Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Are the Raptors changing their uniforms this summer???

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I hate the idea of making the Raps another blue and white team. Variety is nice. These teams are not one entity and are not dependent on each other for anything. They are separate products in the sports market and should present themselves that way.

I mean, does any major sports city use the same colours for all their teams? I'm having a very hard time thinking of one.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    I hate the idea of making the Raps another blue and white team. Variety is nice. These teams are not one entity and are not dependent on each other for anything. They are separate products in the sports market and should present themselves that way.

I mean, does any major sports city use the same colours for all their teams? I'm having a very hard time thinking of one.
    Also, the Raptors have always had a bit of a push to brand themselves as "Canada's team." As one of the 37 Raptors fans who live outside of the GTA, I'd like to remind you that Raptors brass wants us to buy jerseys too.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote S.R. wrote: View Post
    Also, the Raptors have always had a bit of a push to brand themselves as "Canada's team." As one of the 37 Raptors fans who live outside of the GTA, I'd like to remind you that Raptors brass wants us to buy jerseys too.
    Well I'm also not a fan of red, but mostly because of how common it is in general in the NBA. Don't think red is at all necessary to be "Canada's team".

I kind of liked the 2nd generation jerseys right after they ditched the pinstripes but kept the same colours. I don't care if they go back to those colours, but I wouldn't mind a change while staying away from blue and white. No colours they wear can really harm the constant campaign as "Canada's team", except actually blue and white.

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

NY Rangers, and NY Giants...and maybe the Mets (although Mets use orange instead of red).
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    NY Rangers, and NY Giants...and maybe the Mets (although Mets use orange instead of red).
    Yeah, the most I could think of was maybe 2 teams in a city.

Raptors Republic All-Star stooley's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, the most I could think of was maybe 2 teams in a city.
    Pittsburgh pirates, steelers and penguins. There was also a song written about them.

Atlanta Hawks, Falcons, Braves

I think the pittsburgh example is one where it works really well.

Raptors Republic All-Star Yabadabayolo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

The huskies sounds like the most infuriatingly weak name since the pelicans
    In Swag we Trust

-Nick Young

Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

You know it's the off season when a thread like this pops up.

Personally I have no problem with blue. If they want to look like the Leafs/Blue Jays/Argos that's cool with me. Blue and Toronto seem to just go hand in hand. Probably the Leaf's fault but it is what it is.

But I'm too old to buy a jersey anyway.. and its really all about marketing. I think a Raptor jersey looking like a Leaf jersey would sell more than one that looked completely different. So if it was about making money go for blue. If it's about looks than it doesn't really matter as long as it looks different from other teams and it doesn't look too tacky. The black and gold rumours that came out before the season started seemed cool.

Raptors Republic Starter e_wheazhy_'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote TrossTheBOSS wrote: View Post
    Agreed please no blue and white leafs got same colour we need to be unique and not copy and huskies and timberwolves are pretty similar would be hard to come up with a design that isn't identical to minny
    Not really. Just draw something that isn't the timberwolves logo and presto! You have a design that isn't identical to minnys
    A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Post Thanks / Like

Well I'm also not a fan of red, but mostly because of how common it is in general in the NBA. Don't think red is at all necessary to be "Canada's team".

I kind of liked the 2nd generation jerseys right after they ditched the pinstripes but kept the same colours. I don't care if they go back to those colours, but I wouldn't mind a change while staying away from blue and white. No colours they wear can really harm the constant campaign as "Canada's team", except actually blue and white.
    I agree - an update on the second generation purple jerseys would be best. The first jersey's jagged pinstripes are unredeemable, although the cartoon logo is gaining some retro/vintage credibility.

Like it or not this franchise is nearly 20 years old, and I agree that purple is more "Raptors" than red. Work with that instead of looking to start from scratch again.

Raptors Republic Starter e_wheazhy_'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote planetmars wrote: View Post
    You know it's the off season when a thread like this pops up.

Personally I have no problem with blue. If they want to look like the Leafs/Blue Jays/Argos that's cool with me. Blue and Toronto seem to just go hand in hand. Probably the Leaf's fault but it is what it is.
    It's more that Toronto's flag is blue and white.
    A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

12. Like planetmars liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If the Raps want any sort of shot at signing KD in 2016, changing the name to the Huskies will not help lol
    "You clearly don't know who you're talking to, so let me clue you in: I am not in danger, Skyler. I am the danger. A guy opens his door and gets shot, and you think that of me? No! I am the one who knocks!"

- Walter White

Raptors Republic Rookie Prophet2k's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Montreal rocks the red white and blue in all their teams, Canadiens, Alouettes and The Expos while they existed.
    limpin ain't easy, but I make it look good...

Raptors Republic Starter TrossTheBOSS's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
    Not really. Just draw something that isn't the timberwolves logo and presto! You have a design that isn't identical to minnys
    But they're both dogs. Don't copy other teams, a dinosaur is way better.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Prophet2k wrote: View Post
    Montreal rocks the red white and blue in all their teams, Canadiens, Alouettes and The Expos while they existed.
    But the Expos don't exist, now do they? :P

I stand by my 2 teams statement...except Pittsburgh. They are the only city that was brought up with 3 that really have the same colours. Black, white and yellow. Exactly the same.

I can't really put Atlanta there. The Hawks and Braves are the same. The Falcons use black instead of blue though.

Raptors Republic Veteran MACK11's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

BLACK AND GOLD!

The OVO Raptors!
    He's 2 years away from being 2 years away, but his wingspan is already here .

Raptors Republic Rookie Prophet2k's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I always thought they were limited to the colours they have registered with the league, being Black, White, Red, Purple, and Naismith Silver...They were able to switch to the red unis because they always had those colours in their palette. Anyone know the in's and out's of the league policy on uniform changes?
    limpin ain't easy, but I make it look good...

Raptors Republic Superstar lilmamba_'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

cant wait until the black and gold happens
    What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
    The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
    No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

Raptors Republic Rookie TorontoRaptors4Eva's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

The uniform change will take place for the 2015/16 season. The only change coming to the raptors uniforms next season is the nba go will be moved to the top back on the uniform. Each NBA team will have this change

Thread Information