Is Miami planning run at Melo??!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Miami planning run at Melo??!

Sources told ESPN.com that Heat officials and the team's leading players have already started to explore their options for creating sufficient financial flexibility to make an ambitious run at adding New York Knicks scoring machine Carmelo Anthony this summer in free agency.

I hope they sign him somehow...and than it blows up in their face

Sent from my GT-S7560M using Tapatalk
    I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

And this is fair how exactly? This is beyond ridculous if they land him and still retain James, Wade and Bosh.

Comment

Melo could sign for like 1 mill or something lol

Comment

If Miami resigns all their big three and also sign Melo I might just go crazy and pull all my hair out.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
          You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

What the FUCK?

How is this even possible???

They're crunch time lineup could be PG-Wade SG- Allen SF- LeBron PF- Melo C- Bosh
            "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

If they lose in the finals is this more likely to happen? Isn't this collusion? Again? Ugh.

Comment

I’m trying to work out how they could do this, and everything I come up with results in a big 4 at about $12.5 million each (divide up however you want), and a team payroll maxing out around $63 million. Is there some loophole they’ve found in the CBA that allows them to add a significant contract, and then still exceed the cap that same year? For now, they’re over the cap, and if the big 3 opt out, the bird rights on the big 3 still count as a $90 million cap hold alone. They can renounce those bird rights or sign the guys first, but the moment they’re back under the cap and can only use the room between their salaries and the cap (minus their cap holds) to sign Melo.

Maybe they trade a future first to get another team to take Haslem, and bump the big 4 up to about 14 million each.
                Maybe they somehow convince New York to swing a sign-and-trade, where the big 3 take a paycut, enough to acquire Melo and still be under the apron. But they'd need to match salaries still, and I have a hard time seeing how they could send enough salaries to match Melo's salary.

Comment

I think it's bullshit.

If miami can get this cap space to sign Melo, then they'll pursue big guy and Lowry. BIG 3 is more than enough for Miami. They don't even have real basketball fans.

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
                    I think it's bullshit.

If miami can get this cap space to sign Melo, then they'll pursue big guy and Lowry. BIG 3 is more than enough for Miami. They don't even have real basketball fans.
                    I think melo is snake enough to take a mad pay cut for one year just so he can wiin a championship.. he could sign for about 6-7 mill than leave the very next year

Sent from my GT-S7560M using Tapatalk
                    I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

Personally, I think it would obviously suck to see Melo on the Heat but it would be good business for the league. Casual fans would get even more excited to see the star line up. The NBA would in theory do better, and then teams would in theory have more money to spend as the cap could go up.

I just don't see the "big 4" happening though. Essentially every one would have to opt out, and then they would all have to take serious pay cuts. Instead of making $19-20M they would be making $11-12M (assuming they each got the same salary). To fill out the bench they'd only have the mini-MLE (so about $2.5M). There might be ring chasers that would take the minimum/mini-MLE but it won't be easy to find those spare parts.

I also don't know how the line up would work considering Melo and James play similar positions. I guess Wade could become 6th man. Does Allen retire or does he come back for the minimum?

All the power to them if they pull it off. Means those players really value winning over money which actually says a lot about their character. Toronto's just going to have to wait a few more years to hoist the trophy.

Comment

Legacy

Comment

In what world would this work out? Melo cannot play off the ball and they would have to pay big money. If it does somehow happen, i hope the Heat get thoroughly screwed over

Comment

Just noticed that if the miami heat sign Darko Milicic they could have the 1-5 players from the 2003 draft as their starting lineup lol

Wade
                            James
                            melo
                            bosh
                            darko

Comment

Personally I don't see the sense in that. Melo, like Lebron, needs the ball in his hands on offense. It would be a severe waste of talent to use one of Melo or Lebron as a spot up shooter when the heat already have many shooters on their team who can play a similar role.

Lebron would be better off joining forces with Kevin Love
                              I know this may be a bit controversial but I think the Raptors have proven that they're the best team in the NBA from Canada
                              -random Facebook user. 2016

Comment

Working...
                              X