Page 12 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread: Report: Lowry re-signs @ 4yr/$48M w/ETO after 3rd year

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Keep in mind folks, there will be no signing of this offer until the 10th. Lowry can verbally agree as of midnight, but nothing's official till it's official. Just ask Matt Barnes, John Salmons, Trevor Ariza, and MJ (re: Chandler-Calderon trade).

That said, if he's getting 12M per year, that's the upper end of what I expected for him. If he's getting a starting salary of 12M and max raises, he's getting closer to 13-14M per year. That's quite an offer.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Primer wrote: View Post
    De Colo is cheap, Vasquez won't be. Lowry is going to be expensive $12M+, so I think that makes Vasquez the odd man out. Vasquez also wants a 3+ year deal, which Ujiri and every other GM have been reluctant to give to backups. I think getting Lou Williams made Vasquez expendable. All just speculation on my part, I won't be upset if we bring greasy back.
    I still think GV is brought back - he's a valuable asset and could be traded if need be, and I think he's more in the future plans for this team than de Colo or Williams are.

Raptors Republic All-Star Jclaw's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote KHD wrote: View Post
    Grange on the radio said: "I think that deal is as good as done. That's my prediction"

Now, Grange is probably not wrong, but it is by no means official. Definitely premature.
    Thanks for the clarification. Trying to to count any eggs here. The "that's my prediction" part gives the preceding "as good as done" part a new context. There has been a major shift in the waters with the Miami situation and however comfortable the raps may have felt at the end of the season or even at the Masai fundraiser last week, until we hear it from Lowry...things can always change. Money or not, it would say a lot about Lowry if he signed here.
    It's not just about Lowry...It's about the 3 spot.

Raptors Republic All-Star Jclaw's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote KHD wrote: View Post
    Grange on the radio said: "I think that deal is as good as done. That's my prediction"

Now, Grange is probably not wrong, but it is by no means official. Definitely premature.
    Not to be redundant but...wow! Look at how a sentence taken out of context explodes. Search "lowry" on twitter and you have so many sources quoting "as good as done". Some reputable places too. Crazy. It's like professional broken telephone.

Kudos to Marc Stein for keeping a level head

Last edited by Jclaw; Mon Jun 30th, 2014 at 08:45 PM.
    It's not just about Lowry...It's about the 3 spot.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Jclaw wrote: View Post
    Not to be redundant but...wow! Look at how a sentence taken out of context explodes. Search "lowry" on twitter and you have so many sources quoting "as good as done". Some reputable places too. Crazy. It's like professional broken telephone.

Kudos to Marc Stein for keeping a level head

Stein is good.

but that Brian Windhorseshit... is full of just that.

If Lowry signs here tonight.. i swear ill take a pic of Brian Windhorst and stick my fingers down the throat so I can puke on his face

Raptors Republic Starter OptimalOptimist's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Told y'all.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

12M per hmm... It's a lot of money but tbh I can't think of a player better than Lowry who makes less than that (except Steph Curry who obviously signed a cheap deal because of the ankle problems).

Raptors Republic Veteran rocwell's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote imanshumpert wrote: View Post
    12M per hmm... It's a lot of money but tbh I can't think of a player better than Lowry who makes less than that (except Steph Curry who obviously signed a cheap deal because of the ankle problems).
    Well, Steph accepted early extension from the Warriors... He's no doubt max player, if he hadn't signed that deal early.

Post Thanks / Like

it's a lot, but at the same time it's top 10 PG money. which he is.
    @jerboat

Raptors Republic All-Star Primer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote DanH wrote: View Post
    I still think GV is brought back - he's a valuable asset and could be traded if need be, and I think he's more in the future plans for this team than de Colo or Williams are.
    Brought back for how much and how many years? I like Vasquez but I think he'll be too price and/or too many years considering how much we're going to be paying Lowry.
    Vasquez is valuable on a cheap short contract, not a 3 year $20M deal.

Raptors Republic Starter Dr Hannibal Lecter's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I didn't have any doubt..12 millions sounds about right,probably 4years..50 million on the T Dot
    Is it a lot,maybe,but if he plays the way he played this year,then his worth it. I rather c a guy giving his all and playing like champ then paying someone like Rudy Gay at 19 million and plays like a bum.
    If he does sign at that money that means Greivis Vásquez is pretty much a goner,maybe they can fit him under the cap,but then how u gonna sign Patrick Patterson,anyway this is first domino,keep it going.
    "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
    My kitchen is always open to friends"

Raptors Republic Starter Bonus Jonas's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

DanH can we get a cap update on if Lowry signs a deal starting at 12 million per?

How much money would we have to spend on GV, PPAT and De Colo?

How much of the Mid Level exception would we be able to spend without going into the tax?

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

(from bleacherreport) Updates from Monday, June 30

Brett Poirier of Sheridan Hoops reports that one team is finalizing a deal to sign Kyle Lowry:

Kyle Lowry is finalizing an agreement remain a member of the Toronto Raptors, reports @michaelgrange. - Brett Poirier NBA
    @BrettNBA

(note bleacherreport is not the most trust worthy site when it comes to rumors considering they started the whole bosh coming back to Toronto and lowry S&T to Miami)

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

If this is an aggressive bid, I could see 5 years, 60M. That would be 12M per year, and would be worrying in those 4th and 5th years, but if you don't want Lowry to at least see what MIA or HOU have to offer, you have to knock his socks off. And Ujiri has a history of paying whatever he needs to to keep his free agents - even if it means trading them a year or two later if their contract proves to be too cumbersome.
    I think this is the key that should alleviate the fear. Lets face it: If Kyle has 2014-15 & on seasons like 2013-14 we are loughing.
    As for GV getting 5-6 mil, I doubt it. Look at some very serviceable backup PGs:
    -J Nelson just got bought out, Collison, Sessions, Williams... Most of these guys play for minimum or under 2 mil.
    I am convinced 3 years for $10 mil -done deal.
    WRT to 2pat: Probably 4 years for 20-24 mil should do it.
    With above 3, we should be be very comfortable WRT salary cap. Possibly room for ??? (VC or Okafor?)

Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
    DanH can we get a cap update on if Lowry signs a deal starting at 12 million per?

How much money would we have to spend on GV, PPAT and De Colo?

How much of the Mid Level exception would we be able to spend without going into the tax?
    DanH breaks it down here:
    http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/forum...l=1#post348672

Here's my breakdown of the Raps' salary situation for this year.

2014-15:

DeMar DeRozan $9,500,000
    Amir Johnson $7,000,000 (5 M guar)
    Landry Fields $6,250,000
    Chuck Hayes $5,958,750
    Lou Williams $5,450,000
    Steve Novak $3,445,947
    Jonas Valanciunas $3,678,360
    Tyler Hansbrough $3,326,235 (fully guaranteed now)
    Terrence Ross $2,793,960
    Julyan Stone $948,163 (unguaranteed until 7th July)
    Dwight Buycks $816,482 (unguaranteed until 22nd July)
    Marcus Camby $646,609 (buyout)

Kyle Lowry $9,315,000 (cap hold)
    Patrick Patterson $7,763,253 (cap hold; $3,557,174* QO)
    Greivis Vasquez $5,375,470 (cap hold; $3,898,090* QO)
    Nando de Colo $1,901,900 (cap hold; $1,828,750 QO)
    Lucas (BeBe) Nogueira $1,419,200 (cap hold; will probably sign for 120% of this - $1,703,040)
    Bruno Caboclo $1,215,300 (cap hold; will probably sign for 120% of this - $1,458,360)

Above roster, with all free agents released (not incl draft picks), and Stone and Buycks waived: $51,718,597

With cap holds, well over cap (77M range).

Estimated:
    Cap: 63.2 M
    Tax: 77 M
    Apron/Hard Cap: 81 M

*Starter criteria adjusted QO

So that leaves 25.3M for Lowry, Vasquez, Patterson, de Colo and the MLE. If you want to use the full MLE, that's 5.3M right there, leaving 20M for Lowry and the other 3. Maybe you let de Colo go, since you've got Williams now. Still, that's best case 10M for Lowry and 5M for the other two. Odds are you end up not using the entire MLE.
    So if Lowry signs for $12M in his first year, they have $13.3M to use on GV, Patterson, NDC and the MLE.

Post Thanks / Like

Lol, I'm imaging Lowry and MU sitting in his office and just waiting for midnight.
    The name's Bond, James Bond.

Raptors Republic Starter Bonus Jonas's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote planetmars wrote: View Post
    DanH breaks it down here:
    http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/forum...l=1#post348672

So if Lowry signs for $12M in his first year, they have $13.3M to use on GV, Patterson, NDC and the MLE.
    Ahh thank you good sir. So we have 13.3M to fill out 3 roster spots seeing as we already have 12 guys on the team. PPAT or 6, GV for 3.5 and Vince for 3 could happen?

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote 007 wrote: View Post
    Lol, I'm imaging Lowry and MU sitting in his office and just waiting for midnight.
    Playing chess? Watching a movie? Hired strippers? Poker and cigars?

I wonder how they'd be killing the time.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    Playing chess? Watching a movie? Hired strippers? Poker and cigars?

I wonder how they'd be killing the time.
    Lowry thinking about all the lobs he's gonna throw to Bruno.
    The name's Bond, James Bond.

Post Thanks / Like

Page 12 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread Information