Masai time to bring back the prodigal son

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Masai time to bring back the prodigal son

Yes, it has arrived the time to bring back CB4. Seem like all the stars are aligning for the return of Bosh. Raptors have best season in franchise history check. Raptors develop a wing All-Star(DD) check. Get one of the best two way PG in the league check. Get young improving Center check. Yes, you can actually no be beat by centers all year long. Let's not forget a Coach who top10 in off and Def.

Bosh has proved to be winner but has taken slack the whole way there. I think he leave Miami to prove he is a top 5 PF in this league. Especially if all this Melo talk is true. Giving a young team the perfect peace to the puzzle.

I'm sure if that signing falls through. It for sure get in the ear of a certain Mr. Carter.

Raptors should have around 15mill to use. Sign 13 mil on KLow/Vasquez. Renounce 2Pat. Becomes redundant with CB. Trade Ross/Hayes/Salmons for Bosh. Throw 3mill at VC and see if he bites. Draft KJ McDaniels/Russ Smith/Khem Birch. I think You already know Tim Leiweke has signed off on it. Masai do your magic.

Kyle Lowry / GV
    DeMar DeRozan / Russ Smith
    K.J. McDaniels / Vince Carter
    Chris Bosh / Amir Johnson
    Jonas Valanciunas / Khem Birch

Does this roster not compete for the east for the next 5 years.
    Last edited by Chr1s1anL; Fri Jun 13, 2014, 08:54 AM.
    @Chr1st1anL

Protocol -- the customs and regulations dealing with diplomatic formality, precedence, and etiquette.

Prodigal -- wastefully or recklessly extravagant

Seriously. This isn't their vs there vs they're.

Also, Bosh is not coming back. When he was in Toronto they made zero effort to surround him with a team. BC had his own agenda. And now the team is Lowry's (if he wants it) and DeMar's. no way he leaves Miami to be the 3rd banana on another team. It's over. Blame BC and move on. Nothing to see here.

Comment

Seriously though, I have no interest in Bosh or Carter or any other trips down nostalgia lane. I want us to move forward, not backward.

Comment

I literally almost ripped my eyes out of my sockets when I read that title... Protocol? Really man?

Comment

it was late and rushed after being astonished by how Miami lost
          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

No. For a ton of reasons. Some basketball related, some financial, and some emotional. I just think it's an all around bad idea.

PS - What's the infatuation with being back ex Raptors who at one time or another have decided that they didn't want to play for Toronto? Do other fanbases yearn for this type of stuff?

And I had to lol @ protocol son.

Comment

blackjitsu wrote: View Post
              Protocol -- the customs and regulations dealing with diplomatic formality, precedence, and etiquette.

Prodigal -- wastefully or recklessly extravagant

Seriously. This isn't their vs there vs they're.

Also, Bosh is not coming back. When he was in Toronto they made zero effort to surround him with a team. BC had his own agenda. And now the team is Lowry's (if he wants it) and DeMar's. no way he leaves Miami to be the 3rd banana on another team. It's over. Blame BC and move on. Nothing to see here.
              CB would automatically be the best player on this team. Unless DD goes to another player. I really think this Melo thing has legs. Somethings got to give and it wont be Wade, he isn't going anywhere.
              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Well all the talk of lebron going back to clevland could just be a amokescreen for bosh to return to the raptors

Sent from my GT-S7560M using Tapatalk
                I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

lol I don't know how to edit the the title lol
                  @Chr1st1anL

Comment

There is one other prodigal son of Massai's which nobody talks about coming to Toronto. The first one he sacraficed as a GM, Carmelo Anthony. Take away all of your bias' with Melo and tell me you don't think he is exactly what this team needs to contend.

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                      Yes, it has arrived the time to bring back CB4. Seem like all the stars are aligning for the return of Bosh. Raptors have best season in franchise history check. Raptors develop a wing All-Star(DD) check. Get one of the best two way PG in the league check. Get young improving Center check. Yes, you can actually no be beat by centers all year long. Let's not forget a Coach who top10 in off and Def.

Bosh has proved to be winner but has taken slack the whole way there. I think he leave Miami to prove he is a top 5 PF in this league. Especially if all this Melo talk is true. Giving a young team the perfect peace to the puzzle.

I'm sure if that signing falls through. It for sure get in the ear of a certain Mr. Carter.

Raptors should have around 15mill to use. Sign 13 mil on KLow/Vasquez. Renounce 2Pat. Becomes redundant with CB. Trade Ross/Hayes/Salmons for Bosh. Throw 3mill at VC and see if he bites. Draft KJ McDaniels/Russ Smith/Khem Birch. I think You already know Tim Leiweke has signed off on it. Masai do your magic.

Kyle Lowry / GV
                      DeMar DeRozan / Russ Smith
                      K.J. McDaniels / Vince Carter
                      Chris Bosh / Amir Johnson
                      Jonas Valanciunas / Khem Birch

Does this roster not compete for the east for the next 5 years.
                      I think it would be ironic if the raptors brought Bosh back.
                      All those years that Colangelo was trying to build around him, and now, the team has been built and he's the missing piece.

I believe he will be a perfect fit for the raps. we need that stretch four, who can put the ball on the floor and blowby opposing fours and at the same time be able to take those perimeter jumpers to space the floor for JV, Lowry and Demar. Specially with his much improved 3ball, id take Bosh over Millsap, any day.

The only thing i dont want to happen is for him to come in and act like he owns the team just because he came from the big three and with multiple championships. attitudes like that ruin team chemistry and camaraderie. play your game, buy-in to casey's system, and i think with Lowry/Demar/Ross/Bosh/JV this team can compete big time.

Comment

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                        There is one other prodigal son of Massai's which nobody talks about coming to Toronto. The first one he sacraficed as a GM, Carmelo Anthony. Take away all of your bias' with Melo and tell me you don't think he is exactly what this team needs to contend.
                        i would go with either Bosh or Melo. Or both.

I really dont get why these players dont consider creating a legacy with a team like Toronto.
                        Who doesnt want to be the first guys in history to give a team their first championship ever???

Comment

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                          Good god, Melo on this team would be Rudy Gay to the nth power. Ball stopping iso play is not what we need.

I think he is going to make whoever signs him regret it.

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
                            Good god, Melo on this team would be Rudy Gay to the nth power. Ball stopping iso play is not what we need.

I think he is going to make whoever signs him regret it.
                            From the games i've seen, i think Melo's becoming a good team player. Plus the facets of his game are waaaay better compared to Rudy. he rebounds more, shoots threes better and is actually an underrated defender.

the problem with carmelo is that his reputation precedes him, but i think if given a chance to play with the raptors, he'll realize that he has a borderline all-star PG, an SG in his prime and a young stud center, guys who can make his life easier and actually contribute to team wins.

if you think about it, the raps could be the best core that he's ever played with, and if that doesnt rile him up i dont know what will.
                            Last edited by TheGloveinRapsUniform; Fri Jun 13, 2014, 11:29 AM.

Comment

I can't think of any basketball reasons why Bosh wouldn't be great on our team. Bosh-JV could dovetail really nicely. But from a financial standpoint I don't know how the raptors get it done without sacrificing other parts, and I don't know if the fans would be willing to welcome him back.

However, based on this thread's original title, if it happens he HAS to take number 30, so we can call him C3BO.

Comment

Working...
                              X