Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OptimalOptimist wrote: View Post
    I'm so not sleeping until at least 1am.

Let's just rename Canaday day to Lowry day.
    Thank god for tomorrow being a national holiday.. amirite!!

Comment

• I just hope this 'aggressive bid' will be financially healthy for us. No more overpaid players please!

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
        I just hope this 'aggressive bid' will be financially healthy for us. No more overpaid players please!
        I'm still hoping a deal that at most averages out to $11M a year. That would already worry me but I could live with it.

Comment

• If this is an aggressive bid, I could see 5 years, 60M. That would be 12M per year, and would be worrying in those 4th and 5th years, but if you don't want Lowry to at least see what MIA or HOU have to offer, you have to knock his socks off. And Ujiri has a history of paying whatever he needs to to keep his free agents - even if it means trading them a year or two later if their contract proves to be too cumbersome.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
            If this is an aggressive bid, I could see 5 years, 60M. That would be 12M per year, and would be worrying in those 4th and 5th years, but if you don't want Lowry to at least see what MIA or HOU have to offer, you have to knock his socks off. And Ujiri has a history of paying whatever he needs to to keep his free agents - even if it means trading them a year or two later if their contract proves to be too cumbersome.
            5 for 55, wouldnt that work?
            The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• Does anyone know how much cap we have with everything in consideration? Would that just be the MLE?

I'd expect Masai to go hard after another free agent, I don't expect it to be a point guard if Vasquez and De Colo are fully re-signed. If Lowry falls - which to be honest I highly doubt for some reason - Parsons, Deng, etc. are on the list, with a deal likely on the brinks for a point guard.
              Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• ReubenJRD wrote: View Post
                Does anyone know how much cap we have with everything in consideration? Would that just be the MLE?

I'd expect Masai to go hard after another free agent, I don't expect it to be a point guard if Vasquez and De Colo are fully re-signed. If Lowry falls - which to be honest I highly doubt for some reason - Parsons, Deng, etc. are on the list, with a deal likely on the brinks for a point guard.
                If Vasquez, Patterson, de Colo, and Lowry are re-signed, we are pretty close to the tax. De Colo and/or Daniels probably takes us right up to it. I doubt we see a MLE signing unless one of GV, Lowry or Patterson get too big a contract for the Raps to match.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• enlightenment wrote: View Post
                  5 for 55, wouldnt that work?
                  Maybe. But that's a starting salary of less than 10M - a salary that he might be able to garner from MIA or HOU or the Lakers, even if they go after a big name first. Certainly at least worth him meeting with them. And this offer is intended to close the deal so he doesn't even bother to meet with them.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• This may have been answered a few times before.
                    We have bird rights on Kyle. Do we have them on Ppat + GV ? They have played 3 years in the league but with 3 different teams.
                    Last edited by Demographic Shift; Mon Jun 30, 2014, 03:38 PM.
                    There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                    - TGO

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                      This may have been answered a few times before.
                      We have bird rights on Kyle. Do we have them on Ppat + GV ?
                      Yes

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
                        Yes
                        Thanks.
                        This next 48 hours will be as good as the draft as the chess pieces move around the board.

The knicks beat writers have Kyle heading off to the Heat. Which team is the favourite to land Carmello.
                        Sucks to be the Knicks when all you have to write about is what is happening to other teams
                        And we have thier draft pick in 2016. LOL.
                        There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                        - TGO

Comment

Thanks.
                          This next 48 hours will be as good as the draft as the chess pieces move around the board.

The knicks beat writers have Kyle heading off to the Heat. Which team is the favourite to land Carmello.
                          Sucks to be the Knicks when all you have to write about is what is happening to other teams
                          And we have thier draft pick in 2016. LOL.
                          Knicks beat writers are delusional. Cleanthony is being called the savior of the franchise.

Comment

• I predict if Lowry resigns here then Vasquez is gone. We just extended him a QO as insurance in case Lowry leaves, we have a capable starter to bring back. de Colo and Lou Williams can man the backup PG duties no matter which stater we retain.

Comment

This may have been answered a few times before.
                              We have bird rights on Kyle. Do we have them on Ppat + GV ? They have played 3 years in the league but with 3 different teams.
                              It's been answered, but some details for you.

A player does not have to play for the same team for three years - they have to not switch teams via free agency. So any player coming off a rookie scale contract (ie GV and PP) will be eligible for Bird Rights, as they have never been free agents. Even if they are traded to three different teams in that time.

It is slightly more complicated with veteran free agents. If they sign a 3 year or longer contract, they get Bird Rights at the end of it, as they will not have a free agency opportunity in between (same idea - even if they are traded a bunch). The idea is to reward loyalty in players even if teams are disloyal - the team trades the guy away, but at the end of the contract he still gets bigger earning possibilities if he re-signs where he is. If, however, a player signs a 2-year deal, then a 1-year with the same team, and gets traded, he loses his Bird Rights. To protect the player, he is allowed to refuse the trade (remember Devean George holding up the Kidd-Harris deal between NJ and the Mavs? - he would have lost his Bird Rights if the deal went through), and retain his Bird Rights. The reason the rights are lost is because by only re-signing on a one year deal, the player isn't demonstrating loyalty - but once the team tries to trade him, the player gets another shot at retaining those rights by refusing to leave. If the player is willing to go, no Bird Rights for him.

The same applies to players trying to retain their Early Bird Rights (like Bird Rights, but more restricted in salary, and for players playing 2 years with the same team instead of 3). Same idea, shorter time span.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• octothorp wrote: View Post
                                Nah, the plan is for Lowry to string Miami along for the next three weeks while they miss out on every other decent free agent. Then he tells Miami he'll accept their terms, walks into Pat Riley's office, writes "#WeTheNorth, Bitches" on the dotted line, and leaves.
                                LOLLL I couldn't like this on my tapatalk. But LMFAO!

Raps

Comment

Working...
                                X