Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TrossTheBOSS wrote: View Post
    Lin sucks doe but fields will be happy if you know what I mean wink wink
    I got you, cause they were both on the Knicks team at the same time and are almost the same age

Comment

• Jamshid wrote: View Post
      And the fans here will jump up and down, defending this trade because it will give us CAP flexibility next year
      If Lowry wants to leave, and you are getting back an expiring contract that can fill his position and a prospect who's actually pretty good.. then that's a great deal. The preferred deal would be to sign Lowry. A terrible deal would be to lose him for nothing.

Comment

• It's all posturing. KL will sign with the Raps, and at less than $12M/yr. My guess is 5 years at $11M per.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
          If Lowry wants to leave, and you are getting back an expiring contract that can fill his position and a prospect who's actually pretty good.. then that's a great deal. The preferred deal would be to sign Lowry. A terrible deal would be to lose him for nothing.
          Yep. Actually, assuming we get Jones and Lin back, and decide to retain Patterson and GV (possibly to trade at a later date) for about 5M apiece, we'd have 26M in cap room. And still have all our pieces locked in (DD would effectively be an expiring contract though - he'll need to be traded or extended this year if Lowry gets away).
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• The question is are Rogers/Bell ok with having to pay Lin $15M. Sure it's not on the cap, but it is their money.

Comment

• The good thing about all this is if Lowry leaves we are not completely fucked.

- If he goes to Houston we're in a position of strength in a S&T and can get a lot back
              - We have zero bad contracts.
              - We have tons of tradeable assets
              - We have tons of financial flexibility with all our expirings
              - We have significant young talent
              - We have Masai

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                Yep. Actually, assuming we get Jones and Lin back, and decide to retain Patterson and GV (possibly to trade at a later date) for about 5M apiece, we'd have 26M in cap room. And still have all our pieces locked in (DD would effectively be an expiring contract though - he'll need to be traded or extended this year if Lowry gets away).
                This is crucial. If Masai wants to keep DD, we need to ink him to an extension and not let him test FA if at all possible. That could be the difference between 11-12M per year and a max deal.

Comment

• imanshumpert wrote: View Post
                  This is crucial. If Masai wants to keep DD, we need to ink him to an extension and not let him test FA if at all possible. That could be the difference between 11-12M per year and a max deal.
                  You thinking DD would accept 11-12M? I'm thinking he's in the range of 14-15 easy.
                  Myself (March 2014):
                  The raptors are a tremendous young team and will win a championship in the following five years.

Comment

• It's better to get something in return then not getting anything at all you guys agree?

Comment

• OptimalOptimist wrote: View Post
                      You thinking DD would accept 11-12M? I'm thinking he's in the range of 14-15 easy.
                      It's all about the hometown discount
                      The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• OptimalOptimist wrote: View Post
                        And if he feels that way, there's no way he extends.

Now, there's no way he picks up his option in 2016-17. So either a) we get him to extend now, declining the option, and replacing it with an extension in 16-17 and 17-18 for 10.2M and 11.0M (10.6M average). Or b) we let him play out the year (dangerous, as his trade value drops if he is an expiring contract) and negotiate an extension next summer (July) for 10.2M, 11.0M and 11.7M (11.0M average).

If he wants more than 11M per year (he almost certainly does) he'll need to opt out and hit the free agent market to get it. All the more reason why I am in favour of trading him now while he is on a controlled (2 years) low cost contract. Even if he improves, next year he will be a rental, and the year after he can walk for nothing.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Now, there's no way he picks up his option in 2016-17. So either a) we get him to extend now, declining the option, and replacing it with an extension in 16-17 and 17-18 for 10.2M and 11.0M (10.6M average). Or b) we let him play out the year (dangerous, as his trade value drops if he is an expiring contract) and negotiate an extension next summer (July) for 10.2M, 11.0M and 11.7M (11.0M average).

If he wants more than 11M per year (he almost certainly does) he'll need to opt out and hit the free agent market to get it. All the more reason why I am in favour of trading him now while he is on a controlled (2 years) low cost contract. Even if he improves, next year he will be a rental, and the year after he can walk for nothing.
                          Karma eh ? Not 14 months ago the Demar signing was being slagged mercilessly as the act of a fool. How things can change with time.
                          There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                          - TGO

Comment

• Not sure if I get your post.

We cannot extend him to something higher than the amount you listed unless he hits UFA status?
                            Myself (March 2014):
                            The raptors are a tremendous young team and will win a championship in the following five years.

Comment

Don't agree with the trading him part, but I follow the reasoning above on why we need to extend him before he hits FA.

My thinking is if you ink Lowry to 5yrs/55M, it might not be that hard to get DeRozan to extend for a similar contract (11-12M per year).

Comment

• There will be a lot of money being thrown around during Durant's free agency sweepstakes. DeMar will make a lot of money.. I suspect max to near max when he's a free agent.

Comment

Working...
                                X