Free Agent SF - Aminu? Ariza?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free Agent SF - Aminu? Ariza?

Don't think I've seen a thread on him yet. Maybe it's because no one thinks much of him, but i think he'd be a great fit on our team.

Pros
    - Good size for the 3
    - Has shown he can play the 4 in small ball lineups
    - Great rebounder for his position
    - Good defender with long wing span (7' +)
    - Athletic

Cons
    - Inconsistent and has shown a lack of motivation
    - Not a great a shooter
    - Poor free throw shooter

He didn't have a great year last year, and as an UFA and he could be a good add on a value contract. He lost his gig as a starter on Pelicans last year due to his inconsistency, but he has shown flashes of potential. And at the age of 23, there's still some time for DC and the coaching staff to straighten him out. We could definitely use more size and rebounding on the wing positions.

Would rather have a guy that can shoot. We already have a wing that can rebound and can't shoot (Fields).
    Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

Yes, but for whatever reason, DC is not playing Fields. Aminu is bigger than Fields and can actually play the 4 in a small ball. He's definitely more athletic and is a better defender and rebounder too. His value isn't that high and we may be able to sign him for cheap.

Comment

Pong wrote: View Post
        Yes, but for whatever reason, DC is not playing Fields. Aminu is bigger than Fields and can actually play the 4 in a small ball. He's definitely more athletic and is a better defender and rebounder too. His value isn't that high and we may be able to sign him for cheap.
        I think your underating landry right now. He is an amazing defender and a good rebounder. Casey used him in small linups last year. I tjink he would play if it wasnt for his nerve damage in his shooting arm. He reminds me of a boris diaw type playr if not for the damage

As for aminu would love to get him if he could atually shoot. A lineup of amir aminu and derozan does not look good for spacing. However would love to get him hes still 23 and can become a litle better shooter and would be great for his size. I think he could be got for as muxh as daye was got last year maybe a little more

Sent from my GT-S7560M using Tapatalk
        I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

Boring answer but it really depends on who we draft. IF we draft an athletic non-shooting wings like McDAniels, 'Po or Grant, why the heck would we sign Aminu.
          Myself (March 2014):
          The raptors are a tremendous young team and will win a championship in the following five years.

Comment

Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
            I think your underating landry right now. He is an amazing defender and a good rebounder. Casey used him in small linups last year. I tjink he would play if it wasnt for his nerve damage in his shooting arm. He reminds me of a boris diaw type playr if not for the damage

As for aminu would love to get him if he could atually shoot. A lineup of amir aminu and derozan does not look good for spacing. However would love to get him hes still 23 and can become a litle better shooter and would be great for his size. I think he could be got for as muxh as daye was got last year maybe a little more

I personally think that he would not be in the starting lineup. Maybe occasionally for specific matchups (LeBron, Melo), but otherwise stick with Ross and DeMar. Then bring in Aminu and 2Pat together (assuming 2Pat is re-signed).

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
              I personally think that he would not be in the starting lineup. Maybe occasionally for specific matchups (LeBron, Melo), but otherwise stick with Ross and DeMar. Then bring in Aminu and 2Pat together (assuming 2Pat is re-signed).
              Im pretty sure he wouldnt start unless ross was traded/played like his playoff self. I was just saying what if he comes in as the first guy off the bench

I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                Yea I forgot to mention that. If we're signing Aminu, he wouldn't be in the starting line up unless he proves he can shoot. He would be a great pairing with 2 Pat, since the paint wouldn't be clogged up. He'd be a rotational player and someone who you'll bring in for certain match ups.

Comment

Pong wrote: View Post
                  Don't think I've seen a thread on him yet. Maybe it's because no one thinks much of him, but i think he'd be a great fit on our team.

Pros
                  - Good size for the 3
                  - Has shown he can play the 4 in small ball lineups
                  - Great rebounder for his position
                  - Good defender with long wing span (7' +)
                  - Athletic

Cons
                  - Inconsistent and has shown a lack of motivation
                  - Not a great a shooter
                  - Poor free throw shooter

He didn't have a great year last year, and as an UFA and he could be a good add on a value contract. He lost his gig as a starter on Pelicans last year due to his inconsistency, but he has shown flashes of potential. And at the age of 23, there's still some time for DC and the coaching staff to straighten him out. We could definitely use more size and rebounding on the wing positions.
                  No dedicated thread on him but he has been brought up in the "Play GM" threads and in the free agency thread.

I'm a big fan of his as a back up big. Key is getting a good value and team option(s) contract with him.

Comment

I mean, he seemed to play well when Ryan Anderson (stretch 4) was healthy. 2Pat isn't close to ryan anderson in terms of the 3 ball, but i figured it could work out the same way.

Comment

Draft Inglis instead.
                      The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

I don't see many good starting sf in free agency I think we should just draft a sf

Comment

Aminu is a fine player but you could easily over pay for him and then that would become a really a bad move. Worst contracts are the mid-level type contracts in my opinion. If he could be had for under $3M than sure, but I don't think he'll get that.. more likely $5M+ and that's too rich for me.

Comment

TrossTheBOSS wrote: View Post
                            I don't see many good starting sf in free agency I think we should just draft a sf
                            I don't think they need a starting SF right now.

They managed to win 48 games with a .650 win % after Gay trade.

I think they need to keep accumulating assets and strike when the opportunity presents itself. No need to force a championship team this summer when they are a couple of seasons away anyways.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                              Aminu is a fine player but you could easily over pay for him and then that would become a really a bad move. Worst contracts are the mid-level type contracts in my opinion. If he could be had for under $3M than sure, but I don't think he'll get that.. more likely $5M+ and that's too rich for me.
                              Under $3M for sure is great.

I don't think he gets over $5M.

One could make the argument he plateaued this season.

Last season he was renounced and an UFA. He ended up signing for one year and $3.7M - i.e. his 4th year contract on rookie scale which is all NO could offer once they renounced him and resigned him.

So one would have to assume that he wasn't getting many multi-year guaranteed offers and the deals he was offered were not approaching $3.7M.

Keep in mind I'm making a lot of assumptions here.

If you're expecting a starter, then Aminu is a disappointment. But if you want a big, athletic wing coming off the bench who still has some upside, then winner-winner. I'm in the big, athletic wing coming off bench camp.

Comment

Working...
                              X