is this trade worth it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is this trade worth it

Hey guys i was wondering if this trade will be a good idea. will it make us a better team down the road, and do you think the bucks will do it

Bucks get- Terrence Ross(23), 20th pick (2014), second rounder in 2015
    Raptors get- Giannis Antetokounmpo(19) and 31th pick (2014)
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ml8xpfn

why bucks do it - they have the second pick and if they draft parker or wiggins they wont need GA. They get Tross and a first rounder
    why they dont- They think to highly of GA

Why raptors do it- They get a VERY SF that is improving and has very high potential and the first pick the the second round
    Why they dont- They can just keep Tross and draft someone at 20 and hope he turns out to be very good

So my question to you guys is; Is this trade wroth it. Put yourself in MU is shoes, would you do it if bucks offer you this trade ????
    And do you think bucks will do this trade
    Last edited by Abbas; Fri Jun 20, 2014, 02:16 PM.
    Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ml8xpfn
    Abbas wrote:

Comment

Great trade forum thread.

To answer question if Bucks do it: NO

They love 'Po and his potential is incredible and he has shown he is a player in this league already at the age of 18.

Comment

They won't do it, they love 'Po and if they draft Wiggns, they'll play him at the 2 with 'po at the 3.
        Myself (March 2014):
        The raptors are a tremendous young team and will win a championship in the following five years.

Comment

What? How is Giannis so much better than Tross, in your eyes?
          The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Interesting trade but I don't think Milwaukee would go for it. They seem to be really high on Antetokounmpo and can afford to be patient with him. It's not like Ross will step in and be a finished product for them either; they may as well keep the younger guy who has the higher ceiling.

Comment

Giannis is looking like a generational talent by the day, while T-Ross has had a poor playoffs and is probably just another 3&D guy.
              How many 6'11 guys can handle the ball, shoot, run the break and are athletic enough to guard any position?

Comment

Yesss what a great deal for raptors!!!!
                I sincerely believe Giannis is going to become an all star in few short years!!
                I would even do it not getting any oicks back from bucks, while we add another 2nd round pick!!!
                However, I don't think Bucks would do it, even if we were to add more picks

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
                  What? How is Giannis so much better than Tross, in your eyes?
                  Its hard to argue that po is better player than tross as of now but
                  I am certain that po will be a better player than tross during 2014-2015
                  and po is only 18!!!
                  Po has so much potential which tross doesnt have!!

Comment

Giannis is an overrated scrub

/sarcasm

Comment

Yeah I think the biggest thing is age, Po is 19 while Ross is 23.

I definitely think Po in 4 years will be better than Ross is now. I mean if you re did the draft there's a large chance that Po goes #1 overall.

Comment

Okay so most of you guys are saying Bucks wont do the trade

What will it take to make them do it
                        1-They dont give us any pick back?
                        2-We add another Second rounder?
                        3-We add a future first top 10 protected
                        4-Other......
                        Abbas wrote:

Comment

Abbas wrote: View Post
                          Okay so most of you guys are saying Bucks wont do the trade

What will it take to make them do it
                          1-They dont give us any pick back?
                          2-We add another Second rounder?
                          3-We add a future first top 10 protected
                          4-Other......
                          A general observation about NBA trades -- no one wants to trade a dollar for four quarters. If someone's got a star or a potential star, you will have a hard time prying that away unless you offer another star / potential star / high draft pick in return. No one wants to trade a potential star for a role player and some late picks.

Maybe if you offer DeRozan? I don't know what the Bucks new owners want to do. Maybe they want to win soon, or maybe they want to build like OKC -- tank until they know for sure that they have multiple stars. If they want to win now, then DeRozan could be interesting.

Make no mistake though, they see Po as a potential star and they won't trade him for spare parts. 2 late picks, 3 late picks, it doesn't make much difference. They are very unlikely to find another Giannis with those picks. So you would have to offer something more substantial, something that says "star" or "potential star."

Comment

BobLoblaw wrote: View Post
                            A general observation about NBA trades -- no one wants to trade a dollar for four quarters. If someone's got a star or a potential star, you will have a hard time prying that away unless you offer another star/ potential star
                            I thought that was exactly what they did? Trade a dollar (eg. Melo, Dwight Howard) for 4 quarters (pieces that are worth less separately but combined have the same value- whether through potential, cap relief, picks or different skill sets that make the team better?)
                            A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
                              I thought that was exactly what they did? Trade a dollar (eg. Melo, Dwight Howard) for 4 quarters (pieces that are worth less separately but combined have the same value- whether through potential, cap relief, picks or different skill sets that make the team better?)
                              Apples and oranges. You are talking about teams that were forced to trade their stars because they would've left anyway. Like, Orlando fired the coach, fired the GM, had the new GM meet Dwight and beg him to stay, and only then they traded him. I wouldn't say that they "wanted" to trade him..

Comment

Working...
                              X