Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We must keep Vasquez he is the key to durant coming to toronto in 2016

Comment

It would have to be in July, as a S+T, which would make it difficult. Could not be this year's pick, unless we are willing to risk letting GSW decide who to pick and hope the negotiations between GSW and Vasquez go well, or they are interested in the prospect we draft. Just difficult all around.

I would definitely be interested if it were possible - Barnes could potentially be a stud starting SF in a few years - Vasquez is a cost I would be willing to pay for that. But trades are difficult in the NBA at the best of times - S+T's are even more so.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
        So everyone's against throwing in a first, what about Vasquez and a second? GS will not do the trade straight up
        It's not NBA 2K.

There's almost no difference between offering Vasquez + 2nd and just Vasquez...

Comment

What the hell is the obsession with Harrison Barnes about? Stop suggesting trading the 20th pick (or any other 1st round picks) for him.

He's not good...

9.5ppg this year on 48.6 TS%. That is hot garbage. Isn't particularly good defensively, OK rebounder, doesn't do much else. Sure he has some potential, but you don't trade a 20th pick that likely gets you a player 3 or 4 years younger than him for that.

Just really getting tired of reading about people trading first round draft picks for Barnes. NO NO NO NO!

Comment

imanshumpert wrote: View Post
            It's not NBA 2K.

There's almost no difference between offering Vasquez + 2nd and just Vasquez...
            Last time I checked, Phili trade Spencer Hawes to Cleveland this past season for two second rounders. First round picks are coveted but a pick 7 picks off the first round suddenly has zero trade value? Saying there's no difference in adding a pick is naive and irrational.

Comment

Last time I checked, Phili trade Spencer Hawes to Cleveland this past season for two second rounders. First round picks are coveted but a pick 7 picks off the first round suddenly has zero trade value? Saying there's no difference in adding a pick is naive and irrational.
              Umm Philly was dumping Spencer Hawes to tank... completely different situation.

He's a restricted free agent that they had no intention of trying to sign in the offseason, and they were trying to move him all year basically. That was the best offer they got that didn't have them taking back long-term salary.

All about context man. And if you could read properly you would've seen that I said there's "almost" no difference not no difference at all. While a 2nd round pick has value, it doesn't have significant value in a trade in this situation.

Comment

Regardless you said a second rounder would have no factor in a trade. 30th overall has value but our 37th doesn't?

Here's another example: Marcus Morris traded straight up for a 34th overall pick, he was on his rookie contract and had potential, if a second rounder has no value, the Rockets just decided to give him to Phoenix for free I'm assuming?

Comment

Regardless you said a second rounder would have no factor in a trade. 30th overall has value but our 37th doesn't?

Here's another example: Marcus Morris traded straight up for a 34th overall pick, he was on his rookie contract and had potential, if a second rounder has no value, the Rockets just decided to give him to Phoenix for free I'm assuming?
                  Sorry, ALMOST no factor, no significant value though

Comment

All these examples are teams trading players away for almost nothing to clear cap space. GSW has no need or ability to clear cap space.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                      All these examples are teams trading players away for almost nothing to clear cap space. GSW has no need or ability to clear cap space.
                      Clearing 1.5 mil on a rookie contract definitely isn't clearing cap space. Not to mention it was done 5 months before the Howard trade so that's not related.

Comment

Clearing 1.5 mil on a rookie contract definitely isn't clearing cap space. Not to mention it was done 5 months before the Howard trade so that's not related.
                        It was reported at the time that they didn't want the rookie scale salary on the books, and would rather have a player on a minimum deal for flexibility reasons, and specifically so they could gear up for a trade like that one.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                          It was reported at the time that they didn't want the rookie scale salary on the books, and would rather have a player on a minimum deal for flexibility reasons, and specifically so they could gear up for a trade like that one.
                          Wasn't aware of that. Sounds fair enough but I still think adding our 37th overall pick makes a substantial difference.

Comment

I rather we try to get Jordan Crawford. Guy was balling as the starting pg on celtics when rondo was out. Would be great off the bench for instant offense or to help run the 2nd unit

Comment

Im surprised at the response to this. Lets think it though.

Greasy is a guy who a lot of people are 50/50 on even keeping. Hes an asset maybe, but not a great one as you only get him for one year.

Our number 20 pick. Perhaps one way to look at this would be to say, would you take someone else's #20ish pick this year for TRoss? Even with the disappointing playoff performance, I say no way in hell.

So, I look at this and say if you can get a good player (who looked great in last years playoffs btw, despite slipping since) for Greasy and a #20, I do that all day ....
                              Its not mortgaging your future at all, you are getting back a guy who has been in the league 2 years with tonnes of upside still.

Very surprised at the reaction.

Comment

Wasn't aware of that. Sounds fair enough but I still think adding our 37th overall pick makes a substantial difference.
                                Why the hell would adding the 37th pick make a significant difference to a contender like the Warriors?

Comment

Working...
                                X