• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Letter N wrote: View Post
    Best centre in the game
    Arguably best SG in the game
    A deep young bench

Talent wise Houston is top 5 in the entire league.
    Howard has not been the best Center in years.
    That Shooting Guard plays 0 defense -- none. You guys complain about DeMar.
    That bench is mediocre at best. Age does not correlate with quality.

This is the problem when people make decisions watching highlights instead of games. Dude is over-rated.

Comment

• imanshumpert wrote: View Post
      Lowry is actually better than Tony Parker. He was better than him in virtually every single statistical metric last year, and is a vastly superior defensive player. Players on championship teams always get overrated though.

Parker overrated?????

really???

Really??????

Comment

Parker overrated?????

really???

Really??????

Well if you consider him to be better than Lowry, yes.

Comment

• blackjitsu wrote: View Post
          Howard has not been the best Center in years.
          That Shooting Guard plays 0 defense -- none. You guys complain about DeMar.
          That bench is mediocre at best. Age does not correlate with quality.
          This is the problem when people make decisions watching highlights instead of games. Dude is over-rated.
          Name me better centres and better shooting guards playing right now.

Outside of Clippers, Heat and Spurs no team has as much talent as the Rockets. Whether they can put it together is another matter, but the talent is there.

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
            A) He's not an all-star and he's had 1 year of close to all-star numbers... in a contract year
            B) Don't you find it interesting that he came into this season in the best shape of his career, and a whole new attitude

Mike Conley, Jeff Teague are comparable players who are payed around 8-9M

Rondo and Parker ar 12-13M

9-10M is where Lowry should be
            I'd like that too but that isnt how it works in unrestricted free agency. Both Teague and Conley got their current contracts as rfa or extension to their rookie deal. Again, the market determines the price/cost and one lives with the decision either way. KL's contract year and his play as being reasons while having precedent in other cases is pretty much conjecture here. I think Casey and MU would be better judges of the merits of that reasoning concerning contract valuation in KL's case. The factors imo dealing with the overall game plan MU has in mind is more important when it comes to KL's contract ceiling/term valuation with the Raptors.

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
              So does anyone know when Lowry is gonna make his decision?
              I think I saw a tweet that said he will likely be ready to make a commitment by tomorrow. I think someone posted it here somewhere too

Comment

• Houston has two superstars with two of the worst attitudes in the game.

Whatever Harden provides on offense, he gives right back on defense.

The worst part is that he doesn't even try, that makes it really hard on every other team mate who's busting his ass, because you feel like, what's the point? He's a terrible leader.

I'm not necessarily sure that I trade Demar straight up for Harden.
                Last edited by stooley; Tue Jul 1, 2014, 06:17 PM.
                "Bruno?
                Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

Best centre in the game
                  Arguably best SG in the game
                  A deep young bench

Talent wise Houston is top 5 in the entire league.
                  SG - no defense, disappears in the playoffs.
                  C - no post offense, can't shoot
                  Bench is meh, looks better since 30M PG &C were on it.
                  First round exit and didn't even look good.

Comment

• FoxMachine wrote: View Post
                    I think I saw a tweet that said he will likely be ready to make a commitment by tomorrow. I think someone posted it here somewhere too
                    that was just a rumour from untrusted sources, I believe

Rocket and Heat still in pursuit for Lowry. woj

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                      that was just a rumour from untrusted sources, I believe

Rocket and Heat still in pursuit for Lowry. woj
                      Ahh thanks!

Comment

Parker overrated?????

really???

Really??????

My sentiments exactly.
                        Parker has just won his fourth championship,hall of famer.
                        I love Lowry,but he ain't no Hall of Famer,enough said.
                        I'll say it again,If Lowry leaves I won't be mad,but disappointed that he would go 2 Houston.
                        If u compare the 2 teams,honestly u can say that the raptors are the upcoming team and better team.
                        Also didn't Houston dump ure a@@ few years back and know they are all gush over u,hmm didn't they do same S@!t with Jeremy Lin, Lowry ask ure self why would u go team that has already slap u in the face and have slap other players that they brought in.
                        Anyway I'm intrigued 2 c which way he leans,really want 2 c if personality or character has changed that much with the free agent decision.

P.S (Off Topic)

My perception of Dwight Howard,never liked him,never will.
                        Dwight Howard is just name,his flashy,athletic...his not a winner,but a whiner.
                        He is the most hyped up player since Vince Carter,overrated.
                        I rather have JV than Dwight Howard any time of day,just bc of the competitor JV is,he cares,which Dwight Howard cares about him self and what other ppl think.
                        Last edited by Dr Hannibal Lecter; Tue Jul 1, 2014, 06:26 PM.
                        "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                        My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

Name me better centres and better shooting guards playing right now.

Outside of Clippers, Heat and Spurs no team has as much talent as the Rockets. Whether they can put it together is another matter, but the talent is there.
                          How about instead of huffin and puffin you look at that sweet video of Harden's defense skills that I posted? I'm not interested in pissin' contests -- if I say a Center's name your just going to moan and groan. I honestly could care less.

A team can not compensate for both a starter who refuses to defend, AND an immature center who can't hit foul shots. For the record, neither one of these guys are good enough in one area to compensate for their shortcomings. They are stars that are propped up by the media as superstars.

Comment

• blackjitsu wrote: View Post
                            How about instead of huffin and puffin you look at that sweet video of Harden's defense skills that I posted? I'm not interested in pissin' contests -- if I say a Center's name your just going to moan and groan. I honestly could care less.

A team can not compensate for both a starter who refuses to defend, AND an immature center who can't hit foul shots. For the record, neither one of these guys are good enough in one area to compensate for their shortcomings. They are stars that are propped up by the media as superstars.
                            So you couldn't even name one better at either position?

Comment

• Oh I can but I don't play games.

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                X