Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Jclaw wrote: View Post
    You mean a puppy?
    Like a baby dog?

4. Like Scraptor, Bonus Jonas liked this post
    Raptors Republic Starter kopite91's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

One's things for sure... we'll have a better footy team than the Canadian National team with those two Brazilians on board.

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote kopite91 wrote: View Post
    One's things for sure... we'll have a better footy team than the Canadian National team with those two Brazilians on board.
    Caboclo said he used to play but that he wasn't any good...Of course that could be by Brazilian standards, in which case he could probably take our team on his own.

Raptors Republic Starter Raptor Jesus's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Bruno for ROT and the highest regarded player of foot oriented sport with zero to negative infinite relevance marked by a quadrennially preformed rain-dance rituals dogged by inherent corruption.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Something tells me Greivez (m/s) would school Bruno in footy.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooool

10. Like YoungGunRaptor, enlightenment liked this post
    Raptors Republic Rookie GoldenBaller's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Made a Kyle Lowry wallpaper with the photo he posted on Instagram, ahaha. Enjoy :P

http://bjens.deviantart.com/art/Lowr...aper-466207458

12. Like blackjitsu, mcHAPPY liked this post
    Raptors Republic Starter OptimalOptimist's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Damn, just read this and we might have one heck of a bargain with that deal.

He scored more than Deron Williams. He shot as accurately as Damian Lillard. He averaged more assists and fewer turnovers than Kyrie Irving. His 3.02 assist-to-turnover ratio was even better than the likes of noted assist gurus Rajon Rondo (2.97), Steve Nash (2.77), and Ty Lawson (2.72). He grabbed more boards than every NBA point guard not named Michael Carter-Williams. He stole the ball just as many times per game as Mike Conley, the previous yearís leader in total steals and All-Defensive honoree (second team).

On the more advanced metric side, he was 8th in the entire league in offensive win shares (8.4), 8th in total win shares (11.7), and 10th in win shares per 48 minutes (.197). He was 10th on our NBA Player Rankings with a nERD score of 10.7.

What kind of company does one keep up in that range of win share and nERD supremacy? Well, LeBron James, Kevin Durant, Kevin Love, Chris Paul, James Harden, and Stephen Curry are the only players in the whole NBA that ranked ahead of Lowry in each of those all-encompassing categories. Thatís it. Five guys. Not a single one of which that finished lower than 2nd Team All-NBA.
    https://www.numberfire.com/nba/news/...oronto-raptors
    Myself (March 2014):
    The raptors are a tremendous young team and will win a championship in the following five years.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote OptimalOptimist wrote: View Post

Oh you can bet I'll be liking this as soon as I get to a computer or iPad.

This is why if Lowry left you hit the restart button.

I hope the fear of the contract year is misplaced.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
    Oh you can bet I'll be liking this as soon as I get to a computer or iPad.

This is why if Lowry left you hit the restart button.

I hope the fear of the contract year is misplaced.
    My only concern with Kyle is injuries, but with good conditioning he should be fine.

He is really crucial to the Raptors.
    Myself (March 2014):
    The raptors are a tremendous young team and will win a championship in the following five years.

Raptors Republic All-Star Mediumcore's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

A nice article on RealGM about the Lowry signing and the rise of the Raptors. Pretty uplifting stuff if you're a Raptor fan.

http://basketball.realgm.com/article...ce-For-Toronto

17. Like ceez liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Mediumcore wrote: View Post
    A nice article on RealGM about the Lowry signing and the rise of the Raptors. Pretty uplifting stuff if you're a Raptor fan.

http://basketball.realgm.com/article...ce-For-Toronto
    This reminds me so much of my old thread.

As I stated before this franchise will grow through internal development and continuity. Any changes happening to the core of players will likely affect everyone else and surely not for the best.
    Myself (March 2014):

Raptors Republic All-Star JimiCliff's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote OptimalOptimist wrote: View Post

Forgot to mention his charges taken!

If he'd been putting up those numbers for three straight seasons, possibly even two, he's a max player.

Raptors Republic Veteran rocwell's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Press conf. live with Masai and Kyle at 10 am: http://www.nba.com/raptors/raptorslive

Raptors Republic Starter JordanMariam14's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Remember when we traded Lowry for the Knicks 2018 first rounder, MWP, and Shumpert? Thank God James Dolan vetoed that. Phew

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Raptors Republic All-Star stooley's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote JordanMariam14 wrote: View Post
    Remember when we traded Lowry for the Knicks 2018 first rounder, MWP, and Shumpert? Thank God James Dolan vetoed that. Phew

well to be fair, we'd have randle or someone like that on our team, but whatever, i prefer where we're at now. way more fun

Raptors Republic Starter JordanMariam14's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote stooley wrote: View Post
    well to be fair, we'd have randle or someone like that on our team, but whatever, i prefer where we're at now. way more fun
    I don't know what we're going to do to win a championship though, the only thing that I could think of that would elevate us to the Finals is getting Durant. Other than that, internal growth and continuity like the Spurs seems good, but we don't have players like they do, or coaches, so I'm kind of confused. But hey, if Bruno becomes a phenomenon that would be great

Raptors Republic All-Star stooley's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote JordanMariam14 wrote: View Post
    I don't know what we're going to do to win a championship though, the only thing that I could think of that would elevate us to the Finals is getting Durant. Other than that, internal growth and continuity like the Spurs seems good, but we don't have players like they do, or coaches, so I'm kind of confused. But hey, if Bruno becomes a phenomenon that would be great

I honestly think being pretty good for a long time and hoping you get lucky is as good a path as any to a championship.

People say "oh but the hawks", well the hawks' problem was they didn't maintain flexibility. Their problem was they actually tried to go for a superstar who didn't end up being a superstar. Their new, super smart GM traded away JJ and everyone thought they were taking a different path, but they're still just pretty good, hoping for a breakthrough somehow, and I like it.

Raptors Republic All-Star Primer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote stooley wrote: View Post
    I honestly think being pretty good for a long time and hoping you get lucky is as good a path as any to a championship.

People say "oh but the hawks", well the hawks' problem was they didn't maintain flexibility. Their problem was they actually tried to go for a superstar who didn't end up being a superstar. Their new, super smart GM traded away JJ and everyone thought they were taking a different path, but they're still just pretty good, hoping for a breakthrough somehow, and I like it.
    Yeah, everyone who compares us to the Hawks ignores that they spent over $20M per year on Joe Johnson, a guy who deserves half that. It basically hamstrung them for the foreseeable future, hence why they couldn't get any better. Our biggest contract is $12M per year to Kyle Lowry, which is a good value contract. We're also loaded with young talent on good deals. The Hawks were trotting out Mike Bibby at PG and had zero bench.

Page 48 of 49 FirstFirst ... 38 46 47 48 49 LastLast

Thread Information