Page 44 of 49 FirstFirst ... 34 42 43 44 45 46 ... LastLast

Thread: Report: Lowry re-signs @ 4yr/$48M w/ETO after 3rd year

Raptors Republic Starter Demographic Shift's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Jamshid wrote: View Post
    I wish there was someway for MU to move these contracts ( Hayes, Novak and Fileds).
    They move next year. Either we take the straight cap savings or flip them for more assets.
    Think we are going to see some kind of move for a veteran type SF (Wince ?) and both Bebe and Daniels don't make the starting roster. Bebe is a Euro stash and Daniels is same.

That frees up about 2.5 to 3M. I am never sure how the TPE's work but we should get the MLE for non taxpayers either at 5.1M or 3.1M

Next years starting salary after those guys and DeColo fall off is about 52.1 M including the rookie contract. That gives us 12-13M for a FA add and room to use our bird rights to extend JV and TROSS and still stay under the luxury tax line.

2015-2016

DeMar Derozan1 $9,500,000
    John Salmons $0
    Amir Johnson $6,000,000 - Renegotiate Amirs Deal
    Landry Fields $0
    Kyle Lowry $12,000,000
    Chuck Hayes $0
    Steve Novak $3,445,947
    Jonas Valanciunas $4,660,000
    Tyler Hansbrough $0
    Patrick Patterson $5,500,000
    Marcus Camby * $0
    Terrence Ross $3,560,000
    Greivis Vasquez $4,500,000
    Nando De Colo PG 3 $0
    Bruno $1,500,000
    NeW ADDS
    Lou Willams $0
    Deandre Daniles $0
    Bebe $1,500,000
    First Rounder $1,200,000
    DELETES
    Julyan Stone $0
    Dwight Buycks $0

Total salaries: $52,165,947
    Last edited by Demographic Shift; Thu Jul 3rd, 2014 at 10:46 AM.

2. Like imanshumpert liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

This is what ESPN thinks:

Kyle Lowry a good value for Raps
    If the first 48 hours of free agency have demonstrated anything, it's that there's little connection between the markets for different players. Each free agent's contract is the product of a unique confluence of market forces, with value to the team a relatively small factor. So retire the concept that if one player is worth X, another must be worth Y.

The latest evidence against the theory of market value came with Kyle Lowry reportedly agreeing Wednesday night to stay with the Toronto Raptors on a four-year, $48 million contract. Amid the sea of financial excess that has been the first two days of free agency, the Lowry contract stands out as an island of sanity.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/story...ne-toronto-nba

4. Like Jclaw liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star Letter N's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote golden wrote: View Post
    This is what ESPN thinks:

Kyle Lowry a good value for Raps
    If the first 48 hours of free agency have demonstrated anything, it's that there's little connection between the markets for different players. Each free agent's contract is the product of a unique confluence of market forces, with value to the team a relatively small factor. So retire the concept that if one player is worth X, another must be worth Y.

The latest evidence against the theory of market value came with Kyle Lowry reportedly agreeing Wednesday night to stay with the Toronto Raptors on a four-year, $48 million contract. Amid the sea of financial excess that has been the first two days of free agency, the Lowry contract stands out as an island of sanity.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/story...ne-toronto-nba
    But ESPN hates us???!!!!!!

They're probably just saying this to say something even meaner later!! Those jerks!

Post Thanks / Like

i think between De Colo and Williams you can get a good 20 mins per game out of them, tho i'm sure both will play beside Lowry too

honestly wouldn't shock me if Buycks was back. dude would be CHEAP and play spot minutes.

at SF i could see a guy like Chandler being brought over, would be a decent short term option until Bruno's ready to start wrecking havoc. aminu would be a good option too, though he contributes nothing on the offensive end.

if PP gets brought back i wouldn't worry about backup C. JV/Amir/PP is a solid rotation and you could sprinkle some Bebe in there. There's really only so many minutes to go around.
    @jerboat

Post Thanks / Like

Quote stooley wrote: View Post
    Lowry's on a better contract than Gortat.

LOL
    You can't really compare contracts of PG to C.

Big men always get paid a premium due to how rare good ones are, it's just how the league works.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Top 5 point guard (only Curry, Westbrook, CP3 and Rose when healthy are clearly better imo)
    Top 5 shooting guard

Both locked up for well below the max, in fact their combined salary is about the max for a 10 year vet. I think we're doing alright so far.

Hopefully Jonas can become a top 5 center as well. I'd like to get him extended this season tbh for as cheap as possible instead of letting him hit FA.

Raptors Republic Veteran rocwell's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote imanshumpert wrote: View Post
    Top 5 point guard (only Curry, Westbrook, CP3 and Rose when healthy are clearly better imo)
    Top 5 shooting guard

Both locked up for well below the max, in fact their combined salary is about the max for a 10 year vet. I think we're doing alright so far.

Hopefully Jonas can become a top 5 center as well. I'd like to get him extended this season tbh for as cheap as possible instead of letting him hit FA.
    Me too.. I'm just really worried about Jonas' silly defensive flaws.. if he doesn't show any improvement on his defense, then maybe it's time for Masai to look for trade opportunities? Not saying that we should trade Jonas because of his flaws, but if we can get someone special then why not?

I hope Jonas is working hard. Next season will be very important for his future.

Raptors Republic Starter mjt20mik's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Top 5 shooting guard

I think you are reaching a bit too much on that. I would say Lowry showed he could be a top 10, and I think Demar is just outside that range.

Raptors Republic Starter Uncle_Si's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

What are the chances we land PJ Tucker? I think he is exactly the type of SF that can push this team to something special. Big and strong, good defender, shoots the 3, tough as nails.

Lowry
    Dd
    PJ
    Amir/PPat
    JV

Ross into 6th man role

Scary good

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote mjt20mik wrote: View Post
    I think you are reaching a bit too much on that. I would say Lowry showed he could be a top 10, and I think Demar is just outside that range.
    Not reaching at all. Statistically only those 3 were more productive than Kyle (leaving out Rose because he hasn't played for 2 years).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote rocwell wrote: View Post
    Me too.. I'm just really worried about Jonas' silly defensive flaws.. if he doesn't show any improvement on his defense, then maybe it's time for Masai to look for trade opportunities? Not saying that we should trade Jonas because of his flaws, but if we can get someone special then why not?

I hope Jonas is working hard. Next season will be very important for his future.
    Disagree, you don't trade promising big men before they've even hit 25. Big men take time to develop.

Raptors Republic Starter OptimalOptimist's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    anyone else think GV doesn't come back and they roll with De Colo/Williams?
    Nope.
    Myself (March 2014):
    The raptors are a tremendous young team and will win a championship in the following five years.

Post Thanks / Like

Not reaching at all. Statistically only those 3 were more productive than Kyle (leaving out Rose because he hasn't played for 2 years).
    Using one year as a sample size isn't that great. I've read and seen the advance stats with Lowry and its just absurd how well he did last year. I hope he continues, but at this point I just don't think he's top 5 material.

But again, the sky is the limit for these guys.

Post Thanks / Like

Just woke up and opened a newspaper, this is the first thing I read.

Great start to the morning
    The name's Bond, James Bond.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote mjt20mik wrote: View Post
    Using one year as a sample size isn't that great. I've read and seen the advance stats with Lowry and its just absurd how well he did last year. I hope he continues, but at this point I just don't think he's top 5 material.

But again, the sky is the limit for these guys.
    Lowry's numbers last year are not that far off from his numbers the previous 3 seasons. The difference is he was given the keys to the team and was actually on a good team.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote GLF wrote: View Post
    WOOOOOO!!!!!! Thank God I was wrong!!! I am so happy right now! Now time to get PPatt and Vasquez locked up! In Masai I trust. Get it done!
    Amen. We need GV. KL will likely miss some games just due to his style of play.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote psrs1 wrote: View Post
    Amen. We need GV. KL will likely miss some games just due to his style of play.
    Lou Williams will help.
    The name's Bond, James Bond.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
    For those who harbour thoughts we may have overpayed. Kyle looks good in this range. Its the 2014-15 Salary Scale for PG's. Framed against some other deals he looks like a bargooon ! Irving got 18M$ and on any given night Kyle has been his equal or better. Then there is that really bad deal for Deron Williams and equally as bad for Steph Curry. Williams is not value for that money and Curry under bid himself.

Dwyane Wade $20,164,000
    Chris Paul $20,068,563
    Deron Williams $19,754,465
    Derrick Rose $18,862,876
    Kyrie Irving $18,000,000 <=== NEW DEAL
    Russell Westbrook $15,719,063
    John Wall $13,701,250
    Rajon Rondo $12,909,091
    KYLE LOWRY $12,000,000 <=== NEW DEAL
    Ty Lawson $11,595,506
    Tyreke Evans $11,265,416
    Stephen Curry $10,629,213
    Jrue Holiday $9,904,495
    Steve Nash $9,701,000
    Mike Conley Jr $8,694,216
    Jeremy Lin $8,374,646
    Monta Ellis $8,360,000
    George Hill $8,000,000
    Jeff Teague $8,000,000
    Brandon Jennings $8,000,000
    Goran Dragic $7,500,000
    Jose Calderon $7,097,191

From DraftExpress.com http://www.draftexpress.com#ixzz36PWn4MyM
    http://www.draftexpress.com
    Put in context KL is not overpaid. We all hope he stays in shape and continues to work hard--I think he will.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
    For those who harbour thoughts we may have overpayed. Kyle looks good in this range. Its the 2014-15 Salary Scale for PG's. Framed against some other deals he looks like a bargooon ! Irving got 18M$ and on any given night Kyle has been his equal or better. Then there is that really bad deal for Deron Williams and equally as bad for Steph Curry. Williams is not value for that money and Curry under bid himself.

Dwyane Wade $20,164,000
    Chris Paul $20,068,563
    Deron Williams $19,754,465
    Derrick Rose $18,862,876
    Kyrie Irving $18,000,000 <=== NEW DEAL
    Russell Westbrook $15,719,063
    John Wall $13,701,250
    Rajon Rondo $12,909,091
    KYLE LOWRY $12,000,000<=== NEW DEAL
    Ty Lawson $11,595,506
    Tyreke Evans $11,265,416
    Stephen Curry $10,629,213
    Jrue Holiday $9,904,495
    Steve Nash $9,701,000
    Mike Conley Jr $8,694,216
    Jeremy Lin $8,374,646
    Monta Ellis $8,360,000
    George Hill $8,000,000
    Jeff Teague $8,000,000
    Brandon Jennings $8,000,000
    Goran Dragic $7,500,000
    Jose Calderon $7,097,191

From DraftExpress.com http://www.draftexpress.com#ixzz36PWn4MyM
    http://www.draftexpress.com
    Bolded the PGs that are better than Lowry. Only Curry makes less and that's cause Warriors took advantage of his injury (plus he wasn't an established star when he got his $$$)

Post Thanks / Like

Lowry's numbers last year are not that far off from his numbers the previous 3 seasons. The difference is he was given the keys to the team and was actually on a good team.
    Well in some categories. He had a career season in terms of just his basic stats. The advanced stat that I was mainly focused on was his win share (11.7 in 2013 compared to 5.6 in 2012).

Page 44 of 49 FirstFirst ... 34 42 43 44 45 46 ... LastLast

Thread Information