Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Tor-chi

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
    Chicago would need a PF, we'll throw in TH just for good karma. If we land Taj, that changes everything! As much as I like ppat he becomes redundant, amir can come off the bench.

Lowry/livingston/ennis
    DD/fields/#37
    TR/landry/novak
    Taj/amir/Novak?
    Jv/hayes/#59
    They would only do a Taj-Salmons type trade to clear cap space (for Carmelo). So it wouldn't make sense to take on Hansbrough and keep him. Also, they could find Hansbrough level backups in free agency after they sign Melo.

I think Taj-Salmons is a cool idea, if Carmelo decides to sign for the Bulls.

That said, I don't see them actually giving 2 first picks to unload Taj. More likely they'd expect some asset. Taj is arguably the best defensive PF in the league. There will be teams willing to absorb his contract.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote BobLoblaw wrote: View Post
    They would only do a Taj-Salmons type trade to clear cap space (for Carmelo). So it wouldn't make sense to take on Hansbrough and keep him. Also, they could find Hansbrough level backups in free agency after they sign Melo.

I think Taj-Salmons is a cool idea, if Carmelo decides to sign for the Bulls.

That said, I don't see them actually giving 2 first picks to unload Taj. More likely they'd expect some asset. Taj is arguably the best defensive PF in the league. There will be teams willing to absorb his contract.
    I believe you are correct. IFF Melo is on Bulls radar, Taj for Salmons (maybe we add a 2nd rounder) would work.
    Another possibility: Bulls feel (if Melo in picture) that they can trade Taj for a draft & no salary coming back. Dunleavy for Salmons might then be a possibility.
    Why does this appeal to me more? IMO we need Dunleavy (a solid shooter off the bench) more than another 4.
    Thoughts?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Mapko wrote: View Post
    I believe you are correct. IFF Melo is on Bulls radar, Taj for Salmons (maybe we add a 2nd rounder) would work.
    Another possibility: Bulls feel (if Melo in picture) that they can trade Taj for a draft & no salary coming back. Dunleavy for Salmons might then be a possibility.
    Why does this appeal to me more? IMO we need Dunleavy (a solid shooter off the bench) more than another 4.
    Thoughts?
    Taj>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>dunleavy
    @jerboat

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

I've changed my mind re Gibson-Salmons, I brain farted there. There's no way they move Gibson without getting a commitment from Melo, and Salmons would be cut by that time. Also, looking at their salary right now, it's kind of tough for them to offer Melo max. If they keep their picks, they have to amnesty Boozer and then trade Taj and Dunleavy with no salary coming back to get into that range.

Still, Taj and Dunleavy are both interesting targets in July. Not for Salmons, but for pure cap space.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information