Tor-chi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tor-chi

Report out there that the Bulls are looking to trade their 2 first-rounders, 16th and 19th. Bulls need shooting, something along the lines of Steve Novak and 20th pick for Greg Smith and 16th pick. Bulls get a shooter, something they desperately need, and still have another pick in the first round. We get a higher pick, trade away Novak's kind of bad contract in terms of how much we actually play him, and also get a cheap Center, under a million dollars on salary, can always waive him if needed. Thoughts?

Wouldn't be a bad idea if Novak had a good year. If he has a much improved year this upcoming season maybe a mid-season trade like this wouldn't be so bad, but currently Novak has next to no trade value at his current salary.

Comment

Smith is not under contract for next year. The Raptors can't trade for him.

Besides, I don't think the Bulls would have any interest in Novak unless the Raptors pay them to take him (like give them a pick without getting a pick back).

Comment

BobLoblaw wrote: View Post
        Smith is not under contract for next year. The Raptors can't trade for him.

Besides, I don't think the Bulls would have any interest in Novak unless the Raptors pay them to take him (like give them a pick without getting a pick back).
        Smith has a guaranteed contract for next year, just under a million. The Bulls really need shooters, and I think that in the Bulls system, Novak could be ten times more effective then what he is here, since Casey evidently doesn't know how to use him.

Comment

serbiantiger8 wrote: View Post
          Smith has a guaranteed contract for next year, just under a million. The Bulls really need shooters, and I think that in the Bulls system, Novak could be ten times more effective then what he is here, since Casey evidently doesn't know how to use him.
          Maybe he does indeed. Google shows me reports that he's signed for the rest of this season, and other reports that he's signed through the next season.

Anyway, he can't be traded either way. He was signed by the Bulls in mid-April. A player can't be traded for 3 months after signing a contract, so even if he has a contract for next season, you would have to wait till mid-July. Which is after the draft.

As to Novak, the problem isn't Casey, the problem is Novak. He can't defend a position and he has no offensive skill besides shooting. He's tall but so what. He can't defend big men and he can't rebound like a big man. So he's not a big man. But he's not a wing either, he's way too slow.
          It makes much more sense to sign some guard who can shoot, play decent defense vs. guards, and who can pass a little or put the ball on the floor a little. A player like that would be harder to defend and would stretch the floor better, and he would have more value on defense. And there are plenty of those guards available every offseason.

Novak is a minimum salary type. He's one of the dumbest Knicks' signings in my view. Someone like Novak should never get 15 mil. And I doubt that any team would make the same mistake with Novak again, regardless of how the Raptors try to sell him. If the Raptors want someone to take him, they will have to give something good to that team, or to take another bad contract.

Comment

Trade Novaks with Salmons+ hansborough for Tyson Chandler, huge financial savings when you include penalties.

Comment

Heatdreamer wrote: View Post
              Trade Novaks with Salmons+ hansborough for Tyson Chandler, huge financial savings when you include penalties.
              Have you seen the Knicks make many trades to save tax?

Comment

But I have seen chicago do so :

Salmons+ Hansborogh +novak for Boozer + 1st

How is that ?

Comment

Heatdreamer wrote: View Post
                  But I have seen chicago do so :

Salmons+ Hansborogh +novak for Boozer + 1st

How is that ?
                  I don't think the Bulls would do it but I think it's MUCH more likely than the Knicks idea.

Another thing about the Knicks, imagine how that looks in their Carmelo talks. "Come back Melo, we just traded your best teammate for Hansbrough to save tax, but it's all good, we still have Bargnani."

Comment

I am talking about chicago , u are still stuck on the Knicks trade. This trade has the same affect and you grab a pick at 16.

Your forward and center rotation improves for the year and next year 33 million come off the books . Fields , Hayes , boozer, Johnson .

Comment

The Knicks idea is new, so there was something to say.

There's not much more to say about the Bulls idea, it's not a new idea, its various forms have been discussed a million times on this forum.

I don't know if you remember, but you and me actually spent a lot of time discussing a very similar idea not long ago. I didn't think the Bulls would take that one, and this one with Novak is very similar.

Comment

Yes , you have not added anything to thi s conversation , this was being addressed on the premise that the Knicks don't care about the cap. Chicago does and this helps open the door for Carmello , moneywise or a run at another big dollar player.

So you can rationalize an earlier conversation but this was based on your premise of savings to avoid the tax.

Comment

Oh, get over it. I didn't like your trade idea. Big deal.

Comment

I don't like your response about the logic because it is subjective and without merit.

Comment

No to Boozer!

Comment

Working...
                              X