No announcement yet.

Report: Lowry re-signs @ 4yr/$48M w/ETO after 3rd year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone else think GV doesn't come back and they roll with De Colo/Williams?
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Lowry's on a better contract than Gortat.

LOL
      "Bruno?
      Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
      He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
        Still wrong my friend trust me, go back and re-read...
        LOOOOLL, no my friend, you are the one who is 100% wrong now. Take your own advice and go back and read

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
          anyone else think GV doesn't come back and they roll with De Colo/Williams?
          Do we really need him now or could we use Lou Williams as a back up !!! Lets not forget, we still have holes in SF and Back up Centre position.

Comment

• stooley wrote: View Post
            Lowry's on a better contract than Gortat.

LOL
            It's kind of incredible
            "Stop eating your sushi."
            "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
            "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
            - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• Jamshid wrote: View Post
              I wish there was someway for MU to move these contracts ( Hayes, Novak and Fileds).
              They move next year. Either we take the straight cap savings or flip them for more assets.
              Think we are going to see some kind of move for a veteran type SF (Wince ?) and both Bebe and Daniels don't make the starting roster. Bebe is a Euro stash and Daniels is same.

That frees up about 2.5 to 3M. I am never sure how the TPE's work but we should get the MLE for non taxpayers either at 5.1M or 3.1M

Next years starting salary after those guys and DeColo fall off is about 52.1 M including the rookie contract. That gives us 12-13M for a FA add and room to use our bird rights to extend JV and TROSS and still stay under the luxury tax line.

2015-2016

DeMar Derozan1 $9,500,000
              John Salmons $0
              Amir Johnson $6,000,000 - Renegotiate Amirs Deal
              Landry Fields $0
              Kyle Lowry $12,000,000
              Chuck Hayes $0
              Steve Novak $3,445,947
              Jonas Valanciunas $4,660,000
              Tyler Hansbrough $0
              Patrick Patterson $5,500,000
              Marcus Camby * $0
              Terrence Ross $3,560,000
              Greivis Vasquez $4,500,000
              Nando De Colo PG 3 $0
              Bruno $1,500,000
              NeW ADDS
              Lou Willams $0
              Deandre Daniles $0
              Bebe $1,500,000
              First Rounder $1,200,000
              DELETES
              Julyan Stone $0
              Dwight Buycks $0

Total salaries: $52,165,947
              Last edited by Demographic Shift; Thu Jul 3, 2014, 10:46 AM.
              There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
              - TGO

Comment

• This is what ESPN thinks:

Kyle Lowry a good value for Raps
                If the first 48 hours of free agency have demonstrated anything, it's that there's little connection between the markets for different players. Each free agent's contract is the product of a unique confluence of market forces, with value to the team a relatively small factor. So retire the concept that if one player is worth X, another must be worth Y.

The latest evidence against the theory of market value came with Kyle Lowry reportedly agreeing Wednesday night to stay with the Toronto Raptors on a four-year, $48 million contract. Amid the sea of financial excess that has been the first two days of free agency, the Lowry contract stands out as an island of sanity.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/story...ne-toronto-nba

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                  This is what ESPN thinks:

Kyle Lowry a good value for Raps
                  If the first 48 hours of free agency have demonstrated anything, it's that there's little connection between the markets for different players. Each free agent's contract is the product of a unique confluence of market forces, with value to the team a relatively small factor. So retire the concept that if one player is worth X, another must be worth Y.

The latest evidence against the theory of market value came with Kyle Lowry reportedly agreeing Wednesday night to stay with the Toronto Raptors on a four-year, $48 million contract. Amid the sea of financial excess that has been the first two days of free agency, the Lowry contract stands out as an island of sanity.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/story...ne-toronto-nba
                  But ESPN hates us???!!!!!!

They're probably just saying this to say something even meaner later!! Those jerks!

Comment

• i think between De Colo and Williams you can get a good 20 mins per game out of them, tho i'm sure both will play beside Lowry too

honestly wouldn't shock me if Buycks was back. dude would be CHEAP and play spot minutes.

at SF i could see a guy like Chandler being brought over, would be a decent short term option until Bruno's ready to start wrecking havoc. aminu would be a good option too, though he contributes nothing on the offensive end.

if PP gets brought back i wouldn't worry about backup C. JV/Amir/PP is a solid rotation and you could sprinkle some Bebe in there. There's really only so many minutes to go around.
                    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• stooley wrote: View Post
                      Lowry's on a better contract than Gortat.

LOL
                      You can't really compare contracts of PG to C.

Big men always get paid a premium due to how rare good ones are, it's just how the league works.

Comment

• Top 5 point guard (only Curry, Westbrook, CP3 and Rose when healthy are clearly better imo)
                        Top 5 shooting guard

Both locked up for well below the max, in fact their combined salary is about the max for a 10 year vet. I think we're doing alright so far.

Hopefully Jonas can become a top 5 center as well. I'd like to get him extended this season tbh for as cheap as possible instead of letting him hit FA.

Comment

• imanshumpert wrote: View Post
                          Top 5 point guard (only Curry, Westbrook, CP3 and Rose when healthy are clearly better imo)
                          Top 5 shooting guard

Both locked up for well below the max, in fact their combined salary is about the max for a 10 year vet. I think we're doing alright so far.

Hopefully Jonas can become a top 5 center as well. I'd like to get him extended this season tbh for as cheap as possible instead of letting him hit FA.
                          Me too.. I'm just really worried about Jonas' silly defensive flaws.. if he doesn't show any improvement on his defense, then maybe it's time for Masai to look for trade opportunities? Not saying that we should trade Jonas because of his flaws, but if we can get someone special then why not?

I hope Jonas is working hard. Next season will be very important for his future.

Comment

• imanshumpert wrote: View Post
                            Top 5 point guard (only Curry, Westbrook, CP3 and Rose when healthy are clearly better imo)
                            Top 5 shooting guard

I think you are reaching a bit too much on that. I would say Lowry showed he could be a top 10, and I think Demar is just outside that range.

Comment

• What are the chances we land PJ Tucker? I think he is exactly the type of SF that can push this team to something special. Big and strong, good defender, shoots the 3, tough as nails.

Lowry
                              Dd
                              PJ
                              Amir/PPat
                              JV

Ross into 6th man role

Scary good
                              Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                              Because its 2015

Comment

• mjt20mik wrote: View Post
                                I think you are reaching a bit too much on that. I would say Lowry showed he could be a top 10, and I think Demar is just outside that range.
                                Not reaching at all. Statistically only those 3 were more productive than Kyle (leaving out Rose because he hasn't played for 2 years).

Comment

Working...
                                X