Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Inbound Players This Off-Season: Love, Rubio, Mayo...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Love is money and still has a long way to go towards developing his game. Whose career would he most likely resemble?

He is a big body with a deft touch close and away from the rim. He pounds the boards and is famous for his outlet passes keying the fast break. Is he Bill Walton with a smoother j?

I don't understand why you guys slam Ariza so hard. He was often the best player on the court in the play offs with the lakers, made two game changing steals on in bounds plays and hit all his open threes. I love his game and think he thrives in offense where he's the third or fourth option and not like in Houston where he has to create on his own.

Comment

I didn't think I slammed him hard, I just called it like it is on offense. He shoots too much and isn't a good shooter. They've told him to reel it back a little a couple times now this year.

Comment

INFO wrote: View Post
        Kevin Love is an interesting name if we decide to rebulid, i love a good Bruin.
        Ariza is a chucker.

If we have the money, how about Matt Barnes (if he opts out)? he would be a improvement on Wright

I just noticed everyone i mentioned is from UCLA... huh..
        i know barnes isn't happy about being paid little. so,if orlando doesn't want to dish out the amount he feels he's worth he will opt out, other than that there's no way he moves from orlando.

i like ariza alot, but i don't think houston will give him up. so, my idea would be to inquire about battier. good defender answers what we've been looking for for a while now.

for those of you who say david lee is overrated he's not. there's no denying he's a machine on the glass.

past 2 seasons(including this one) second and third on double double list. i think bosh has him beat this year and dwight leads doesn't he?

bring in steve nash i don't care whether he's aging i think he'll feel inspired playing for his home country.

if you can't bring in steve, i try turkoglu and some other pieces for gil.

i really don't want reggie here, unless he actually has a solid ending to the season, still expendable. if we're not playing marcus he might as well be traded.

on a side note: would you have rather paid shawn that money to stay than bring in turk? i would.
        If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

I think getting ariza would be in a S snd T for Bosh. Battier is awesome, but I feel he is more valuable piece for a championship team than he is for rebuilding one, plus he's getting up there in age.

I like Barnes, but he keeps leaving teams after one year, there's gotta be something to that.

Your entire argument for Lee not being overrated is the singular reason he is. I like Lee's game, his hustle and the fact that he gets better every year. He plays in the D'antoni offense though, high volume of shots for both teams means more available boards. You put any good rebounded in that system and thier going to be a double double machine. He is a guy waiting to get paid and whose numbers are bound to drop once he leave NYC. I'm on board with Lee assuming we get rid of Bargs and/or Turk.

Comment

Lee was a rebound machine before D'Antoni showed up in NYC. If you're going to discredit Lee because of all the shots being taken nightly then you need to have Bosh on deck. I don't agree with your logic on that one. The guy is good at getting boards and he will be no matter where he lands. He hustles and has a knack for being in the right places. He's also consistent. This is his 2nd worst year in terms of FG%...He's only shooting 55.2% this year. It sucks, I know.

Comment

I'm not saying he isn't a good rebounder or player, but he's a free agent looking for a big contract and playing in a system that allows his game to prosper. He plays on a team without a single other rebounder, the only other guys getting boards are Harrington and Chandler.

I just checked the stats and NYC is only 7th in FG's per game, I thought they would be higher.

The raps really don't need to pay another white guy ten million a year not to play defense. I think Lee and Bargs could work and maybe Turk and Lee, but all three brings us dangerously close to a whitewash.

Comment

The Wolves are looking for a top interior defender to pair alongside one of Al Jefferson or Kevin Love. Andrea Bargnani doesn't fit that bill so I doubt they'd have any interest in the trade.

Kevin Love is a terrific player. I'd love to see him on the Raptors some day.
                Last edited by Dave; Wed Mar 24, 2010, 04:38 AM.
                nbaroundtable

Comment

Anderson Varejao for Andrea Bargnani

That is a deal that I would like Colangelo to pursue. No idea on whether the Cavs would consider it or not.
                  nbaroundtable

Comment

Notes -- Kevin Love measured as 6 foot 9 and a half inches prior to the draft. He had a standing reach of 8 foot 10 which was about average for a starting power forward.

Kevin McHale is really 6-11 or 7-0. McHale didn't want any of his opponents to know how tall he really was and admits he gave a lower height measurement to the NBA back when he was playing.

Al Jefferson is a legit 6-10 with long arms giving him a standing reach of 9 foot 2 which is about average for a center (which I believe is his best position).
                    nbaroundtable

Comment

If Bosh stays take a look at Biedrins. Get him while GSW would still be in love with Nellie Ball - a game Bargnani could play I think.

I think Bargs has more upside, by a fair bit, but Biedrins would be a much better player for Bosh to work with given his rebound and assist number are both much better than Bargs (blocks are close I think).

Comment

Dave wrote: View Post
                        I just threw up

Comment

TheR3dMenace wrote: View Post
                          Dave wrote: View Post

That is a deal that I would like Colangelo to pursue. No idea on whether the Cavs would consider it or not.
                          I just threw up
                          I think the Raptors would have won somewhere around 50 games this season if they had Varejao on their roster instead of Bargnani.
                          nbaroundtable

Comment

And next on my player "wish list":

Ricky Rubio

While it is possible that whatever team lands him could have to wait a year or two, it will be worth it. If Bosh is leaving then this team enters rebuild mode. Rubio is going to be one of the shining stars in this league one day soon and he would be an ideal candidate to lead a high octane offense. He's also a better defender than Jose Calderon. What would be his price tag? I'm thinking you might be able to land him for Jose Calderon plus something else. I'm sure they would be interested in DeRozan or Bargnani. Tough to say. Based on the mood around here I'm sure no one would cry right now at a trade leading to Calderon or Bargnani leaving town.

Comment

This will come into play if the wolves win the lottery too. Rubio would be the perfect piece to keep fans on board for a year or two while the team rebuilds around his eventual arrival.

Kahn, the Wolves GM has proved he's unconventional and willing to make bold moves. Would Derozan and Bargs be too much? I'd like to throw in Jose as well and get back Love, but that would be a steal I don't even think BC has enough magic to pull off.

Comment

I think if the Raptors went to the Wolves with Calderon and an lotto protected 1st round pick that's all it would take to get Rubio. I mean they have Flynn already and Rubio has expressed adamantly that he does not want to play in Minnesota. Rubio has missed one season and I think there is potential for two more. I think there is a rule that after three years the rookie scale no longer applies and so then he would have the ability to get paid a lot more for his first NBA contract. On the flip side maybe its not all about money and with his rights traded to a more desirable location he may want to come over and take the rookie deal. If he doesn't make the jump this off-season, then it probably won't happen for two more years seeing as the CBA will be renegotiated and rookie contracts are certain to be slashed tremendously. He will definitely want to bypass the rookie scale then. One more thing, the buyout is a bigtime factor too.

Comment

Working...
                                X