Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who Are the Raptors ideal trade partners?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who Are the Raptors ideal trade partners?

Realistically which teams have assets that we can aquire and assets we can can offer them with both teams having mutual interest?
    #BringBackUzoh

I think we have three very good options.

1. Try to get one or both of Chicago's 1st rounders and Boozer for Salmons and maybe a couple other pieces (future second or something)

2. Try to get OKC's 1st ad Perkins for around same package as above

3. Fleece the Knicks again.
    The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

007 wrote: View Post
      I think we have three very good options.

1. Try to get one or both of Chicago's 1st rounders and Boozer for Salmons and maybe a couple other pieces (future second or something)

2. Try to get OKC's 1st ad Perkins for around same package as above

3. Fleece the Knicks again.
      I think that last one is very doable. Shall we trade fields novak hayes and bikes for 8 unprotected firsts plus shumpert. Maybe they could throq in a future second as a sweetner?

Sent from my GT-S7560M using Tapatalk
      I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
        I think that last one is very doable. Shall we trade fields novak hayes and bikes for 8 unprotected firsts plus shumpert. Maybe they could throq in a future second as a sweetner?

What about we do the OKC trade, then we trade Perkins Hayes and Fields for Shumpert, Hardaway JR, and multiple future unprotected draft picks.
        The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

The Raptors are primed to trade with any team looking to create cap space and willing to give up players on rookie contracts and picks to do it.

Comment

007 wrote: View Post
            What about we do the OKC trade, then we trade Perkins Hayes and Fields for Shumpert, Hardaway JR, and multiple future unprotected draft picks.
            I dont know man. I think dolan would want to give us more than that for a guy like hayes

I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

Here is the problem with acquiring salary and picks for capspace...

I was reading somewhere that A LOT of teams around the league have actual cap space they are willing to give up for boozer and other crazy salaries(Lin & Asik) thus driving the price for that transaction down to second rounders.

While i am not sure which teams are actually willing to sacrifice this year's salary cap ( I can think of 1, the sixers) it does seem likely that the price is lower than we think it is.

Comment

ball4life wrote: View Post

I was reading somewhere that A LOT of teams around the league have actual cap space they are willing to give up for boozer and other crazy salaries(Lin & Asik) thus driving the price for that transaction down to second rounders.

While i am not sure which teams are actually willing to sacrifice this year's salary cap ( I can think of 1, the sixers) it does seem likely that the price is lower than we think it is.
                Those could be rumours leaked by CHI and HOU to try and shake up the market for those guys.

Comment

ball4life wrote: View Post

Who are all these teams LMAO?

I don't think there are A LOT of teams who wanna take back those salaries, raptors are on a short list
                  "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

MACK11 wrote: View Post
                    Who are all these teams LMAO?

I don't think there are A LOT of teams who wanna take back those salaries, raptors are on a short list
                    LOL exactly my question! And I looked it up just now.

http://www.spotrac.com/cap-tracker/nba/

As per the above,

Realistically the teams would be

Bucks
                    Magic
                    Sixers
                    Lakers(if they want to throw in next season too, they might as well)
                    Raptors
                    Suns
                    Jazz

None of these teams have any intention of competing next season.. Except May be the Suns and Raptors.

Raps

Comment

The lakers fully intend to compete next year...whether they will or not is another question.

Comment

A couple of dance partners out there beyond the usual supects of OKC/Chicago

You could do business potentially with Miami.
                        They need to free up some cap space.
                        We could trade them Salmons 7M and coming back is Cole (2M) and Haslam (4.6M) and their 26th pick.

Miami clears 6M to help restructure.
                        The raps get a first pick and Cole. They can cut/waive Decolo so thats a wash. Haslam has a team option and may opt out to try to resign elsewhere. If he doesn't We get a hard ass rebounder to replace TH when we waive him on June 29th.

We may be able to do business with Phoenix as well. They have an lot of young players right now and the very real prospect of adding 3 more. Might not want to have that big a daycare/development roster. Operant word is might.
                        If they deem they have to add some veteran talent they may listen to an offer of Amir + 2nd 2015 for the 14th or 18th pick.

We are in a great position to deal with the Bulls as well and we have beaten that one to death. We just have to pay Boozer for a year and then we watch him + Landry + Hayes ride off into the sunset. One year blip on salary this year is a small price to pay to get another pick.
                        Last edited by Demographic Shift; Sat Jun 21, 2014, 06:47 PM.
                        There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                        - TGO

Comment

add the cavs to the mix

new gm, new coach, they have no ties to any of their players. i like thompson and waiters, myself.

pretty sure the writings on the wall for waiters, especially. casey could really use another bulldog, especially if Lowry leaves. their new coach Blatt actually coached that russian dude they drafted a year or two ago and word is he's a big fan of him. i predict he'll get good minutes this year, making waiters all the more expendable.
                          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

I can't say which teams would be ideal trade partners, but here's my two cents on our roster value:

Hayes, Novak, Fields - Of next to no value to most teams. We're stuck with them unless we add them in bigger trade for salary purposes. Despite their bloated salary they've been solid citizens, so keeping them is not the end of the world.

Vasquez - In an already PG talented league, his value is rather low. I'd say keep him for the right price.

2Pat - A team looking for a developing stretch four may give us most value for 2Pat, whom I like but would trade for superior assets. Sign and trade is possible here for a team looking to plug it's PF position with a cheap alternative for a stretch 4.

Lowry - His value to the Raptors is more then his value to market, so keeping him for about 10-12M makes a lot of sense.

Amir - Same with Lowry. Value is higher to the Raptors, so unless another team puts his value at the Raptors value, it's unlikely we'd recieve a fair trade for him.

Ross - His value is high now, and most teams in the league would have interest. SG ain't such a talent heavy position right now, due to last year's SG injuries, so trading him might not be the worst idea. He's probably the easiest player to trade on the Raptors now.

DD - Bargain for his value to the team, and unless something we get a player with all-star talent or potential franchise player talent, no point in trading him.

JV - Centres are rarer then a coach with the same team for more then 4 years, so keep him unless completely blown out of the water, like DD. Gotta shoot for the moon with a guy like JV.

Looking at this and considering our cap space, 2Pat and Ross are our best trade pieces. It makes sense to trade the others right now since we won't get fair value in maintaining our winning ways, which I think is of most importance right now.

Comment

Stevo wrote: View Post
                              I can't say which teams would be ideal trade partners, but here's my two cents on our roster value:

Hayes, Novak, Fields - Of next to no value to most teams. We're stuck with them unless we add them in bigger trade for salary purposes. Despite their bloated salary they've been solid citizens, so keeping them is not the end of the world.

Vasquez - In an already PG talented league, his value is rather low. I'd say keep him for the right price.

2Pat - A team looking for a developing stretch four may give us most value for 2Pat, whom I like but would trade for superior assets. Sign and trade is possible here for a team looking to plug it's PF position with a cheap alternative for a stretch 4.

Lowry - His value to the Raptors is more then his value to market, so keeping him for about 10-12M makes a lot of sense.

Amir - Same with Lowry. Value is higher to the Raptors, so unless another team puts his value at the Raptors value, it's unlikely we'd recieve a fair trade for him.

Ross - His value is high now, and most teams in the league would have interest. SG ain't such a talent heavy position right now, due to last year's SG injuries, so trading him might not be the worst idea. He's probably the easiest player to trade on the Raptors now.

DD - Bargain for his value to the team, and unless something we get a player with all-star talent or potential franchise player talent, no point in trading him.

JV - Centres are rarer then a coach with the same team for more then 4 years, so keep him unless completely blown out of the water, like DD. Gotta shoot for the moon with a guy like JV.

Looking at this and considering our cap space, 2Pat and Ross are our best trade pieces. It makes sense to trade the others right now since we won't get fair value in maintaining our winning ways, which I think is of most importance right now.
                              I think this is quite a reasonable summary and it says what I have been feeling for a while. I think your points about "value to the Raptors versus value to other teams" are an interesting way to position some of the potential trades. There is no doubt in my mind that Amir and DD both have found ways to work with the core players and Casey's system that maximize their on court production. I don't think the same is true for Ross. I can imagine other teams looking at his skill set, recognizing that he isn't being used properly in Toronto, and salivating about plugging him into "their" systems. As for 2Pat, the Raps may find somebody in the draft that can provide his skill set with development, for less money. Several names have been mentioned.

I agree that 2Pat and Ross could be traded for players that do more to plug holes in the Raps roster, much as I would like to see them both kept. You've got to give to get.

Comment

Working...
                              X