No announcement yet.

Report: Lowry re-signs @ 4yr/$48M w/ETO after 3rd year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• however we can make it work I feel like we need to make VC and Emeka a thing here on 2 year deals. Would allow for a pretty seemless transition for Bebe and Bruno
    For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• I think you guys are severely underrating Bebe and where he's at now. If there is a bruising big who is backing down JV with ease, you put the tree trunk known as Chuck Hayes on him. If we need shot blocking, then Bebe is our man. Can't wait until summer league when he's averaging 6 blocks per game and everyone sees what he can do.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
        I think you guys are severely underrating Bebe and where he's at now. If there is a bruising big who is backing down JV with ease, you put the tree trunk known as Chuck Hayes on him. If we need shot blocking, then Bebe is our man. Can't wait until summer league when he's averaging 6 blocks per game and everyone sees what he can do.
        Im already prepping for the block party!
        The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• Can his Jersey say Bebe? like Nene?

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
            I think you guys are severely underrating Bebe and where he's at now. If there is a bruising big who is backing down JV with ease, you put the tree trunk known as Chuck Hayes on him. If we need shot blocking, then Bebe is our man. Can't wait until summer league when he's averaging 6 blocks per game and everyone sees what he can do.
            Have not seen this guy play a minute. Maybe he has what it takes to back up JV and can learn positioning from the Cat D9 known as Chuck Hayes. If he can then we can save all our remaining dough for a vet SF.

Might be in the Champagne Tier (at least for the money we have)
            Thabo Sefalosha ? VInce ? PJ TUcker ? Evan Turner ?
            Beer Tier
            Aminu Al-Farouqh ? Rashard Lewis ?
            There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
            - TGO

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
              Can his Jersey say Bebe? like Nene?
              I hope Bruno's says Bruno

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                Have not seen this guy play a minute. Maybe he has what it takes to back up JV and can learn positioning from the Cat D9 known as Chuck Hayes. If he can then we can save all our remaining dough for a vet SF.

Might be in the Champagne Tier (at least for the money we have)
                Thabo Sefalosha ? VInce ? PJ TUcker ? Evan Turner ?
                Beer Tier
                Aminu Al-Farouqh ? Rashard Lewis ?
                Agree here. We need to use that extra money for a 2 year deal on a vet SF to back up Ross. Sefalosha, Carter, Aminu all sound like good targets.

Comment

• i really hope MU doesn't sign a guy like Rashard Lewis because Casey likes him

because Rashard Lewis absolutely sucks and the last thing we need is Casey's delusional ass playing him 25 mins a game
                  @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                    i really hope mu doesn't sign a guy like rashard lewis because casey likes him

because rashard lewis absolutely sucks and the last thing we need is casey's delusional ass playing him 25 mins a game
                    right!
                    I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

i really hope MU doesn't sign a guy like Rashard Lewis because Casey likes him

because Rashard Lewis absolutely sucks and the last thing we need is Casey's delusional ass playing him 25 mins a game
                      I hope so too. We need all the extra minutes going to develop guys.

Comment

• Shantz wrote: View Post
                        Some money quotes from Tom Ziller's article on Lowry's extension:

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2014/7/3...raptors-guards
                        Nice read. MU is setting this team down a similar course to the Spurs:

1. Responsible spending.
                        2. Commitment to scouting and the draft.

The Lowry signing at this price point is a strong statement about how players (will) view the Raptors locker room. The locker room is an extension of the choices made by MU.

Lowry is signing on at potentially below market price in the prime if his career. He didn't want to wait to see what panned out in Miami or LA and the star power in Houston didn't sway him either. The fact that the Raptors got this done fast and at that price is awesome. They didn't pay a premium to get it done to protect against the competition stealing him away. Colangelo would pay the premium and every agent in the league knows how free he is with the money. MU is known as shrewd and no one wants to call his bluff because really he ain't bluffing.

Comment

• Hey I just noticed Doug Smith has Lowry at 4 years/$44 mil.

http://www.thestar.com/sports/basket...yle_lowry.html

Is he wrong?
                          "Stop eating your sushi."
                          "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                          "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                          - Jack Armstrong

Comment

i really hope MU doesn't sign a guy like Rashard Lewis because Casey likes him

MU cannot give him this option. He should know DC loves veterans.

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                              Hey I just noticed Doug Smith has Lowry at 4 years/$44 mil.

http://www.thestar.com/sports/basket...yle_lowry.html

Is he wrong?
                              Doug Smith should be ignored.

Comment

• psrs1 wrote: View Post
                                MU cannot give him this option. He should know DC loves veterans.
                                If a guy like Lewis gets signed I will lose my mind!!!

No more washed up vets that Casey can overplay to the detriment of the team!
                                "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Working...
                                X