Masai time to bring back the prodigal son

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RepTdot wrote: View Post
    Melo is not a Masai type player...plus i think he opts in for 1 more year with the Knicks...I really like what Phil is doing over there despite Dolan. Phil & Fish with the triangle system and a clean slate on the books in 2015 off season. I think Jackson is gonna turn that team around.
    Masai type players are primarily role players though. I hope the definition of what Masai type players are changes sooner than later.

Comment

If we were to trade for a PF, I want Al Horford. Would probably cost less than Bosh or Love too.

-Excellent D (at 2 positions)
      -Excellent leader
      -Not a ball stopper
      -Versatile offensively (can play in the post, in the roll, and hit mid-range jumpers)
      -Tough minded player

Has some injury concerns, but to me they're a bit odd. Torn pecs are not something you'd expect to worry about and gotta think it's easier to mitigate/deal with than a structural thing, especially with a good training staff.

Comment

Bringing Rupaul back is just ridiculous. Here, he was soft and not at all a franchise player on 2 ways (he's just not talented, and he doesn't want it. guy's got no heart, no balls). He's pretty much Bargs or a rich man's Patterson (at least Patterson competes). I'm really happy that he finally gets exposed to American media to show how overrated he really is and how full of himself he is. He's one of the main reasons I hate the Heat, not really Lebron.

Plus how can you guys ever forgive him??? He not only ditched us, but he said bad things about the city. At least Vince never said anything bad about the our city. I hate this guy more than VC.

BC tried to build around him. He traded for JO to cover for Bosh's softness after he got destroyed by the likes of Mickey Moore and Jason Collins in the playoffs. That 2010 team with Bosh, Bargs, Hedo and rookie Derozan were in the middle of a playoff chase before Bosh sat out after the all-star break. So no thanks. Not paying him $10M just to be play the role of a Steve Novak or be the 3rd Raptor mascot.

Comment

Masai time to bring back the prodigal son

Does anyone have proof that Bosh is a ball stopper?

Also if you sign him to a 4 year deal. It expires in time to bring back the real son. Andrew Wiggins.

Lowry and DeMar want to win! The East should be better next year. This move makes the raptors legit contender.

You guys do understand that Bosh is a hall Famer right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Last edited by Chr1s1anL; Fri Jun 13, 2014, 02:31 PM.
          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

I could see Bosh staying in Miami even if the other guys leave.

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post

Also if you sign him to a 4 year deal. It expires in time to bring back the real son. Andrew Wiggins.

Lowry and DeMar want to win! The East should be better next year. This move makes the raptors legit contender.

He was a ball-stopper here, esp during the Sam Mitchell days, where the only offense on his playbook is Bosh iso on the top of the key.

Yes he "might" be a HOF as he joined forces with 2 top 10 players, got picked automatically as an all-star as he's part on the best team in the east (and also the voters' incompetence in selecting all-star big men), he won 2 championships on a stacked team, and roars like a dinosaur whenever he hits a jumpter. If he makes it to the HOF, VC, T-mac and others have to be there too.

I'd rather re-sign Patterson then, if you think Rupaul is the missing piece. He's much cheaper, he can shoot jumpers too, he hustles more. Then use the rest of the money to improve other areas of the roster.

Comment

He won't be available in 4 years, unless he busts. If he's an all star, he won't be unrestricted until 2021, 2022 or 2023, depending on what type extension he gets.

I agree though, I'd love Bosh on this team.

Comment

I think all this waiting for the draft and free agency has softened up some of the posters....or they do not remember Bosh's last year/s here. Not absolving BC but he led all on a chase while he had already made up his mind to move to Miami. In his defense the way he is playing for the Heat is how I believe his coach wants him to play (outside and a stretch 4).

Bosh is not/ever been an alpha dog personality (someone described him as such) and proof is he went to the Heat and plays 3rd fiddle if not lower from a leadership pov. Times have changed here. There are other leaders. And he'd be looking for top dollar. He has lost weight and we need a heavy inside presence at PF. No thanks.

Comment

The "Prodigal Son" can kiss my ass. He can stay in Miami, want no part of him here.
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

I don't care about how he left, it's not like he's a criminal. The Raptors have a leader in Lowry. I want an all star caliber player, and even better if he's a great fit, i.e. someone who can shoot, create his own shot and play good defense at PF.

I'm not particularly impressed by other realistic options. Millsap seems like a nice realistic target, I'd love to have him. But I'd probably prefer Bosh (I prefer Bosh as a player, but everything depends on the size of Millsap's next contract). Parsons seems off the table. Maybe Al Horford could become available, but right now I'd bet on the Hawks re-signing Horford. Many of the best incoming free agents over the next few years are point guards who don't make much sense next to Lowry, or centers who don't make much sense if Jonas keeps developing.

I don't really think Bosh is a realistic option, by the way. But if he was, he'd be high on my list.

Comment

BobLoblaw wrote: View Post
                        He won't be available in 4 years, unless he busts. If he's an all star, he won't be unrestricted until 2021, 2022 or 2023, depending on what type extension he gets.

I agree though, I'd love Bosh on this team.
                        Thank you people forget that Bosh is a top 5 player at his position. A great locker room guy.
                        24 PTS 1O.8 Rebs 2.4 AST 1.O Blk 0.6 Stl .510 FG .364 3FG last season with raps. I believe they went 40-42 that year. Now compare that roster to this one.
                        Last edited by Chr1s1anL; Fri Jun 13, 2014, 07:27 PM.
                        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Thank you people forget that Bosh is a top 5 player at his position. A great locker room guy.
                          24 PTS 1O.8 Rebs 2.4 AST 1.O Blk 0.6 Stl .510 FG .364 3FG last season with raps. I believe they went 40-42 that year. Now compare that roster to this one.
                          The probability of Melo joining the Heat is much higher than Rupaul coming back here honestly. Might as well go all-in for Lebron then. He is the ultimate missing piece. Plus he'll have an entire nation treat him like a god. lol.

Comment

2KJ wrote: View Post
                            The probability of Melo joining the Heat is much higher than Rupaul coming back here honestly. Might as well go all-in for Lebron then. He is the ultimate missing piece. Plus he'll have an entire nation treat him like a god. lol.
                            If Melo goes to Miami our chances to get better. The reason I'm bringing this all up is cause seems like the big three will go through a shake up.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                              If we were to trade for a PF, I want Al Horford. Would probably cost less than Bosh or Love too.

-Excellent D (at 2 positions)
                              -Excellent leader
                              -Not a ball stopper
                              -Versatile offensively (can play in the post, in the roll, and hit mid-range jumpers)
                              -Tough minded player

Has some injury concerns, but to me they're a bit odd. Torn pecs are not something you'd expect to worry about and gotta think it's easier to mitigate/deal with than a structural thing, especially with a good training staff.
                              I really like Horford but consecutive torn pecs seem like they are a structural thing based on some kind of imbalance. If it was improper training I'd roll the dice, but at this level I wonder how that even happens.

Comment

Why are you so obsessed with bringing back someone who obviously doesn't want to be here? If you get dumped, you move on, you don't go begging after the person who left.

Further, Bosh has settled into a soft comfort zone where he can get away with shooting jumpers and being a very weak stretch 4. He has publicly said he doesn't want to bang down low anymore. He has openly said he wants to stay in Miami.

The guy just doesn't fit in our plans. Let's move on.

Comment

Working...
                                X