Raptors Off season needs and solutions. My thoughts and your thoughts needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RisingRaptors wrote: View Post
    I was about to add in that he could potentially mess up the chemistry but I believe that someone like Amir or Hayes could keep him in check. I see him as a low-risk, high reward in terms of his skills but I think he's better off in Miami with Lebron cause Lebron pretty much keeps him in check.
    Why does anyone think Beasley can be kept in check?

He was literally in a perfect situation this year. Veterans to keep him in check. He was gifted a role at the start of the season as bench scorer...yet he lost it, somehow. If he couldn't get his shit together to play meaningful minutes this year, well I don't know why any team would have interest. And I have no desire to pay him like a 10th man to be our 15th man.

Comment

Free Agency is gonna depend on signing Lowry and who we draft...ideally we draft a SF like Hood, Young, Anderson unless Ennis is available with the 20th and Thannis Antempomka (i know its spelt wrong) in the 2nd.
      If/when Lowry is signed, I think adding Greg Monroe would be the piece that puts in over the top for years to come...add Carter for a lil raptors redemption and veteran leadership and thats my ideal off season

Comment

Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
        This isn't much of a game changer but I wouldn't mind seeing Masai go after a guy like Michael Beasley, .
        Can Beasly clear customs with his past indiscretions ?
        There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
        - TGO

Comment

Beasley is actually a decent player. He may be a headcase, but he's decent. I'm not sure why Spo left him rotting on the bench in the Finals and only used him in Gm 5 when they were down by 20+.

How about Thabo Sefalosha? He's a proven defender, he has the size that Ross doesn't have, can knock down a 3, has playoff experience w/ Chicago and OKC, was rarely used by OKC this season, no news about him being a headcase, and he's likely cheaper than Ariza or Deng.

Comment

#20 - I like Clint Capela - big man to develop from overseas ... Cleanthony Early also a favourite in that range.

Free Agent targets: Thabo Sefalosha, or another wing defender.

KL/GV/Stone
            DD/Thabo/Nando
            TR/Fields/Novak
            Amir/2Pat/Ty
            JV/Chuck/Capela
            The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Comment

2KJ wrote: View Post
              Beasley is actually a decent player. He may be a headcase, but he's decent. I'm not sure why Spo left him rotting on the bench in the Finals and only used him in Gm 5 when they were down by 20+.

How about Thabo Sefalosha? He's a proven defender, he has the size that Ross doesn't have, can knock down a 3, has playoff experience w/ Chicago and OKC, was rarely used by OKC this season, no news about him being a headcase, and he's likely cheaper than Ariza or Deng.
              IT's not that he's a headcase, it's that he's an absolutely terrible offensive player. He has bad instincts, and doesn't shoot or finish very well. His 3 pt shot has only really been good 2 years...and other than that he's a bad-mediocre shooter. That's why he was taken out of OKC's starting lineup in the playoffs. You can't depend on him for anything on O, not even hitting wide open jumpers.

I don't really want him. I hope he's not the best we can find in free agency.

Ahead of him, I'd put Marvin Williams, and PJ Tucker....and Aminu as a one-sided player (at least he has size we need, Thabo has average size at the wing), or any rookie we draft that hopefully is able to contribute some minutes off the bench.

Comment

PJ Tucker ... yes, 100% ... but I have a feeling he would give the Suns first shot at retaining him
                The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Comment

If Lowry, stays, we draft one of Payne, Anderson, Warren or McDaniels
                  If Lowry opts out, we might have to pray that one of Payton, Ennis, or Napier is available at No20

Comment

tenforthewin wrote: View Post
                    If Lowry, stays, we draft one of Payne, Anderson, Warren or McDaniels
                    If Lowry opts out, we might have to pray that one of Payton, Ennis, or Napier is available at No20
                    If one of them (specifically Ennis and Payton) are available at 20, we're taking them regardless of Lowry (who, by the way, we won't know about until at least a week after the draft).
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                    X