Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you like to see derozan become more of a rip hamilton type player?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you like to see derozan become more of a rip hamilton type player?

Derozan is not a very smart player with the ball in his hands, often in the brooklyn series, he struggled to pass quickly out of double teams, pass the ball into the post, and is a poor pick and roll finisher/decision maker.

Do you think instead of focusing on dribbling this summer, he should work harder at coming off screens, and moving without the ball.

I honestly believe for the raptors to succeed, derozan needs to have a more peripheral role in the offense.

truuth3 wrote: View Post
    Derozan is not a very smart player with the ball in his hands, often in the brooklyn series, he struggled to pass quickly out of double teams, pass the ball into the post, and is a poor pick and roll finisher/decision maker.

Do you think instead of focusing on dribbling this summer, he should work harder at coming off screens, and moving without the ball.

I honestly believe for the raptors to succeed, derozan needs to have a more peripheral role in the offense.
    I honestly think that as he becomes more confident in his skills he'll be able to play in that "zone" more where he sees the court and makes smart decisions.
    "Bruno?
    Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
    He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

Fck rip Hamilton I want to see demar more of a Kobe Bryant type player!

Comment

Since yoir name is truth i have lost some respect for you already haha not only am i disagreeing with your name but i also disagree with your post haha

I think dd can continue working on his dribbling. Unless we get a person that can do the thinhs hes training to do than he can become more of a rip hamilton player.

Rip was only good if he had other players around him that could do that dribbling and pass to him off screen. All we have that can do that are lowry and vasquez

Sent from my GT-S7560M using Tapatalk
        I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

Demar will become a Demar type player.
          The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

I wouldn't want him to become a Rip Hamilton type player. He'll be as great as he wants.

Comment

Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
              Since yoir name is truth i have lost some respect for you already haha not only am i disagreeing with your name but i also disagree with your post haha

I think dd can continue working on his dribbling. Unless we get a person that can do the thinhs hes training to do than he can become more of a rip hamilton player.

Rip was only good if he had other players around him that could do that dribbling and pass to him off screen. All we have that can do that are lowry and vasquez

Sent from my GT-S7560M using Tapatalk
              Lmao I thought the same thing man I saw his name as truth3 which reminds me of Paul pierce Fuck brooklyn! Boo op booo

Comment

Nah......that wouldn't be a good idea.

Comment

Nah, I would rather see him as a Kobe-type of player - a player who could create his own shot. He has shown improvement on that, esp during the playoffs. And with him being a gym rat, I think he can achieve that.

Terrence Ross probably would be more suited for that, as he is a better, natural shooter. And right now, he can't create his own shot. I think Ross would be much more effective if he learns to actually find his shot by moving w/o the ball. So far, he's ok on corner 3's, but he needs to be consistent.

Comment

trosstheboss wrote: View Post
                    lmao i thought the same thing man i saw his name as truth3 which reminds me of paul pierce fuck brooklyn! Boo op booo
                    f*** brooklyn
                    #BringBackUzoh

Comment

Derozan is actually quite good at coming off of screens. He consistently hits jumpers or finishes at the rim when a screen is set for him.

If you watched game 2 of the playoffs, you would realize that Derozan took over in the 4th when he started getting screens and started cutting to the basket.

When the Raptors isolated Demar, he struggled because the Nets were constantly throwing doubles at him, and between the likes of Pierce, JJ, Livingston, and Thornton, Demar always had a solid defender guarding him. Despite that, Demar managed to have a handful of good games in the 7 games played vs. the Nets.

Rip Hamilton was never an Iso scorer. He came off screens and hit his shots. Rip Hamilton was an efficient player that was generally surrounded by a plethora of highly talented big men who could always set great screens for him. The Pistons front court was so dominant that generally, the Pistons would eat teams alive if they chose to double their bigs. All they had to do was hit Rip with a nice pass and he would make a play.

Derozan is 24 years old. He has so much upside to him, despite playing 5 seasons in the NBA. Rip was limited to what he was surrounded with, whereas with Demar, he is choosing to ensure that he will be in top form regardless of whom he plays with.

As far off as the comparisons to Kobe may be, Demar has the right attitude at this stage in his career to become as passionate and as dedicated to the game as Kobe Bryant has been for the past 20 years. Success for him will be a byproduct of his willpower to win and to bring success to his team and city.
                      I know this may be a bit controversial but I think the Raptors have proven that they're the best team in the NBA from Canada
                      -random Facebook user. 2016

Comment

truuth3 wrote: View Post

I'd like to see both improved dribbling and passing. Look at San Antonio and what brilliant passers they are. That's how to deal with pressure defence.

Comment

No way, I hate to limit Demar Derozan like that.
                          Derozan needs a tighter handle, and a better first step. He didn't have that last season, and thats why you saw him settle for a lot of long twos when the defense could keep up with his drive.

Athletically, Derozan is fast and strong enough to beat defenders consistently.
                          As crazy as this sounds, there are maybe 1 or 2 things Derozan would need to add on to become like a prime Kobe.

That's a tight handle, tough defense (in his prime, Kobe was a great defender) and maybe a decent 3 point shot so teams wouldn't sag off of him.

Comment

2kfeen wrote: View Post
                            That's a tight handle, tough defense (in his prime, Kobe was a great defender) and maybe a decent 3 point shot so teams wouldn't sag off of him.
                            So basically exactly what everyone has been saying he needs for the last five years and he hasn't been able to deliver any of them.

Yet in this offseason he is just going to develop all three???

okeee

Comment

Working...
                            X