Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 22

Thread: Vegas: Raps are 60/1 to win championship next year

  1. #1
    Raptors Republic All-Star Scraptor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,206
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Vegas: Raps are 60/1 to win championship next year

    http://www.vegasinsider.com/nba/odds/futures/

    Can't believe we're lumped in with the Nuggets. Ugh. Or that the Knicks are higher than us.

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    7
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    And the Nets are higher

  3. #3
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    224
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I wonder if there is a way to 'short' the Knicks ... or to bet that Toronto finishes higher than NY?

  4. #4
    Raptors Republic Starter Bonus Jonas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Windsor, Ontario
    Posts
    394
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Knicks, Nets and Lakers are higher than us because they're teams people will bet on regardless of if they're good or not. Toronto didn't get snubbed or anything like that, it's the same reason the Leafs have high odds to win it every year.

  5. Like Letter N, Employee liked this post
  6. #5
    Raptors Republic All-Star Yabadabayolo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Kitchener "Sketchener"
    Posts
    1,713
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    How do they make the odds because the nets have a higher odd to win the nba championship but we have higher odds to win the eastern conference . Shouldn't those two come hand in hand
    In Swag we Trust

    -Nick Young

  7. #6
    Raptors Republic All-Star Scraptor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,206
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
    Knicks, Nets and Lakers are higher than us because they're teams people will bet on regardless of if they're good or not. Toronto didn't get snubbed or anything like that, it's the same reason the Leafs have high odds to win it every year.
    Actually a book tries to be balanced, so bookmakers will give lower odds to the heavy action. Unless they're just trying to lure in the suckers and don't actually believe those teams have a chance.

  8. #7
    Raptors Republic All-Star 007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Vancouver, B.C.
    Posts
    2,376
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Don't listen to them, the Raps are going to kick fucking ass next year.
    The name's Bond, James Bond.

  9. #8
    Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,566
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
    How do they make the odds because the nets have a higher odd to win the nba championship but we have higher odds to win the eastern conference . Shouldn't those two come hand in hand
    Playoff success =/= Regular season success.

  10. #9
    Raptors Republic Superstar iblastoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    3,236
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
    How do they make the odds because the nets have a higher odd to win the nba championship but we have higher odds to win the eastern conference . Shouldn't those two come hand in hand
    we won the division but got knocked out by the nets. so nope, not hand in hand.
    Last edited by iblastoff; Mon Jun 16th, 2014 at 04:43 PM.

  11. #10
    Raptors Republic All-Star Yabadabayolo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Kitchener "Sketchener"
    Posts
    1,713
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote iblastoff wrote: View Post
    we won the conference but got knocked out by the nets. so nope, not hand in hand.
    No I'm saying whoever is said to have a higher chance of winning the championship should also be said to have a higher chance of winning the eastern conference. You have to win the east before you even compete for the championship. I just used Toronto and Brooklyn as an example.

    In their rankings, Toronto has a higher chance to win the east but lower chance to win the championship than Brooklyn. Just wondering how they come up with it
    In Swag we Trust

    -Nick Young

  12. #11
    Raptors Republic Starter Bonus Jonas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Windsor, Ontario
    Posts
    394
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
    No I'm saying whoever is said to have a higher chance of winning the championship should also be said to have a higher chance of winning the eastern conference. You have to win the east before you even compete for the championship. I just used Toronto and Brooklyn as an example.

    In their rankings, Toronto has a higher chance to win the east but lower chance to win the championship than Brooklyn. Just wondering how they come up with it
    By win the east I think they're referring to coming in first, not actually making the finals if that clears anything up.

  13. #12
    Raptors Republic Starter Bonus Jonas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Windsor, Ontario
    Posts
    394
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Scraptor wrote: View Post
    Unless they're just trying to lure in the suckers and don't actually believe those teams have a chance.
    They are trying to lure in the suckers, laker fans will always believe they have a shot at the title even if they clearly don't like this year. Same with nets, Knicks and a lot of big money teams who's fans think they're better than they actually are.

    Also, a casual better might not actually know who's a better team and in the case of say a Toronto vs New York game this year, Toronto is the better team but someone that's not a big basketball fan would probably be inclined to pick New York (big city, basketball history).

    BTW anyway to quote more than one post in my post on mobile? Not too sure how to do it if it's possible.

  14. #13
    Raptors Republic All-Star Raptorsnz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,470
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
    How do they make the odds because the nets have a higher odd to win the nba championship but we have higher odds to win the eastern conference . Shouldn't those two come hand in hand
    We did just get closer to winning the Eastern conference and they did get closer to winning the NBA championship so....

    (unless by winning Eastern conference you mean getting into the Finals.)

  15. #14
    Raptors Republic All-Star JimiCliff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,924
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I like the Spurs at 8-1

  16. #15
    Raptors Republic All-Star Yabadabayolo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Kitchener "Sketchener"
    Posts
    1,713
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
    We did just get closer to winning the Eastern conference and they did get closer to winning the NBA championship so....

    (unless by winning Eastern conference you mean getting into the Finals.)
    woops yea i misunderstood the link. I thought it said we have a better chance to make it to the finals but brooklyn has a better chance to win it.

    I understand then
    In Swag we Trust

    -Nick Young

  17. #16
    Raptors Republic All-Star Scraptor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,206
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    No yabadaba they have the Raps and Nets even at 25/1 to win the east, but the Nets ahead to win it all. Meaning if the Nets made the finals their vets would be more likely to finish the job in the finals.

  18. #17
    Raptors Republic Starter TrossTheBOSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    297
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    They must have factored in the refs in these betting odds.

  19. #18
    Raptors Republic All-Star Scraptor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,206
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote JimiCliff wrote: View Post
    I like the Spurs at 8-1
    This is a bet on whether Duncan retires. If he retires I bet this line moves to 15 or 20 to 1. If he doesn't it might move up slightly.

  20. #19
    Raptors Republic Superstar Puffer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2,736
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Scraptor wrote: View Post
    http://www.vegasinsider.com/nba/odds/futures/

    Can't believe we're lumped in with the Nuggets. Ugh. Or that the Knicks are higher than us.
    I can't believe this. I think Raps are no worse than 53/1 to win it all. Don't have time to go through my own analysis, but there it is. 53/1. Book it!







  21. #20
    Raptors Republic Rookie feet85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Scarborough,ON
    Posts
    182
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I have no idea how betting works
    #BringBackUzoh

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •