Report: Lowry re-signs @ 4yr/$48M w/ETO after 3rd year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• magoon wrote: View Post
    CBS reporting that the Raps' offer to Lowry was four years at $44m, and he wants five years at $55m.

If we can get Kyle for $11m per year, I would add the fifth year to seal the deal. $11m is cheaper than I was expecting.
    Even if the 5th year is only partially guaranteed, that might make both sides happy.

I wonder if MU successfully sold Lowry on the need to cap his salary at ~$11M, in order to bring back the depth (ie: Patterson & Vasquez) that helped contribute to the team's success last season?

Comment

CBS reporting that the Raps' offer to Lowry was four years at $44m, and he wants five years at $55m.

If we can get Kyle for $11m per year, I would add the fifth year to seal the deal. $11m is cheaper than I was expecting.
      I don't really like the idea of paying a 33 year old Lowry $11M, but tbh we might have to bite the bullet there (or maybe a team option?).

I'm praying for 4+1 at 11M per atm. I think Lowry will still be at prime production from age 28-32.

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
        Even if the 5th year is only partially guaranteed, that might make both sides happy.

I wonder if MU successfully sold Lowry on the need to cap his salary at ~$11M, in order to bring back the depth (ie: Patterson & Vasquez) that helped contribute to the team's success last season?
        Very possible. Allows us to avoid the luxury tax. Can probably bring back 2Pat and Vasquez and still go out and get Carter or Sefolosha with part of the MLE while staying under the tax line.

Comment

Stein said that Raps are prepared to offer $12M annually over the next five years

Comment

• The Melo lovers to the fore!! Speaking for myself, my post above dealt with his atitudinal qualities in a team sport not his very obvious skills to put the ball in the hole. Follow his demands to move from Denver to NY and allow the gutting of the Knicks. Someone was actually defending the results of his stay there due to a bad team? Nice. No diva type players for me I am afraid. I like the GM of the team I follow/support to run the asylum not a Melo. Wonder if Masai would take another stab at him if he could? I dont think so.

Re his sf or pf capabilities, I have heard/seen him mention his preference for the sf position. And I stand corrected he did play PF the season previous to Bargs being traded there. Wasnt the whole point to the Bargs acquisition to play AB as aPF and move Melo back to SF? That was the position he played at the the first 10 years. As well Amare's challenges with injuries factored in Melo playing PF.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
              Stein said that Raps are prepared to offer $12M annually over the next five years
              If thats the case then its now about the money and I dont think either side wants to quibble too much. Split the diff., tweak the payouts in termsof front/back load and call it a day!

Comment

• Melo was basically the best player on Team USA in the Olympics, where the coach's only incentive to play him was that he was better than the other superstar options available. But yeah, he totally sucks.....

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                  It makes total sense. This is the floor for Lowry and he probably even wants more. I think Raps will end up paying the 12 million for 5 years at the end with some of the last year being team option

Comment

Relevant: the Sixers are in trade talks with Houston for Jeremy Lin.

This reinforces my belief that Houston thought they would simply S&T Lin to us for Lowry; most likely that was what they offered back in February (Lin and some combination of D-Mo/picks). Now they're going to the NBA's official dumping ground for overlarge salaries.
                    Honestly, if I'm a free agent looking at Houston, I'm not eager to play for a GM who treats real life like it's NBA 2K.

I know it is a business, but the way they've treated Lin since he got there is fucking crap regardless.

Comment

• Ya they find a loophole to sign Lin and Asik and then spend the next 2 years doing everything possible to get rid of both of them.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                        Honestly, if I'm a free agent looking at Houston, I'm not eager to play for a GM who treats real life like it's NBA 2K.

I know it is a business, but the way they've treated Lin since he got there is fucking crap regardless.
                        You mean paying him ton of money !! Lin has no one to blame but himself for not being able to produce and improve.

Comment

• Apparently Lin told a fan he met that he may get traded to gsw or toronto. If Lowry goes to Houston we probably get Lin and Terrence jones back in a sign and trade.

Comment

• TrossTheBOSS wrote: View Post
                            Apparently Lin told a fan he met that he may get traded to gsw or toronto. If Lowry goes to Houston we probably get Lin and Terrence jones back in a sign and trade.
                            And the fans here will jump up and down, defending this trade because it will give us CAP flexibility next year

Comment

• TrossTheBOSS wrote: View Post
                              Apparently Lin told a fan he met that he may get traded to gsw or toronto. If Lowry goes to Houston we probably get Lin and Terrence jones back in a sign and trade.
                              If Patterson was signed and traded for ennis, I'd be very happy with that outcome assuming Lowry wants to leave.

Comment

• Jamshid wrote: View Post
                                And the fans here will jump up and down, defending this trade because it will give us CAP flexibility next year
                                Lin sucks doe but fields will be happy if you know what I mean wink wink

Comment

Working...
                                X