 3.3 Million. That is quite a bit when you look at GV and PP might be demanding about 10-12 million between them.
          he has 1 mil guaranteed I think. That means he would only save us 2.3 Mil if we cut him
          The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
            he has 1 mil guaranteed I think. That means he would only save us 2.3 Mil if we cut him
            Ah my apologizes. And Amir has a 5million guaranteed for his team option right?

Comment

Ah my apologizes. And Amir has a 5million guaranteed for his team option right?
              yes

Comment

He might be looking to flip psycho T you never know

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
                  It's not a big amount, and doesn't affect our ability to re-sign GV or PP since they are both RFAs, or Lowry since we have his bird rights as well. The money saved is pretty pointless from a flexibility standpoint, as pointed out it's just 2.3M...that's nothing.

Again, if they want to trade him, I don't imagine it's too hard to find a suitor somewhere. And it does nothing to handcuff the team in any way.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                    It's not a big amount, and doesn't affect our ability to re-sign GV or PP since they are both RFAs, or Lowry since we have his bird rights as well. The money saved is pretty pointless from a flexibility standpoint, as pointed out it's just 2.3M...that's nothing.

Again, if they want to trade him, I don't imagine it's too hard to find a suitor somewhere. And it does nothing to handcuff the team in any way.
                    If they are trying to avoid the tax, keeping Hansbrough basically just cuts into the ability to keep de Colo, unless one of the 3 main free agents gets a bigger pay day than expected.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                      If they are trying to avoid the tax, keeping Hansbrough basically just cuts into the ability to keep de Colo, unless one of the 3 main free agents gets a bigger pay day than expected.
                      Yeah...I doubt they seriously care about De Colo though. Sure they like him. I see them giving the QO more as just a cautious move. If one of Lowry/GV walks, they easily lock down a backup PG for next year with Nando. If both come back and they don't see a real reason to keep De Colo, I can see them rescinding the QO and letting him walk (which I believe they can do).

So far it seems to me like Ujiri is just trying to cover his bases and make sure he has options for different contingencies.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                        Yeah...I doubt they seriously care about De Colo though. Sure they like him. I see them giving the QO more as just a cautious move. If one of Lowry/GV walks, they easily lock down a backup PG for next year with Nando. If both come back and they don't see a real reason to keep De Colo, I can see them rescinding the QO and letting him walk (which I believe they can do).

So far it seems to me like Ujiri is just trying to cover his bases and make sure he has options for different contingencies.
                        Trick now is, if de Colo accepts the QO, this year's tax room is very tight. So if they rescind it, yeah, he can walk, but if he signs it before then, they are stuck with him on the cap. Trick is, he can accept the offer July 1st - he doesn't have to wait until July 10th. Now, the team can rescind the QO anytime, but if they want to see how free agency goes first, there's a chance he signs it before they know.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                          Trick now is, if de Colo accepts the QO, this year's tax room is very tight. So if they rescind it, yeah, he can walk, but if he signs it before then, they are stuck with him on the cap. Trick is, he can accept the offer July 1st - he doesn't have to wait until July 10th. Now, the team can rescind the QO anytime, but if they want to see how free agency goes first, there's a chance he signs it before they know.
                          I'm hoping that because it's a low QO, he won't be enticed to jump on it. He'll look around the NBA and possibly overseas for better money and thus take his time making the decision.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                            I'm hoping that because it's a low QO, he won't be enticed to jump on it. He'll look around the NBA and possibly overseas for better money and thus take his time making the decision.
                            2M isn't that low if some folks are talking about his value being in the minimum salary range. But you may well be right. It's just a risk - and keep in mind, unrestricted free agency is the golden goose for players. Absolute freedom. If you are questioning whether you can make your QO elsewhere, even just a bit, probably worth taking it to get to UFA.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Having the front office say the decision "is 50/50" on Hansbrough is not exactly calculated to give a player the warm fuzzies. Compare that to the treatment Lowry is getting and you can see Tyler is not just an afterthought, but management would prefer to see him gone. It rankles me to see this kind of shabby treatment for a player who--unlike many in the NBA--never gives less than 100% for his team.

Comment

• We need to rescind the offer to De Colo or we'll have to choose between signing a legit SF for our bench or resigning Gravy.

I'd personally give up De Colo in a heartbeat to get both Gravy and a SF.

This is all assuming Lowry resigns.

Comment

Working...
                                X