Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Everything Kyle Lowry

Post Thanks / Like

Or, to trade DD, or to not trade DD.
    The name's Bond, James Bond.

Raptors Republic Veteran MACK11's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Or is this the real KL or contract year KL?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Letter N wrote: View Post
    Could god tell a joke so funny that even he couldn't keep his poker face????
    When a cow laughs hard, does milk come out its nose?

4. Like Puffer liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar Puffer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote S.R. wrote: View Post
    When a cow laughs hard, does milk come out its nose?
    Made me LOL

6. Like S.R. liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star Yabadabayolo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
    Instead of religion why don't we bring back another important debate that's impossible to get a clear answer on: TJ Ford or Calderon?
    Ima say built ford tough. Had it not been for those back injuries, he would be killing the league right now.

We'll not killing it but he would be a championship level starter. If he was surrounded by other good players
    In Swag we Trust

-Nick Young

8. Like OldSkoolCool liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Lets get this discussion back to Lowry.

Good unrelated discussion, which is probably best suited for the non-sport forum.

The ironic thing is that the discussion about religion came on the heels of a joke that was making fun of Salmons, not god/religion, but some people apparently misunderstood the joke and got upset.

Lowry seems like to much of a competitor to me to team up with the superfriends.

10. Like Nilanka liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star Letter N's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    Lowry seems like to much of a competitor to me to team up with the superfriends.
    No offence but that's an idiotic statement.

If you're competitive you join great players to take on other great players and prove you're the best. Taking the money would be the non-competitive thing to do. Also Lowry isn't exactly Lebron or CP3, he can't do it alone (hell even Lebron and CP3 can't do it alone).

On top of that the Heat just lost the finals, he's not joining the Dream Team, if anything if he can help them back to being NBA champs it will prove his greatness, not take away from it.

12. Like imanshumpert liked this post
    Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

If Heat pays Lowry anything around 8-9, then you can be 100% sure he will leave.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Heat will resign bosh and Wade to new 4 year contracts - wade at $11 million to 14 million in the last year. Bosh probably 4/65 million and Lebron doesn't. Opt out . Heat starts with 49 million with 5 players and Haslem takes 2/5 million and stays with the team. Cole and the allotment for the first round pick.
    Heat will be under the salary Cap by 14 million. Do you spend your monies on a PG like Lowry or for the same amount of monies -$9 million for a 4 year contract for Gasol 4/40 ,Jordan Hill, Marvin Williams or Nick young type scorer.
    Don't see Lowry as the need, rebounding and rebounding. The first round pick for mIami could be another scoring Pg
    That is my opinion

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

If you're competitive you join great players to take on other great players and prove you're the best. Taking the money would be the non-competitive thing to do. Also Lowry isn't exactly Lebron or CP3, he can't do it alone (hell even Lebron and CP3 can't do it alone).

On top of that the Heat just lost the finals, he's not joining the Dream Team, if anything if he can help them back to being NBA champs it will prove his greatness, not take away from it.
    This. I've never understood how aligning yourself with great talent makes you less of a competitor. If anything you're the best kind of competitor because you're willing to sacrifice individual glory for team success.

Post Thanks / Like

I meant individually - I just get the feeling from this past season that Lowry wants to be a leader for his team, as opposed to playing 3rd/4th fiddle to LBJ, Bosh and Wade (when playing). Lowry would be completely overshadowed in Miami. From everything I heard/read this past season, including comments from MU, DC and Lowry himself, I just thought that one of the aspects of this past season that influenced Lowry having a great season was him not only running the show on the court as PG, but also off the court (ie: taking JV under his wing, etc..).

Obviously I don't know where his head's at, but I highly doubt he'd take below market value to sign with an established super team.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Dwyane Wade is likely to opt out of his final two seasons, at $41.5 million, and probably accept a deal from the Heat worth $50 million-$55 million over four years to help the team open up cap space

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...icle-1.1838772
    Wade starting salary of $12M creates a $53M contract over 4 years.
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
    Haven't seen anywhere else report that it's "likely". Not sure I buy it. Either way, I don't think Lowry will sign there.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Hoops hype reported the same article and bosh is willing to take a lower salary as well. , read that in South Florida Sports section. Now that Miller was bought and paid off by the Heat can he resign in Miami for next year? Carlos Boozer when he is released will go to Miami.
    Agreed that KL wants to be the main force and he will not sign in Miami.

Raptors Republic All-Star Raptorsnz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

According to David Aldridge the Lakers are one of the teams very interested in Kyle Lowry:

"Raps have a decent shot at keeping Kyle Lowry, but there will be suitors -- and the Lakers are at the top of the list."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
    hmmm i vaguely remember someone calling this very thing earlier in the thread
    @jerboat

Raptors Republic Rookie Reyaz123's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Uh oh Lowry this can't be true

10) Toronto (48-34, lost first round): Raps have a decent shot at keeping Kyle Lowry, but there will be suitors -- and the Lakers are at the top of the list.

source:http://www.nba.com/2014/news/feature...ree/index.html

And hearing that Ujiri is going hard for lowry, I get the sense k-low needs a lot of convincing to stay..i mean ALOT

Raptors Republic All-Star stooley's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Reyaz123 wrote: View Post
    10) Toronto (48-34, lost first round): Raps have a decent shot at keeping Kyle Lowry, but there will be suitors -- and the Lakers are at the top of the list.

source:http://www.nba.com/2014/news/feature...ree/index.html

And hearing that Ujiri is going hard for lowry, I get the sense k-low needs a lot of convincing to stay..i mean ALOT
    I think you may have misunderstood that statement.

The Lakers want Lowry really bad, but the Raptors are still the front runners.

Raptors Republic Veteran rocwell's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote stooley wrote: View Post
    I think you may have misunderstood that statement.

The Lakers want Lowry really bad, but the Raptors are still the front runners.
    LakersNation ( not sure if we can trust them ) say that Kyle has the Lakers at the top of the list.

Raptors Republic Rookie Reyaz123's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Only one can hope it isn't true

Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread Information