No announcement yet.

Poor Nando, Happy Daye

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Practice pylons are overrated. Easily replaced with broomsticks.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
      Practice pylons are overrated. Easily replaced with broomsticks.
      Broomsticks don't have the size or weight for the role.

I agree athleticism and a great vertical are not necessary, but a pylon operating at this level has to be able to maintain position under some heavy going.

Comment

What about cardboard cutouts instead?

Good luck getting past this wall!

Comment

I'd rather have de Colo than Vasquez @ this point. A big PG who'd prefer to run an offense/drive to the basket rather than shoot transition 3s.

Comment

godkingleonidas wrote: View Post
            I'd rather have de Colo than Vasquez @ this point. A big PG who'd prefer to run an offense/drive to the basket rather than shoot transition 3s.

Vasquez was a pass first point guard before toronto.

The issue isn't vasqeuz IT is what he is being asked to do.

Comment

I really think we are underestimating the importance of Vasquez on this team. Really.

Comment

charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
                I really think we are underestimating the importance of Vasquez on this team. Really.
                He is very important - he's the backup PG. His inability to guard anybody or single minded determination to brick isn't a value judgement

Comment

He's one of the best backup pgs like it or not. He frustrates the hell out of me, but at least he does impact the game, capable of going off for 15-20 or having an off night. He also takes care of the ball really well, which is obviously extremely important for a backup pg.
                  9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                    He's one of the best backup pgs like it or not. He frustrates the hell out of me, but at least he does impact the game, capable of going off for 15-20 or having an off night. He also takes care of the ball really well, which is obviously extremely important for a backup pg.
                    Vasquez has a higher turnover ratio than Lowry, DD, Ross and Lou. Literally the most turnover prone guard on the roster.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                      Vasquez has a higher turnover ratio than Lowry, DD, Ross and Lou. Literally the most turnover prone guard on the roster.
                      By what measure? He's right behind Lowry in assists to turnover and way ahead of the rest, has fewer turnover per 36 than Lowry and DD, also close to Lou despite handling the ball every time up the floor. I'd say that's pretty reliable. People like to yell YOLO and talk about his random shots true, but he's got a better turnover per 48 than point guards like Kyle Lowry, Chris Paul and Steph Curry.
                      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                        By what measure? He's right behind Lowry in assists to turnover and way ahead of the rest, has fewer turnover per 36 than Lowry and DD, also close to Lou despite handling the ball every time up the floor. I'd say that's pretty reliable. People like to yell YOLO and talk about his random shots true, but he's got a better turnover per 48 than point guards like Kyle Lowry, Chris Paul and Steph Curry.
                        Turnovers per 100 possessions used. Those guards are much more heavily used, so of course they end up with more turnovers.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

I'm just glad we're past the days of Milt Palacio, Rick Brunson, Roko Ukic and Will Solomon.

Comment

I don't know whether Nando's performance makes Vasquez tradeable, but I'm starting to think it might make Ross expendable.

Assuming we can bring him over in the fall, that is.
                            Last edited by TheWaterboy; Sat Feb 28, 2015, 04:57 PM. Reason: Needed to state my assumption.

Comment

Nando de Colo (rights still owned by the Raptors) was just named to the Euroleague 1st team

All-EuroleagueSecond Team

Gigi Datome
                              Quincy Miller
                              EkpeUdoh
                              Anthony Randolph
                              Gustavo Ayon

— Sportando(@Sportando) May 6, 2016

Comment

Saw a tweet from someone in the US basketball media that de Colo and Vesely will be significant options in free agency this summer. Pretty nice that we still have his RFA rights.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X