X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2009 Draft Class was better
    #BringBackUzoh

Comment

whoa is it just me or do #2 picks just suck ever since kev durant was selected back in 07

off the top of my head there was beasly than thabeet than evan turner than derrik williams than michael kidd gilchrest. However oladipo is good and i guess mkg could still be good. But WOW #2 has historically had huge bust potential the last couple years
      I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

Not good for Milwaukee, they'll probably draft Parker whose horrible defence will negate his offence.
        The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

In hindsight, Leonard is the best (so far) of the 2011 draft.

Comment

I remember the 2011 draft I wanted kemba walker then got pissed when we drafted another euro in jonas

Comment

TrossTheBOSS wrote: View Post
              I remember the 2011 draft I wanted kemba walker then got pissed when we drafted another euro in jonas
              Same, I saw a predraft work out of Walker and fell in love with him

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

Also chandler parsons, Isaiah Thomas, Kyle singler in 2nd round.

Comment

I just saw "big European man" and assumed he was another Bargnani and cried. I remember my two brothers (who aren't Raptors fans) laughing at me for that pick.

Comment

Guilty as charged. One of the reasons why Colangelo wasn't a very bad GM (not worse than Badcock). Smart move by them too on letting him play it out in Europe and continue developing there, rather than coming here on a shortened season, with very high expectations and demanding fans who don't want Hofa/Bargs 2.0.

However, I was pissed that we gave away that late 1st rounder for James fucking Johnson, when we could have drafted Cory Joseph with that pick. Oh well.

Comment

I know its easy to say after he gets Finals MVP - but I desperately wanted to draft Kawhi.

Now, would he be the player he is without Pop and the Gang? Doubtful...

Comment

SitnonDfence wrote: View Post
                        I know its easy to say after he gets Finals MVP - but I desperately wanted to draft Kawhi.

Now, would he be the player he is without Pop and the Gang? Doubtful...
                        If we were gonna redo the 2011 draft i would still take valanciunis. Leanord though amzig right now would have just been a role playyer for us. He cpuldve been bargnani 2.0 since he so quiet and doesnt care what people say about him. He was blessed to be traded to the spurs pops got to him

Sent from my GT-S7560M using Tapatalk
                        I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
                          If we were gonna redo the 2011 draft i would still take valanciunis. Leanord though amzig right now would have just been a role playyer for us. He cpuldve been bargnani 2.0 since he so quiet and doesnt care what people say about him. He was blessed to be traded to the spurs pops got to him

Sent from my GT-S7560M using Tapatalk
                          I agree (except for Bargs 2.0). I think I would still take JV too. Don't get me wrong, Kawhi is really really awesome, but if he got drafted somewhere else and didn't learn in the Spurs system, probably wouldn't be the same player. Probably.
                          Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

With what we know now, Leonard would be the choice. JV is good, but not that good.

Comment

A true big that can finish around the rim, has a developing post game, alter shots and has a little jumpshot is more game changing than a lengthy 3&D player that isn't great at creating his own shot.

Give JV some time, and I guarantee he will be a franchise player or at least a #2/3 on a championship team.
                              Big men take time to develop in the NBA. Its only been his first playoffs, while Leonard has been in back to back Finals and WCF the year before.

For all its worth, Leonard has been looking good on offense in the Finals because the defense is worried about everyone else. Tony Parker's drives, Tim Duncan in the paint, Ginobili, Green for 3.

Comment

JV is a work in progress. Leonard is already on lofty ground.

Comment

Working...
                                X