James Ennis anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• James Ennis anyone?

Played in the Miami Heat summer league last summer. 6'7, 210. A small trade would have to be involved with Miami. Thoughts?

I'm not sure he may end up like buycks sitting on the bench , good at summer league and good in d league but not very good in nba

Comment

Question: How exactly is he property of the Heat?

Comment

blackjitsu wrote: View Post
        Question: How exactly is he property of the Heat?
        Traded on draft night to Heat by Atlanta.

Comment

The Heat own his draft rights and those rights won't expire until he spends a year not playing basketball. He played overseas this past year in the NBL so the Heat retain his rights, and he played very well in the Australian NBL (first-team NBL player, third in MVP voting, played a crucial role for the championship-winning Perth Wildcats) so I doubt the Heat are interested in trading him for nothing because he looks like he can become an NBA player - the only reason the Heat didn't assign him to the D-league is because they couldn't afford to give him an NBA-league-minimum contract due to salary cap reasons.

Comment

For cash sure, looks like he's worth a look, but my guess is if he is a NBA level player, the Heat keep him since they need cheap bench players if they keep all 3 of their stars.

Comment

Heat's window is right now, they don't really have the time to develop players.
              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

If Wade opts in they'll be hitting the repeater tax. They might not have a choice.

Comment

Riley talked a bit about him in his end of season presser today. Looks like they'll be taking a look at him for next year.
                  Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

Working...
                  X