is this trade worth it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BobLoblaw wrote: View Post
    Apples and oranges. You are talking about teams that were forced to trade their stars because they would've left anyway. Like, Orlando fired the coach, fired the GM, had the new GM meet Dwight and beg him to stay, and only then they traded him. I wouldn't say that they "wanted" to trade him..
    But then why would any team ever make a trade? I'm just not understanding your analogy. What WOULD teams trade a dollar for?
    A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
      But then why would any team ever make a trade? I'm just not understanding your analogy. What WOULD teams trade a dollar for?
      For another dollar. If you want to get a blue chip asset, you have to offer another blue chip asset.

Maybe the team wants to win now and would trade a blue chip youngster for a blue chip veteran. Or maybe the team has two blue chip point guards (Phoenix) and would prefer a blue chip center for one of them. Or maybe the team wants to change identity and would trade a blue chip scorer for a blue chip two way player (like, the Suns in 1980s, Paul Westphal for Dennis Johnson).

There are many possible scenarios where a team would trade a blue chip asset, but it's pretty much always for another blue chip.

And yeah, if a team is forced to trade, then it's very different, maybe they take an offer that they would normally never take. But no one's forcing the Bucks to trade.

Comment

What if you added in Demar and got their pick and threw in our first round from this year and our first round from 2016

Comment

why?

lots of the trades mentioned here line up similar assets but i don't think people take the team's motivation(s) into account...why would the bucks want to make this trade?

the bucks would; a) believe that ross is better then giannis or,

b) be willing to take the lesser player and disrupt the team in order to get the higher draft selection

i think this would be a no go from both teams even tho i like giannis ...
          Change the name...Give this city and this country something we can be PROUD of... something we can EMBRACE... something that REPRESENTS us... Please MLSE any name except Raptors...anything, please?

Comment

i love ross and really hope he doesn't get traded but yeah i'd do this trade in a heartbeat

can't see milwaukee doing it, though apparently they LOVE parker who plays the same position as Po so who knows
            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

What does everyone think of batman and 37 for harrison barnes

G state gets a stretch 4 if they cant land love and they get the 37 pick which is basically a first rounder but will be paid less

Toronto gets a sf with size who they were high on during the draft

Barnes is not playing well behind iiggy so i think it would be best for them to trade him somewhere right?

Sent from my GT-S7560M using Tapatalk
              I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

I like Patterson on that team. But Patterson is a free agent so you can't trade him on draft day. The timing is messed up.

Also, hard to say what GSW would ask for Barnes. He still shows lots of flashes, he wasn't used well in their offense by Mark Jackson, and they've changed the coach. I think they will wait to see how he plays next year, unless they get an offer they can't refuse.

I think a trade of this type is more likely next winter, if the Raptors re-sign 2pat.

Comment

Working...
                X