No announcement yet.

Report: Lowry re-signs @ 4yr/$48M w/ETO after 3rd year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yea, how about going to the west and trying for a championship there in Houston? where your D12 is a big baby if he doesn't get touches, and james harden is as close as a ball hog as kobe. Sure Lowry will sign there

Comment

• Raptors 2014 Free Agency: Kyle Lowry

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
      Toronto is the best situation for Lowry. He ca get better pay day here, gets to be a leader and help shape this team. Miami and Houston can't offer that.
      Lowry is nearing 30. He doesn't give a shit about shaping this team or being the leader here. He could be a starter on the heat, a team who easily made it to the finals 4 times in the past 4 years. He already said he doesn't give a shit about making the playoffs and having a first round exit. He wants to play for championships, something we can't even remotely offer him until years and years later (if ever).

Realistically does anyone think we're gonna have a 48+ win season again next year? Seems unlikely to me. I'm sure kyle knows if he signs here for another 4-5 years he's not going to see the finals ever in that period.

https://twitter.com/wojyahoonba/stat...48783433072640

"@WojYahooNBA: Miami reached out to Kyle Lowry's agent Andy Miller tonight, and sides are planning to talk in the morning, source tells Yahoo."
      Last edited by iblastoff; Tue Jul 1, 2014, 05:36 AM.

Comment

• Lowry feels like he's a superstar right now

Comment

• FoxMachine wrote: View Post

That's the one that worries me (the stein one). Everything we've heard so far makes it sound like there was already some kind of agreement. If the raps are talking about a 5th year, they're scrambling.

Comment

• If Lowry leaves, then it's Emmanuel Mudiay tankwagon next year

Comment

• If it's not Woj, it's not reliable.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                If it's not Woj, it's not reliable.
                Stein is pretty good - second in the biz. I doubt he's making stuff up.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• I always assumed there would be a fifth year (as evidenced by every suggestion I have made) since that is one of the biggest advantages the Raptors have. No surprise here - and it may just be coming to the attention of the media that they are offering a fifth, and they are assuming it is in reaction to the interest Lowry is getting. The interest is not a surprise - why would they be caught off guard by it and have to change strategy? In all likelihood, they'd prefer a 4 year deal, but knew it was never in the cards and offered a 5-year off the bat.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                    I always assumed there would be a fifth year (as evidenced by every suggestion I have made) since that is one of the biggest advantages the Raptors have. No surprise here - and it may just be coming to the attention of the media that they are offering a fifth, and they are assuming it is in reaction to the interest Lowry is getting. The interest is not a surprise - why would they be caught off guard by it and have to change strategy? In all likelihood, they'd prefer a 4 year deal, but knew it was never in the cards and offered a 5-year off the bat.
                    Agreed if Lowry is as price sensitive as reported, the Raptors advantage was the fifth year. No matter what was offered this would be the topper.

DanH would know better but doesn't this give us more flexibility to front/back load?

Comment

• Interesting take on Houston: http://grantland.com/features/nba-fr...-lebron-james/

Houston could approach max-level cap room by dumping Jeremy Lin for nothing in return, a move that would put the Rockets in play for Melo, Bosh, or LeBron. But they can only maintain that cap room with the unspoken cooperation of Chandler Parsons, a restricted free agent who plays at a relatively weak position and will draw interest from lots of teams.

When free agency starts, Parsons will count for only $2.88 million on the Rockets’ cap sheet. That low number is key to Houston’s big dreams; they can let Parsons hang out in free agency, fill up their cap space with deals for other free agents, and then re-sign Parsons to a bigger number.

Parsons and his agents can blow all of that up by signing a big-money offer sheet with another team. The Rockets would have three days to match that offer, but the minute they do, Parsons’s cap figure jumps from $2.88 million to whatever his new salary might be. Good-bye, cap room.

A bunch of teams are thinking about whether it’s worth it to entice Parsons with an offer sheet, if only to screw Houston. The downside: The Rockets could wait the full 72 hours to match, tying up the offering team’s cap room on a doomed deal for Parsons as other teams gobble up all the best free agents. Again: Timing is everything, and every step is treacherous.

But Parsons is a good player, and teams with potential cap room and a need on the wing will mull it over; Toronto,3 Dallas, Detroit, Chicago, Atlanta, Cleveland, Phoenix, and the Lakers all fit the bill.

Since Houston has already talked to Lowry, I think it is high time MU tries to talk to Parsons agent. I like Parsons as a starter small forward, and if that can screw up Houston's plans with Lowry, than that's a nice little bonus.

Comment

• yeah I'm down with playing offer sheet chicken with Houston. I don't like how they are trying to get Lowry... BACK OFF MY MAN BITCH!
                        For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• The Raptors are going to be overpaying! We'll be bitching about this contract half way through the year. This guy is a 9Mil year a player based on his career, not just the one year. I'm okay with letting him walk at this price.

Comment

• dzoni71 wrote: View Post
                            Since Houston has already talked to Lowry, I think it is high time MU tries to talk to Parsons agent. I like Parsons as a starter small forward, and if that can screw up Houston's plans with Lowry, than that's a nice little bonus.
                            That's a great strategy.. the only issue is that the Raptors won't have the cap space to make the offer to Parsons. Lowry's cap hold with all the other contracts (minus Patterson, GV and De Colo's cap holds) equal to about $60.5M. With the cap space going to be about $63M.. that's only a $2.5M offer. Otherwise they could look for the MLE but Parsons is better than that (most likely would command at least $8M).

Raptors could stretch Hayes and Fields.. giving us another $8M in cap.. which could then work but we'd lose Hayes, Fields, and one of GV and Patterson (assuming the other could be resigned with the mid-level... they would lose their bird rights though since we'd have to renounce their cap holds).

Could be a big gamble if Parsons says no... and that's a lot of work to potentially sabotage the Rockets. Didn't work when BC did the same thing with NY for Nash.

Let's just hope that another team decides to screw the Rockets on behalf of the Raptors.

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
                              yeah I'm down with playing offer sheet chicken with Houston. I don't like how they are trying to get Lowry... BACK OFF MY MAN BITCH!
                              Lowry will not sign there I think!

The way he was treated by Houston and they're coaches and knowing how Lowry handles himself, I just cannot see him willing to sign there
                              "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                                That's a great strategy.. the only issue is that the Raptors won't have the cap space to make the offer to Parsons. Lowry's cap hold with all the other contracts (minus Patterson, GV and De Colo's cap holds) equal to about $60.5M. With the cap space going to be about $63M.. that's only a $2.5M offer. Otherwise they could look for the MLE but Parsons is better than that (most likely would command at least $8M).

Raptors could stretch Hayes and Fields.. giving us another $8M in cap.. which could then work but we'd lose Hayes, Fields, and one of GV and Patterson (assuming the other could be resigned with the mid-level... they would lose their bird rights though since we'd have to renounce their cap holds).
                                Where can you get the exact figures? I think I've seen the Toronto cap space being reported anywhere from zero to $13 million? What is our salary cap situation if we assume we make a qualifying to 2-Pat, Vasquez and keep Lowry's Bird rights? Do we have any cap space at all?

Comment

Working...
                                X