Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think Hansbrough will be back next year/Would you trade Salmons for Perkins?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
    We need to rescind the offer to De Colo or we'll have to choose between signing a legit SF for our bench or resigning Gravy.

I'd personally give up De Colo in a heartbeat to get both Gravy and a SF.

This is all assuming Lowry resigns.
    If we rescind De Colo's offer and resign all of our free agents we will still have money to get a free agent small forward? I swear I read somewhere that we won't.
    I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
      I don't think it for sure means anything. To me, it's a safety move. Cutting Tyler doesn't save much money or make an impact on what they can do in free agency. But if Pat gets an offer they don't want to match they have Tyler as a backup plan. And if Pat does come back they have good depth, and Tyler's contract is pretty moveable as a trade piece.
      It looks like you were right on the money. Patterson is in Orlando right now, talking about a possible starter's role at power forward. It remains to be seen whether Toronto can or will match their offer. If he does go, that would leave Tyler at his natural position instead of always backing up Valanciunas, barring any further (but very possible) moves by the front office.

Comment

• caccia wrote: View Post
        It looks like you were right on the money. Patterson is in Orlando right now, talking about a possible starter's role at power forward. It remains to be seen whether Toronto can or will match their offer. If he does go, that would leave Tyler at his natural position instead of always backing up Valanciunas, barring any further (but very possible) moves by the front office.
        He's actually in Orlando? How do you know this?
        I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
          He's actually in Orlando? How do you know this?
          It's not an iron-clad report, but originates with CBS Sports:

http://www.orlandopinstripedpost.com...oronto-raptors

Comment

• By the way, Patterson ranks 49 among power forwards in the NBA in points, 48 in rebounds, 25 in steals, and 49 in blocks, all per 36 minutes (stats from RealGM).

Amir Johnson ranks a stellar 2nd in FG%, 50 in points, 46 in rebounds, and 23 in blocks per 36 minutes.

Tyler Hansbrough ranks in the top five in in the NBA in free throws and offensive rebounds per 36 minutes; also 15th in total rebounds and 37th in steals. He finished only 63rd in points, behind Patterson and Johnson, since he rarely shot the ball last season.
            Last edited by caccia; Thu Jul 3, 2014, 06:49 AM.

Comment

• caccia wrote: View Post
              By the way, Patterson ranks 49 among power forwards in the NBA in points, 48 in rebounds, 25 in steals, and 49 in blocks, all per 36 minutes (stats from RealGM).

Amir Johnson ranks a stellar 2nd in FG%, 50 in points, 46 in rebounds, and 23 in blocks per 36 minutes.

Tyler Hansbrough ranks in the top five in in the NBA in free throws and offensive rebounds per 36 minutes; also 15th in total rebounds and 37th in steals. He finished only 63rd in points, behind Patterson and Johnson, since he rarely shot the ball last season.
              per 36 stats have a bias to players who play in short minutes. If you come in for 1 minute and score 1 basket, you would have 72 points per 36minutes.
              The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Working...
              X