Report: Lowry re-signs @ 4yr/$48M w/ETO after 3rd year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowry will be the boss if he signs this deal tomorrow

Happy Canada Day!( I'm abroad so it starts now. )

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
      Hope Sid is right and this isn't a premature tweet. If he is then the offseason will have been quite a success.
      We have returned the core or have the means to (Amir / PPat / GV)
      Added some bench scoring depth in Lou Williams.
      Added two draft picks with that oh so trendy phrase "upside" in Bruno and Bebe.
      Added a second rounder with a chance to stick in Daniels.
      Grange on the radio said: "I think that deal is as good as done. That's my prediction"

Now, Grange is probably not wrong, but it is by no means official. Definitely premature.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
        Grange on the radio said: "I think that deal is as good as done. That's my prediction"

Now, Grange is probably not wrong, but it is by no means official. Definitely premature.
        We will be waiting on Woj. Somehow I think this guy has someone on the inside of the NBA offices whose job it is to bring the faxes on trades / picks etc upstairs and he gives Woj the nod as he does this. Woj's track record is pretty good. The other guy that has a non Rick Bucher track record is Marc Stein and he too is also barking out a story with the same scent.

The local crew Grange + Koreen + Tim n' Sid are all saying same.

We can give Kyle a longer term and more dough. Kyles a lot things, but a charity he is not. Lets hope we hear all this spec announced as hard news tomorow at 12:05AM.s
        There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
        - TGO

Comment

• Apparently raptors are on the verge of signing lowry starting at 12m according to steins twitter

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
            Apparently raptors are on the verge of signing lowry starting at 12m according to steins twitter
            yea rumour is Toronto offered him exactly what he wanted starting at a $12mil salary & he is expected to sign come midnight

Comment

• probably gonna be 5 years 65 million...and let's start with the people complaining about him being overpayed
              For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• Thank you based Masai

Thank you

*weeps*
                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Comment

• 4 year 48million is what I'm seeing in twitter
                    "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• blackjitsu wrote: View Post
                      Vasquez just got off the FAN 590 and plans to stay in Toronto, if Toronto wants him. He's apparently involved with the Toronto Pan Am Games as some sort of ambassador. My guess is de Colo is the odd man out? They probably also ask Daniels to go to Europe for a year, and Stone (probably Buycks) HAS to be gone, right?
                      De Colo is cheap, Vasquez won't be. Lowry is going to be expensive $12M+, so I think that makes Vasquez the odd man out. Vasquez also wants a 3+ year deal, which Ujiri and every other GM have been reluctant to give to backups. I think getting Lou Williams made Vasquez expendable. All just speculation on my part, I won't be upset if we bring greasy back.

Comment

• Keep in mind folks, there will be no signing of this offer until the 10th. Lowry can verbally agree as of midnight, but nothing's official till it's official. Just ask Matt Barnes, John Salmons, Trevor Ariza, and MJ (re: Chandler-Calderon trade).

That said, if he's getting 12M per year, that's the upper end of what I expected for him. If he's getting a starting salary of 12M and max raises, he's getting closer to 13-14M per year. That's quite an offer.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Primer wrote:
                          De Colo is cheap, Vasquez won't be. Lowry is going to be expensive $12M+, so I think that makes Vasquez the odd man out. Vasquez also wants a 3+ year deal, which Ujiri and every other GM have been reluctant to give to backups. I think getting Lou Williams made Vasquez expendable. All just speculation on my part, I won't be upset if we bring greasy back.
                          I still think GV is brought back - he's a valuable asset and could be traded if need be, and I think he's more in the future plans for this team than de Colo or Williams are.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Thanks for the clarification. Trying to to count any eggs here. The "that's my prediction" part gives the preceding "as good as done" part a new context. There has been a major shift in the waters with the Miami situation and however comfortable the raps may have felt at the end of the season or even at the Masai fundraiser last week, until we hear it from Lowry...things can always change. Money or not, it would say a lot about Lowry if he signed here.

Comment

Not to be redundant but...wow! Look at how a sentence taken out of context explodes. Search "lowry" on twitter and you have so many sources quoting "as good as done". Some reputable places too. Crazy. It's like professional broken telephone.

Kudos to Marc Stein for keeping a level head

Last edited by Jclaw; Mon Jun 30, 2014, 08:45 PM.

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                                Not to be redundant but...wow! Look at how a sentence taken out of context explodes. Search "lowry" on twitter and you have so many sources quoting "as good as done". Some reputable places too. Crazy. It's like professional broken telephone.

Kudos to Marc Stein for keeping a level head

Stein is good.

but that Brian Windhorseshit... is full of just that.

If Lowry signs here tonight.. i swear ill take a pic of Brian Windhorst and stick my fingers down the throat so I can puke on his face

Comment

Working...
                                X