Report: Lowry re-signs @ 4yr/$48M w/ETO after 3rd year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dzoni71 wrote: View Post
    Where can you get the exact figures? I think I've seen the Toronto cap space being reported anywhere from zero to $13 million? What is our salary cap situation if we assume we make a qualifying to 2-Pat, Vasquez and keep Lowry's Bird rights? Do we have any cap space at all?
    www.shamsports.com has all the cap figures. But DanH broke it all down in a previous post. Here is a copy/paste of it again:
    http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/forum...l=1#post348672

DanH wrote: View Post
    Here's my breakdown of the Raps' salary situation for this year.

2014-15:

DeMar DeRozan $9,500,000
    Amir Johnson $7,000,000 (5 M guar)
    Landry Fields $6,250,000
    Chuck Hayes $5,958,750
    Lou Williams $5,450,000
    Steve Novak $3,445,947
    Jonas Valanciunas $3,678,360
    Tyler Hansbrough $3,326,235 (fully guaranteed now)
    Terrence Ross $2,793,960
    Julyan Stone $948,163 (unguaranteed until 7th July)
    Dwight Buycks $816,482 (unguaranteed until 22nd July)
    Marcus Camby $646,609 (buyout)

Kyle Lowry $9,315,000 (cap hold)
    Patrick Patterson $7,763,253 (cap hold; $3,557,174* QO)
    Greivis Vasquez $5,375,470 (cap hold; $3,898,090* QO)
    Nando de Colo $1,901,900 (cap hold; $1,828,750 QO)
    Lucas (BeBe) Nogueira $1,419,200 (cap hold; will probably sign for 120% of this - $1,703,040)
    Bruno Caboclo $1,215,300 (cap hold; will probably sign for 120% of this - $1,458,360)

Above roster, with all free agents released (not incl draft picks), and Stone and Buycks waived: $51,718,597

With cap holds, well over cap (77M range).

Estimated:
    Cap: 63.2 M
    Tax: 77 M
    Apron/Hard Cap: 81 M

*Starter criteria adjusted QO

So that leaves 25.3M for Lowry, Vasquez, Patterson, de Colo and the MLE. If you want to use the full MLE, that's 5.3M right there, leaving 20M for Lowry and the other 3. Maybe you let de Colo go, since you've got Williams now. Still, that's best case 10M for Lowry and 5M for the other two. Odds are you end up not using the entire MLE.
    Cap holds can be renounced, but then the free agent no longer has bird rights (meaning to acquire them you can't go above $63M unless you sign them as a mid-level contract which has its own restrictions).

So if you waive Bucyks and Stone. Renounce GV's, Patterson's and De Colo's cap holds, but keep Lowry's cap hold. My math has me around $60.5M. The salary cap is at $63M. If you stretch Fields and Hayes (stretching is the ability to amnesty a player so their contract amount is stretched by 2 times plus 1 year their contract length.. and since Fields and Hayes are both expiring.. that would be 3 years instead of 1 for each.. so their salaries would be $2.08M and $2M respectively instead of $6.25M and $6M). That can free up more space allowing you to grab a $10M type of player... however if you do that you have given up on Hayes, Fields, and renounced your free agents which is a gamble.. and Fields/Hayes no longer are expiring contracts on the books.

The only way for the Raptors to become legitimate free agent players in my opinion is if Lowry resigns elsewhere - since his cap hold will come off the books.
    Last edited by planetmars; Tue Jul 1, 2014, 12:31 PM.

Comment

• I think at this point, at 12M for 5 years you let Lowry walk. Try and do a sign and trade for Lin and Terrence Jones for Lowry and Hans, or something along those lines. It still will put Houston in the hunt for Melo, or other FA pieces. Lin expires after this season and Terrence Jones would be a good young addition.

Comment

• Thanks for the figures. Yup, looks like this year it will be resigning Lowry, Vasquez and 2-Pat. The only free signing would be at the MLE, and that for sure isn't enough for Parsons.

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
          I think at this point, at 12M for 5 years you let Lowry walk. Try and do a sign and trade for Lin and Terrence Jones for Lowry and Hans, or something along those lines. It still will put Houston in the hunt for Melo, or other FA pieces. Lin expires after this season and Terrence Jones would be a good young addition.
          Why take Lin when Vasquez is better? If we are doing a S&T with Houston they better include picks to make it worthwhile for us.

Comment

• Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
              I think at this point, at 12M for 5 years you let Lowry walk. Try and do a sign and trade for Lin and Terrence Jones for Lowry and Hans, or something along those lines. It still will put Houston in the hunt for Melo, or other FA pieces. Lin expires after this season and Terrence Jones would be a good young addition.
              Not a big Lin fan (who is) but I LOVE Terrence Jones, would be so happy to have him on the Raps.

Comment

• So, have we signed Lowry yet? Has he signed with anyone?
                The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post
                  So, have we signed Lowry yet? Has he signed with anyone?
                  He's meeting with Casey and Ujiri today. Rockets spoke with Kyle last night.

Comment

• I've advantage Raptors have is we can sign him early. His cap hold is 9M so give him 12M doesn't effect anything. Other teams looking at LBJ,Bosh,Melo would want to sign Lowry after striking out on other FA.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post

Quick someone send that twit to Lowry's wife.

GAME OVER MIAMI GAME OVER!!!

Comment

• It seems like it will cost Raptors the money that I said few month ago to sign KL

Comment

• Looks like Dallas is out of the running.

It appears, however, that their preliminary contact with point guard Kyle Lowry is simply a matter of due diligence.

The expectation among Mavs sources all along has been that the 28-year-old Lowry, who averaged 17.9 points, 7.4 assists and 4.7 rebounds while helping lead the Toronto Raptors to the playoffs last season, would be well out of Dallas’ preferred price range.
                          http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/maver...or-mavs-tastes

Comment

• blackjitsu wrote: View Post
                            Looks like Dallas is out of the running.

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/maver...or-mavs-tastes
                            I was never really worried about Dallas or Lakers. It was always Houston and Miami that worried me and still worries me. They are much closer to winning a championship than we are and Kyle is not coming across as someone who only cares about money. I can definitely see him taking about 3-4 mill less to play for either Houston or Miami.
                            I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• Miami isn't close. Houston might make him an absurd offer then try to get Dragic next season. It'll be the same situation he was in his first turn. Then they'll need to dump him like Lin and Asik.

Comment

• If the reports are true that it would take 5 years/$60 million for Lowry then I think the Raptors are smart to walk.

Comment

Working...
                                X