Report: Lowry re-signs @ 4yr/$48M w/ETO after 3rd year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Report: Lowry re-signs @ 4yr/$48M w/ETO after 3rd year

*Original Poster's note: I don't know what Lowry is going to do, just shooting the sh!t*

So we've been down this road before with most important player on the team rumoured to be leaving.

Someone important enough for it to be remembered once said, "Where there is smoke there is fire!"

So I ask you: If Lowry leaves, where do we go from here?

I think from here we can either shoot for the draft and remodel the team, OR, we can shoot to have capspace and good young talent to attract KD for 2016
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Full on tank.

I've said this many times: the raptors are JUST good enough as is to not consider a rebuild right now.

I think losing Lowry is a death blow to any finals aspirations.

You trade DD to mismanaged teams (so that they're still bad, Detroit? Milwaukee?) for 1st round picks next year. Then you trade Amir to someone who might not make the playoffs, or will just squeak in next year.

That way you have multiple picks in the next two drafts, and two years left on rookie contracts for JV and Ross.

You also consider trading JV and/or Ross for high picks this year to line up a better championship window.

Then you hope there's a decent draft class next year and in 2016.
      "Bruno?
      Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
      He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

Look, Lowry is not leaving, and if he does, not to Miami.
        Wade is not opting out to leave all that money on the table. He is not a max level player anymore, and that money plus in Miami is too much to pass up.

Bosh may or may not opt out.
        Ray Allen is probably gonna hang it up.
        Haslem is opting in.
        Lebron will opt out.

Assuming Lebron resigns at the max, and Wade is still in.
        Here's how it looks:

Lebron 20 mill
        Wade 20 mill
        Haslem 4 mill
        Cole 2 mill

That leaves roughly 20 mill for the rest of the roster?
        Lets say they sign Lowry to a 10 mill contract.
        That's 10 mill left for an entire bench, starting PF & center.
        Decent big men are expensive and hard to find, and getting a downgrade from Bosh will spell more problems.

Will Miami really damage their weak rebounding effort and frontcourt even more?

Comment

2kfeen wrote: View Post
          Look, Lowry is not leaving, and if he does, not to Miami.
          Wade is not opting out to leave all that money on the table. He is not a max level player anymore, and that money plus in Miami is too much to pass up.

Bosh may or may not opt out.
          Ray Allen is probably gonna hang it up.
          Haslem is opting in.
          Lebron will opt out.

Assuming Lebron resigns at the max, and Wade is still in.
          Here's how it looks:

Lebron 20 mill
          Wade 20 mill
          Haslem 4 mill
          Cole 2 mill

That leaves roughly 20 mill for the rest of the roster?
          Lets say they sign Lowry to a 10 mill contract.
          That's 10 mill left for an entire bench, starting PF & center.
          Decent big men are expensive and hard to find, and getting a downgrade from Bosh will spell more problems.

Will Miami really damage their weak rebounding effort and frontcourt even more?
          The thread is not about Miami.

Just if he leaves..... to go anywhere.

Comment

If he leaves ill cry a lot

Comment

If Lowry goes, I'm calling Phoenix immediately to see what is happening with Dragic and Bledsoe.

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                The thread is not about Miami.

Just if he leaves..... to go anywhere.
                in that case, trade amir johnson for a late 1st round pick
                let vasquez walk
                trade salmons, hansbrough for perkins + 1st + 2nd
                sign a lot of projects/young players that have been underwhelming
                trade for austin rivers
                get tyler ennis
                sign wesley johnson
                get a good high draft pick 2015 and let the youngings like JV, Ross & especially DD develop
                go for durant in 2016

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                  If Lowry goes, I'm calling Phoenix immediately to see what is happening with Dragic and Bledsoe.
                  That's what I would do too. I'd also check in with Isaiah Thomas from the Kings, and Lawson from the Nuggets.

And if this does happen, I make a serious run at Hayward too.

If all else fails, rebuild.

Comment

I have an unconventional idea that has been floating around in my noggin

resign Nando, Greivis and Patterson

waive Buycks, Stone, Hansbrough and Salmons

hopefully we can do a sign and trade if Lowry wants to walk. If not let him walk

trade DeRozan for a prospect and a pick
                    trade Amir for a pick
                    trade Novak for a second rounder to a team that needs shooting

sounds crazy but if we want Spurs like ball movement...

the following lineup will have the ball humming along

De Colo, Ross, Fields, Patterson, Valanciunas with Vasquez in the 6th man role.

shit actually keep Novak in this scenario
                    For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

If Lowry leaves, I think MU rides it out.

The team will probably end up in the lottery anyway or possibly 8th seed (GV is underrated). With an extra $9M in cap space (Lowry's cap hold) and possibly $10-$11M next season (his hypothetical starting salary).. MU will have a boat load of cap space in 2014 and even more in 2015 (when Fields/Hayes/Amir are free agents).

At that time I could see TL making the pitch to guys like Rondo, Gasol, Aldridge, Love and/or Milsap to come here. DD is an all-star and might have some league cache to help get another free agent here. Could easily make some lop sided trades as well to net more draft picks if they need to.. but a PG shouldn't be too hard to find. We have our center and that's arguably the hardest position to fill. With the dearth of SG's in the league that makes 2 difficult positions already filled. The easiest should be PF and PG and that will be a need. Get Rondo and Millsap in 2015 and you have a pretty solid starting 4 (or 5 if Ross stays as SF).

Lowry will be hard to replace but this is a PG driven league. Someone can get traded. Teague seems like a guy Atlanta might give up and he's pretty good. Lawson has a long term contract but if Denver keeps losing he might want to leave. MU might even draft a PG that could kick ass.

Comment

Well, the team should attempt to get Patterson, Vasquez and De colo on board. I would think this wouldn't be too expensive and that either player would be movable in the future. Vasquez and De Colo can handle the point. We probably wouldn't be as good as with Lowry of course, but still a playoff team in the East IMO.

Dragic and/or Bledsoe are nice targets. Bledsoe, I imagine will be too expensive for my tastes. Dragic I would go after for sure, but I would not move Demar in order to get him. If Dragic were on board, Vasquez would be expendable IMO. I like the contrast in styles that Vasquez/De Colo or Dragic/De Colo would bring to the table. Nonetheless, Vasquez is versatile and I could see a Dragic/Vasquez backcourt having offensive success. There would be options having all 3 on board, no different than with Lowry this past season. I have faith in De Colo, I think that guy needs a chance and have no issues with him at backup point, although I admit that could change quickly if my evaluation of him is incorrect.

Guys like JAckson and Lawson I;m not too sure about. They seem like they may be better suited to the faster paced West, and I wonder how they would hold up in Casey's defensive system.

At no point do I think the Raps should start trading assets just because Lowry decided to leave. That extra cap space could be used to sure up the bench or acquire another big man (upgrade the PF spot for example).

Anyone that thinks we should tank if Lowry leaves obviously does not believe in the rest of the team. If we are to tank, may as well do it proper. Trade Demar, Amir, Ross, and JV, and then start from scratch.

Obviously, that isn't gonna happen. Does anyone really think MU is gonna abandon this roster without Lowry? No, no he isn't. If tanking was an option in MU's mind, he would have prepared for that last offseason, not after the best season in franchise history. There isn't gonna be a "re-build". With or without Lowry, this team is building. MU will attempt to grow the team with smart moves. Furthermore, if MU had considered a rebuild/tank in the event that Lowry departed, I don't understand why he would commit to Casey. Wouldn't it make sense to see what Lowry would do before committing to a coach and philosophy for the foreseeable future.

Also, I think Lowry stays anyways.

Comment

thead wrote: View Post

sounds crazy but if we want Spurs like ball movement...

the following lineup will have the ball humming along

De Colo, Ross, Fields, Patterson, Valanciunas with Vasquez in the 6th man role.

shit actually keep Novak in this scenario
                          That lineup would have no choice but to move the ball as much as possible in order to succeed. They would have to surpass the Spurs in that regard, and not a guy that can generate his own shot. Maybe great for acquiring a decent draft pick.

Comment

Mindlessness wrote: View Post
                            That's what I would do too. I'd also check in with Isaiah Thomas from the Kings, and Lawson from the Nuggets.

And if this does happen, I make a serious run at Hayward too.

If all else fails, rebuild.
                            i dont want isaiah thomas. huge defensive liability and is just too short.

Comment

iblastoff wrote: View Post
                              i dont want isaiah thomas. huge defensive liability and is just too short.
                              Am I the only one who has flashbacks to Mike James with the Raps when watching Thomas play? Something about his game really does not impress me.

Comment

Working...
                              X