Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
Results 81 to 99 of 99

Thread: Free Agent SF - Aminu? Ariza?

  1. #81
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    156
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Still would take Mike miller even if he played 50-55 games. If you want a scorer there is nick young the western conference version of JR Smith

  2. #82
    Raptors Republic All-Star Raptorsnz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,208
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Heatdreamer wrote: View Post
    Still would take Mike miller even if he played 50-55 games. If you want a scorer there is nick young the western conference version of JR Smith
    Nick Young is like goofy stupid though, whereas JR Smith is just detrimental stupid.

  3. #83
    Raptors Republic All-Star WJF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    1,453
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Any thoughts on Marvin Williams? He never lived up to being a #2 overall pick, but he just turned 28 and could be a nice fit. Nice size at 6'9", brings decent rebounding and solid defense, not a bad 3 point shooter as well. I could see him used as a starter but playing less minutes than Ross overall. He should be pretty cheap.

  4. #84
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    39
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Williams is basically a perfectly healthy Fields.

  5. #85
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    19,036
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Signing James Johnson killed the idea anyways but Aminu signing in Dallas officially seals the deal.

    He signed for $2.1m with year two a player option.

  6. #86
    Raptors Republic Starter OptimalOptimist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    RaptorLand
    Posts
    418
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
    Signing James Johnson killed the idea anyways but Aminu signing in Dallas officially seals the deal.

    He signed for $2.1m with year two a player option.
    Is it 2.1m per year? That's a terrible contract if it is the case.
    Myself (March 2014):
    The raptors are a tremendous young team and will win a championship in the following five years.

  7. #87
    Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,344
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote OptimalOptimist wrote: View Post
    Is it 2.1m per year? That's a terrible contract if it is the case.
    If it was per year, how would that be a terrible contract?

  8. #88
    Raptors Republic Starter OptimalOptimist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    RaptorLand
    Posts
    418
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    2.1M to a player who has shown nothing in is career but physical tools appears to me as a massive overpayment.
    Myself (March 2014):
    The raptors are a tremendous young team and will win a championship in the following five years.

  9. #89
    Raptors Republic All-Star Fully's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,058
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote OptimalOptimist wrote: View Post
    2.1M to a player who has shown nothing in is career but physical tools appears to me as a massive overpayment.
    Lol. He signed for the absolute minimum he could. That's not an overpayment at all, let alone a massive one, unless you're willing to blatantly break the labour laws.

  10. #90
    Raptors Republic Starter OptimalOptimist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    RaptorLand
    Posts
    418
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Fully wrote: View Post
    Lol. He signed for the absolute minimum he could.
    If he did I got no problem with that deal at all.
    Myself (March 2014):
    The raptors are a tremendous young team and will win a championship in the following five years.

  11. #91
    Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,738
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote OptimalOptimist wrote: View Post
    If he did I got no problem with that deal at all.
    Dude, make up your mind lol
    "You never heard of DeMar just google him, the defense don't know what to do wit him"

  12. #92
    Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    7,661
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote OptimalOptimist wrote: View Post
    Is it 2.1m per year? That's a terrible contract if it is the case.
    I don't know. It's less than JJ and they bring comparable things to the table. Aminu's less athletic, but he's also younger and probably has much better intangibles. He's never been a "problem" anywhere, and actually has shown good leadership especially at the international level as a key player for Nigeria.

  13. Like imanshumpert liked this post
  14. #93
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    303
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Bruno reminds me of Aminu lool

  15. #94
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Cambridge, ON
    Posts
    1,056
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Pretty sure it is 2.1M total. His minimum is closer to 1M per year.

  16. #95
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    2,105
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    But doesn't it say something about him that he's as young as he is, a good defender, has the intangibles and is only getting payed 1 mill a year and is getting signed so late in free agency. I'm assuming teams don't value him that highly.

  17. #96
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    303
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Pelicans' fans are not that high on him too.According to them: Good rebounder and good transition game. But bad shooter and inconsistent defender. Would get benched because of his defense. Struggled against athletic 3s.

  18. #97
    Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    7,661
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote MixxAOR wrote: View Post
    Pelicans' fans are not that high on him too.According to them: Good rebounder and good transition game. But bad shooter and inconsistent defender. Would get benched because of his defense. Struggled against athletic 3s.
    This sums it up. He's basically limited, and with his youth, still struggling with consistency. The "strugged against athletic 3s" is unfortunate. Thought he would have the size/length to manage.

  19. #98
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    19,036
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote DanH wrote: View Post
    Pretty sure it is 2.1M total. His minimum is closer to 1M per year.
    Yes it is.

    Poor wording on my part.

    He signed for minimum
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

    Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

  20. #99
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,310
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    I don't know. It's less than JJ and they bring comparable things to the table. Aminu's less athletic, but he's also younger and probably has much better intangibles. He's never been a "problem" anywhere, and actually has shown good leadership especially at the international level as a key player for Nigeria.
    Aminu is awesome for us! It's pretty funny though because I don't even think he'd been to Nigeria before the last olympics (we practice in the USA).

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •