No announcement yet.

We already have the perfect SF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally, a positive thread re Landry F. Seems like many may have skimmed/missed the op's highlight of the diagnosis of the 18 mos recovery time required for his problem...and that the coming year is really when we can truly be despondent about his shooting skills if they dont revert back to his rookie season. Apart from his on court skills he is a great character person as well...and seems to be fun too. Dont blame him for his contract...it fell in his lap due to circumstances like Lin. Here's hoping good thoughts as well.

Comment

Other Scott wrote: View Post
      I think banking on Landry to find his shot again is risky. Agreed, a healthy Landry who can shoot solves the SF problems, but it's completely unpredictable whether a) the nerve damage will be completely gone, and b) that the shot is recoverable anyways.

You just can't play "Landry without a shot" for any significant time. Suddenly, you are playing all offensive possessions basically 4 on 5. We don't need a good shooter as the backup 3 necessarily, but we do need someone who the defense has to at least guard.
      See, people keep saying this, but there has never been statistical evidence (even after his injuries) of him actually having a significant negative impact on the team's scoring, regardless of the minutes he plays. I think it's ridiculous.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Well Landry on offense is the equivalent of Amir except with worse picks, and even then, it's not like he's been finishing at the rim as well either. He does have slightly better ball handling, but he doesn't space the floor as well either (lol).

And his defense is worse, although he's slightly faster so he's useful for guarding those guys that are too fast for Amir and too big for Ross.

He's not a 20 mpg guy the way he's been playing, but he's useful in bit parts.
        "Bruno?
        Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
        He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

stooley wrote: View Post
          Well Landry on offense is the equivalent of Amir except with worse picks, and even then, it's not like he's been finishing at the rim as well either. He does have slightly better ball handling, but he doesn't space the floor as well either (lol).

And his defense is worse, although he's slightly faster so he's useful for guarding those guys that are too fast for Amir and too big for Ross.

insert his salary here and close this thread

Comment

stooley wrote: View Post

Having him as a secondary ball handler on a 2nd unit with Vasquez, Ross, Patterson and an inside-big, would actually seem to be pretty well balanced. With 3 perimeter players, his off ball movement would seem to be highly complimentary.

PS: I think that's the exact sort of role some posters envision Aminu playing for this team, as a younger, cheaper version of Fields, who is signed beyond the upcoming season.
            Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Thu Jun 12, 2014, 03:17 PM.

Comment

I read on the main page during the playoffs that the reason that fields didn't play was because he was A lot of pain and I mean ALOT. Next year I expect him to be in Casey's system if the pain goes away
              I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
                I read on the main page during the playoffs that the reason that fields didn't play was because he was A lot of pain and I mean ALOT. Next year I expect him to be in Casey's system if the pain goes away

Yea i think he had like back spasms or something so thats why he didnt play in game 7. 100% healthy fields can be productive, good defender.

Comment

Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post

Yup. Given this, I would really like to see him get some run at the beginning of next season to see if he is capable of playing more minutes again. If he finds his rookie form, then it is definitely a win for us. If he doesn't, Masaii can and will find a trade that brings in a suitable role player.
                  I know this may be a bit controversial but I think the Raptors have proven that they're the best team in the NBA from Canada
                  -random Facebook user. 2016

Comment

Perfect SF = Landry Fields ....

This must be a Joke

Comment

Is this thread for real?

Talk to me in when the season's on, and he actually can shoot.
                      The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Among the Raptors' starters, the wing players shot 69.5% of the time. DeRozan and Lowry alone account for half the shots. Amir and Valanciunas together account for only 35% of offensive usage when they are on the floor.

Given the way the offence works, there is no way Fields is going to see much court time unless he can get his shooting back up to around 43%, same as DeRozan.

In the NBA finals, I see both the teams have a strong inside-outside game. If the Raptors were to shift to that kind of model, then Fields might have a chance. But I doubt the Coach Casey is planning on any such thing.

Comment

caccia wrote: View Post
                          Among the Raptors' starters, the wing players shot 69.5% of the time. DeRozan and Lowry alone account for half the shots. Amir and Valanciunas together account for only 35% of offensive usage when they are on the floor.

Given the way the offence works, there is no way Fields is going to see much court time unless he can get his shooting back up to around 43%, same as DeRozan.

In the NBA finals, I see both the teams have a strong inside-outside game. If the Raptors were to shift to that kind of model, then Fields might have a chance. But I doubt the Coach Casey is planning on any such thing.
                          Well Amir and Valanciunas are supposed to account for 40% of offensive usage if each player carries the exact same load, so I'm not exactly sure what you're trying to show with that stat.
                          "Bruno?
                          Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                          He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

Just give Fields more playing time, and I'm happy. He doesn't need to be a starter unless Ross falls off a cliff or something.
                            Axel wrote:
                            Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                            KeonClark wrote:
                            We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                            KeonClark wrote:
                            I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                              See, people keep saying this, but there has never been statistical evidence (even after his injuries) of him actually having a significant negative impact on the team's scoring, regardless of the minutes he plays. I think it's ridiculous.
                              You mean statistical evidence other than his 98 ORTG @ 12.4% USG? lol. That ORTG is terrible for the miniscule USG level.

Comment

Fields sucks, can we please stop pretending he doesn't?

Comment

Working...
                                X