Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vegas: Raps are 60/1 to win championship next year

http://www.vegasinsider.com/nba/odds/futures/

Can't believe we're lumped in with the Nuggets. Ugh. Or that the Knicks are higher than us.

And the Nets are higher

Comment

I wonder if there is a way to 'short' the Knicks ... or to bet that Toronto finishes higher than NY?

Comment

Knicks, Nets and Lakers are higher than us because they're teams people will bet on regardless of if they're good or not. Toronto didn't get snubbed or anything like that, it's the same reason the Leafs have high odds to win it every year.

Comment

How do they make the odds because the nets have a higher odd to win the nba championship but we have higher odds to win the eastern conference . Shouldn't those two come hand in hand
          I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
            Knicks, Nets and Lakers are higher than us because they're teams people will bet on regardless of if they're good or not. Toronto didn't get snubbed or anything like that, it's the same reason the Leafs have high odds to win it every year.
            Actually a book tries to be balanced, so bookmakers will give lower odds to the heavy action. Unless they're just trying to lure in the suckers and don't actually believe those teams have a chance.

Comment

Don't listen to them, the Raps are going to kick fucking ass next year.
              The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
                How do they make the odds because the nets have a higher odd to win the nba championship but we have higher odds to win the eastern conference . Shouldn't those two come hand in hand
                Playoff success =/= Regular season success.

Comment

we won the division but got knocked out by the nets. so nope, not hand in hand.
                  Last edited by iblastoff; Mon Jun 16, 2014, 04:43 PM.

Comment

iblastoff wrote: View Post
                    we won the conference but got knocked out by the nets. so nope, not hand in hand.
                    No I'm saying whoever is said to have a higher chance of winning the championship should also be said to have a higher chance of winning the eastern conference. You have to win the east before you even compete for the championship. I just used Toronto and Brooklyn as an example.

In their rankings, Toronto has a higher chance to win the east but lower chance to win the championship than Brooklyn. Just wondering how they come up with it

Comment

No I'm saying whoever is said to have a higher chance of winning the championship should also be said to have a higher chance of winning the eastern conference. You have to win the east before you even compete for the championship. I just used Toronto and Brooklyn as an example.

In their rankings, Toronto has a higher chance to win the east but lower chance to win the championship than Brooklyn. Just wondering how they come up with it
                      By win the east I think they're referring to coming in first, not actually making the finals if that clears anything up.

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
                        Unless they're just trying to lure in the suckers and don't actually believe those teams have a chance.
                        They are trying to lure in the suckers, laker fans will always believe they have a shot at the title even if they clearly don't like this year. Same with nets, Knicks and a lot of big money teams who's fans think they're better than they actually are.

Also, a casual better might not actually know who's a better team and in the case of say a Toronto vs New York game this year, Toronto is the better team but someone that's not a big basketball fan would probably be inclined to pick New York (big city, basketball history).

BTW anyway to quote more than one post in my post on mobile? Not too sure how to do it if it's possible.

Comment

We did just get closer to winning the Eastern conference and they did get closer to winning the NBA championship so....

(unless by winning Eastern conference you mean getting into the Finals.)

Comment

I like the Spurs at 8-1
                            "Stop eating your sushi."
                            "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                            "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                            - Jack Armstrong

Comment

Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
                              We did just get closer to winning the Eastern conference and they did get closer to winning the NBA championship so....

(unless by winning Eastern conference you mean getting into the Finals.)
                              woops yea i misunderstood the link. I thought it said we have a better chance to make it to the finals but brooklyn has a better chance to win it.

I understand then

Comment

Working...
                              X