No announcement yet.

Report: Lowry re-signs @ 4yr/$48M w/ETO after 3rd year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If we do end up losing Lowry, I think it's a blessing in disguise. I don't think he will ever play like he did last year, and I think will end up over paying for his production. If he leaves we stay the course. Do not sign long term contracts with any player that was not on our roster last year. We run with Vasquez, DeColo and try to sign Ramon Sessions to a fair deal. Vasquez and Sessions can fight it out for the starting spot. We save our cap flexibility for next season. I think with the improvements of Ross and Jonas, we will see very little drop off in play. We do need to improve our back up wings though.

Comment

• Will not dispute your logic about Sessions, but would like to sign two of Jody Meeks or Xavier Henry or Wesley Johnson to play here . Should not cost us too much monies and go after Spencer Hawes as a back up to JV

Sessions would be ecstatic 2/10 million. Meeks 3/11 and 2/7 million for Wesley Johnson with an option. Almost equal to what we would have to pay 4/44 for Lowry .

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
        There is no way that Wade and Bosh opt out of $41mm+ of guaranteed money to sign Sessions and Marvin and Hawes.

I think they're hunting bigger elephants.
        The Heat just lost a title because they have no depth. Adding one star will not resolve all the minutes Bosh and Lebron had to play over the season, or get them a starting Center. They need a PG, Center, and bench wing at minimum.

saints91 wrote: View Post
        If we do end up losing Lowry, I think it's a blessing in disguise. I don't think he will ever play like he did last year, and I think will end up over paying for his production. If he leaves we stay the course. Do not sign long term contracts with any player that was not on our roster last year. We run with Vasquez, DeColo and try to sign Ramon Sessions to a fair deal. Vasquez and Sessions can fight it out for the starting spot. We save our cap flexibility for next season. I think with the improvements of Ross and Jonas, we will see very little drop off in play. We do need to improve our back up wings though.
        I'm not sold on DeColo, or someone like sessions. It took the whole season for me to begin to appreciate Vasquez. Also, I think you are not properly evaluating Lowry if you don't think that Lowry at 70% is better than any other available option.

Comment

• No I don't think Lowry at 70% is better than Sessions and I question at 90% will Kl be better than a healthy Sessions and a healthy GV

Comment

• The only way Lowry can go 2 Heat..is in a sign & trade,period.
            If Lowry was 2 leave,I wouldn't mind seeing Rojon Rondo in Raptors Uniform.
            "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
            My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• Imagine a second lineup of sessions, Meeks and Wesley Johnson, PP and jermaine O Neal or a cole Aldrich , compared to GV , Salmons, Novak, PP, Hayes/ Hansborough for the same amount of salary maybe 2 million less.
              You give up KL but more scoring from your 2nd team and better rebounding and stronger defense. You lose 4 points from the first string and add 15 points scoring on average from your 2nd string.....

Yes it was Lowry contract year if he stays great than add Wesley Johnson and Meeks if we have the MLE and do a sign and trade for the TPE from Rudy Gay.

Comment

• Heatdreamer wrote: View Post
                No I don't think Lowry at 70% is better than Sessions and I question at 90% will Kl be better than a healthy Sessions and a healthy GV
                I can only recommend that you look at the numbers and then study game tape of Ramon Sessions. He's not in Vasquez's league, let alone Lowry.

Comment

• With the Lou Williams trade and the next to no chatter about Lowry I'm all but convinced that he's leaving.

I'm preparing myself for life after Lowry.

Comment

• Letter N wrote: View Post
                    With the Lou Williams trade and the next to no chatter about Lowry I'm all but convinced that he's leaving.

Lou Williams is not a point guard. And won't be with the Raptors for the full year, I suspect.

Comment

• Letter N wrote: View Post
                      With the Lou Williams trade and the next to no chatter about Lowry I'm all but convinced that he's leaving.

I wouldn't be too concerned because of Lou. The deal was for BeBe.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Prediction - Raps signs Lowry tonight(midnight).
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                          Prediction - Raps signs Lowry tonight(midnight).
                          I'm gonna go with that too. They are gonna over him 42-44 million over 4 years and he'll sign.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                            Prediction - Raps signs Lowry tonight(midnight).
                            Nah, the plan is for Lowry to string Miami along for the next three weeks while they miss out on every other decent free agent. Then he tells Miami he'll accept their terms, walks into Pat Riley's office, writes "#WeTheNorth, Bitches" on the dotted line, and leaves.

Comment

• Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post

I'm so not sleeping until at least 1am.

Let's just rename Canaday day to Lowry day.
                                Myself (March 2014):
                                The raptors are a tremendous young team and will win a championship in the following five years.

Comment

Working...
                                X