Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Told y'all.
    Myself (March 2014):
    The raptors are a tremendous young team and will win a championship in the following five years.

Comment

• 12M per hmm... It's a lot of money but tbh I can't think of a player better than Lowry who makes less than that (except Steph Curry who obviously signed a cheap deal because of the ankle problems).

Comment

• imanshumpert wrote: View Post
        12M per hmm... It's a lot of money but tbh I can't think of a player better than Lowry who makes less than that (except Steph Curry who obviously signed a cheap deal because of the ankle problems).
        Well, Steph accepted early extension from the Warriors... He's no doubt max player, if he hadn't signed that deal early.

Comment

• it's a lot, but at the same time it's top 10 PG money. which he is.
          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
            I still think GV is brought back - he's a valuable asset and could be traded if need be, and I think he's more in the future plans for this team than de Colo or Williams are.
            Brought back for how much and how many years? I like Vasquez but I think he'll be too price and/or too many years considering how much we're going to be paying Lowry.
            Vasquez is valuable on a cheap short contract, not a 3 year $20M deal.

Comment

• I didn't have any doubt..12 millions sounds about right,probably 4years..50 million on the T Dot
              Is it a lot,maybe,but if he plays the way he played this year,then his worth it. I rather c a guy giving his all and playing like champ then paying someone like Rudy Gay at 19 million and plays like a bum.
              If he does sign at that money that means Greivis Vásquez is pretty much a goner,maybe they can fit him under the cap,but then how u gonna sign Patrick Patterson,anyway this is first domino,keep it going.
              "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
              My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• DanH can we get a cap update on if Lowry signs a deal starting at 12 million per?

How much money would we have to spend on GV, PPAT and De Colo?

How much of the Mid Level exception would we be able to spend without going into the tax?

Comment

• (from bleacherreport) Updates from Monday, June 30

Brett Poirier of Sheridan Hoops reports that one team is finalizing a deal to sign Kyle Lowry:

Kyle Lowry is finalizing an agreement remain a member of the Toronto Raptors, reports @michaelgrange. - Brett Poirier NBA
                  @BrettNBA

(note bleacherreport is not the most trust worthy site when it comes to rumors considering they started the whole bosh coming back to Toronto and lowry S&T to Miami)

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                    If this is an aggressive bid, I could see 5 years, 60M. That would be 12M per year, and would be worrying in those 4th and 5th years, but if you don't want Lowry to at least see what MIA or HOU have to offer, you have to knock his socks off. And Ujiri has a history of paying whatever he needs to to keep his free agents - even if it means trading them a year or two later if their contract proves to be too cumbersome.
                    I think this is the key that should alleviate the fear. Lets face it: If Kyle has 2014-15 & on seasons like 2013-14 we are loughing.
                    As for GV getting 5-6 mil, I doubt it. Look at some very serviceable backup PGs:
                    -J Nelson just got bought out, Collison, Sessions, Williams... Most of these guys play for minimum or under 2 mil.
                    I am convinced 3 years for $10 mil -done deal.
                    WRT to 2pat: Probably 4 years for 20-24 mil should do it.
                    With above 3, we should be be very comfortable WRT salary cap. Possibly room for ??? (VC or Okafor?)

Comment

• Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
                      DanH can we get a cap update on if Lowry signs a deal starting at 12 million per?

How much money would we have to spend on GV, PPAT and De Colo?

How much of the Mid Level exception would we be able to spend without going into the tax?
                      DanH breaks it down here:
                      http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/forum...l=1#post348672

DanH wrote: View Post
                      Here's my breakdown of the Raps' salary situation for this year.

2014-15:

DeMar DeRozan $9,500,000
                      Amir Johnson $7,000,000 (5 M guar)
                      Landry Fields $6,250,000
                      Chuck Hayes $5,958,750
                      Lou Williams $5,450,000
                      Steve Novak $3,445,947
                      Jonas Valanciunas $3,678,360
                      Tyler Hansbrough $3,326,235 (fully guaranteed now)
                      Terrence Ross $2,793,960
                      Julyan Stone $948,163 (unguaranteed until 7th July)
                      Dwight Buycks $816,482 (unguaranteed until 22nd July)
                      Marcus Camby $646,609 (buyout)

Kyle Lowry $9,315,000 (cap hold)
                      Patrick Patterson $7,763,253 (cap hold; $3,557,174* QO)
                      Greivis Vasquez $5,375,470 (cap hold; $3,898,090* QO)
                      Nando de Colo $1,901,900 (cap hold; $1,828,750 QO)
                      Lucas (BeBe) Nogueira $1,419,200 (cap hold; will probably sign for 120% of this - $1,703,040)
                      Bruno Caboclo $1,215,300 (cap hold; will probably sign for 120% of this - $1,458,360)

Above roster, with all free agents released (not incl draft picks), and Stone and Buycks waived: $51,718,597

With cap holds, well over cap (77M range).

Estimated:
                      Cap: 63.2 M
                      Tax: 77 M
                      Apron/Hard Cap: 81 M

*Starter criteria adjusted QO

So that leaves 25.3M for Lowry, Vasquez, Patterson, de Colo and the MLE. If you want to use the full MLE, that's 5.3M right there, leaving 20M for Lowry and the other 3. Maybe you let de Colo go, since you've got Williams now. Still, that's best case 10M for Lowry and 5M for the other two. Odds are you end up not using the entire MLE.
                      So if Lowry signs for $12M in his first year, they have $13.3M to use on GV, Patterson, NDC and the MLE.

Comment

• Lol, I'm imaging Lowry and MU sitting in his office and just waiting for midnight.
                        The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                          DanH breaks it down here:
                          http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/forum...l=1#post348672

So if Lowry signs for $12M in his first year, they have $13.3M to use on GV, Patterson, NDC and the MLE.
                          Ahh thank you good sir. So we have 13.3M to fill out 3 roster spots seeing as we already have 12 guys on the team. PPAT or 6, GV for 3.5 and Vince for 3 could happen?

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post
                            Lol, I'm imaging Lowry and MU sitting in his office and just waiting for midnight.
                            Playing chess? Watching a movie? Hired strippers? Poker and cigars?

I wonder how they'd be killing the time.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                              Playing chess? Watching a movie? Hired strippers? Poker and cigars?

I wonder how they'd be killing the time.
                              Lowry thinking about all the lobs he's gonna throw to Bruno.
                              The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Working...
                                X