LeBron to the Toronto Raptors???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LeBron to the Toronto Raptors???

I know this might be far-fetched, but I really think LeBron is a better fit than KD, as LeBron is both a scorer and a distributor. The Raps have a much better overall roster than the Heat:

Lowry>>>>> Chalmers
    DeRozan > Wade (As Wade is old and has bad knees)
    Amir > Battier/Lewis
    Jonas >>> Any other Miami big man, including Bosh

Our current bench is much better too than the Heat (although I know that some of our key players are also FAs).

And we got Drizzy Drake!

LeBron would have an entire nation treat him like a basketball god!!! He would be equivalent to how Wayne Gretzky was when he was traded to LA, or how Sidney Crosby, Jonathan Toews, etc. are to their respective US teams. I could also imagine bandwagon fans trying to "immigrate" and be Raptors "fans" LOL.

So, you think he'll opt out just to sign with Toronto?

I'd be happy and all, but... not gonna happen.
    The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Wouldn't even be shocked if TL makes a run for him, but I think better chance with KD when JV becomes an all star and DD Is even better

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

007 wrote: View Post
        So, you think he'll opt out just to sign with Toronto?

I'd be happy and all, but... not gonna happen.
        Hopefully??? lol. Raps need to make an effort though of recruiting him if they really want him.

His possible destinations could be Cleveland, Houston, Chicago, Dallas, Miami, Lakers, Knicks. All of them are in the US. If he goes to the west, competition is much much stiffer, and even making the playoffs is never a guarantee. Whereas, it's less difficult in the east. Houston and Dallas seem like a great fit for him, as they pretty much have their core and are already established. Chicago needs to have Rose back healthy, otherwise, it is pretty much Miami all over again, as seen this year when they got owned by the wizards. Knicks need to stay out of this and rebuild properly.

Cleveland is very intriguing as they have a lot of young guys, they have a stay pg in Kyrie, and they have the number 1 pick this year. Embiid would be the logical pick, but his health is in question. And they still don't have a coach.

DC also looks like a decent destination.

However, the ownership is much improved since they hired Tim Leiweke. They have made a lot of smart moves, which included bringing home Masai, getting the 2016 all-star games, hiring Drake (yes, he is vital for marketing. he helped recruit Defoe.), improving TFC, recently hiring Shanahan. So if they really want to get him, they can.

Raps might have a better chance with KD, as KD said that the Raps were his childhood favourite team. But who knows, why not go after the bigger fish in LeBron? They might have lost badly, but he's still the best in the league right now.

Comment

We all wish

Comment

We are not getting LBJ, stop lol

Comment

it's not as far fetched as it seems

good young team, entire COUNTRY to love and adore him, MU and Leweike

i have no idea how it'd work contracts wise
              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

you never know, it might happen
                contract wise, we would probably have to get rid of hansbrough, salmons
                and trade picks away with fields, hayes to get good cap space

with like 17 mill off the table there, we can offer lebron probably a max deal while still keeping most of our roster intact

PG: Lowry/Vasquez
                SG: Derozan/Ross
                SF: Lebron/??? (people will take the minimum to play with a contender)
                PF: Johnson/Patterson
                C: Big V/Cole Aldrich? /???

Comment

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL you think you're gonna get LeBron?

LOOOOOOL stay classy guys.

#NetsWinAtlantic2014

Comment

I vote for Magic Johnson and Michael Jordan to the Raptors. Yeah, yeah, I know it's far fetched but I like it better than all these other ideas.

Comment

Brooklyn Baller wrote: View Post

#NetsWinAtlantic2014
                      LOL what is a Brooklyn Net fan doing on a Raptors forum on the "Everything Raptors" section??? How is wishing on signing Lebron unclassy? Raptors didn't spend $200M on an aging roster that was supposed to be championship or bust but horribly underachieved. You guys weren't even 0.500 even when Lopez was still playing.

And hashtags don't work at this forum. Go F yourself, and F Brooklyn!

Comment

Brooklyn Baller wrote: View Post

#NetsWinAtlantic2014
                        C'mon mods ban this fker

Comment

are we seriously trying to nitpick between LBJ and KD because LBJ would be a 'better fit'???

what team would he NOT fit on? sorry but this is just dumb.

Comment

I found this podcast. It's from the Bob McCowan radio sports show. http://pmd.fan590.com/podcasts/pts/p...14th---5pm.mp3

This is old though as it was dated January 14, 2014. At the beginning of the clip they were talking about how Butch Carter thinks that Lebron would either sign with Cleveland or Toronto. They discuss about it. They also talk about how Lowry has a tendency to play his ass out on a contract year, then gets fat and lazy when he gets the contract, leading to how one of the guys wants to trade him on trade deadline (I repeat, this is an old clip, before trade deadline and before the raps made and played in the playoffs).

Comment

Last edited by secueritae; Mon Jun 16, 2014, 11:54 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X