Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you like to see derozan become more of a rip hamilton type player?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
    So basically exactly what everyone has been saying he needs for the last five years and he hasn't been able to deliver any of them.

Yet in this offseason he is just going to develop all three???

okeee
    Man you need to read what he said again.

He did not say DeRozan is going to develop all those things, he said that DeRozan would need to add those things to become like prime Kobe (which is debatable in its own right).

Comment

imanshumpert wrote: View Post
      Man you need to read what he said again.

He did not say DeRozan is going to develop all those things, he said that DeRozan would need to add those things to become like prime Kobe (which is debatable in its own right).
      His first sentence implies otherwise

Comment

OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
        His first sentence implies otherwise
        Looks like you still need to read again.

Comment

LOL looks like you need to read what I wrote again.
          I said he needs those things to rise to a superstar level player that could be the best SG in the East.
          I would be fine if he played at an all-star level, but he has all the tools to get to the next level in my eyes.

Watching him post up SGs, that turnaround jumper, that mid-range game and his athletic ability all remind me of young kobe

Over the last few years:
          He's sorta added a 3 point shot (its developing)
          He has started passing and facilitating
          His defense has gotten a little better
          His mid-range game is better
          He added some post ups

And he's still young too, so expect his game to take flight next season.

Rip was just a mid-range shooter but Demar can be so much more

Comment

2kfeen wrote: View Post
            I said he needs those things to rise to a superstar level player that could be the best SG in the East.
            I would be fine if he played at an all-star level, but he has all the tools to get to the next level in my eyes.

Watching him post up SGs, that turnaround jumper, that mid-range game and his athletic ability all remind me of young kobe

Over the last few years:
            He added some post ups

This. It would be a step back if Demar became like Rip.
            Myself (March 2014):
            The raptors are a tremendous young team and will win a championship in the following five years.

Comment

OptimalOptimist wrote: View Post
              This. It would be a step back if Demar became like Rip.
              This, DeMar was already as good as Rip in 2012-13. If you don't believe me he was virtually identical statistically to Rip's championship season in 03-04.

Comment

imanshumpert wrote: View Post
                This, DeMar was already as good as Rip in 2012-13. If you don't believe me he was virtually identical statistically to Rip's championship season in 03-04.
                WS/48:
                Rip 03-04: .141
                DD 12-13: .074

Virtually identical.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                  WS/48:

Virtually identical.
                  Pretty sure Shump meant 2013-2014, where the WS/48 were identical. In fact, DeMar was probably better than that version of Rip, both because he played more (leading to 0.7 more total WS) and because that number from Rip was buoyed by a 4.4 DWS, which was almost 1 entire win share higher than he had done previously or subsequently, likely meaning there was some unearned statistical fluctuation there.

The best Rip Hamilton seasons, 2005-2006 and 2006-2007, is probably a slight bit better than DeMar last year. But Rip was 3-5 years older than DeMar was last year in those years.
                  That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

I've never seen a fan base with so many people bent on discrediting a young, very good, hard working and ever improving player, who also happens to be loyal to his team/city, and a VERY BIG part of the team culture and heart that produced such a great season. Unreal. From a quick glance through current threads, I see some fools trying to say Klay Thompson is better, with the most laughable part being that he's a better defender. Huh? Not if you watch him play, and know what you're watching. Now trying to discredit DD compared to effing Rip based on hokey-pokey WS/48 stats for different teams, 10 years apart. Seriously? Not sure I could come up a less relevant comparison

Comment

chico wrote: View Post
                      I've never seen a fan base with so many people bent on discrediting a young, very good, hard working and ever improving player, who also happens to be loyal to his team/city, and a VERY BIG part of the team culture and heart that produced such a great season. Unreal. From a quick glance through current threads, I see some fools trying to say Klay Thompson is better, with the most laughable part being that he's a better defender. Huh? Not if you watch him play, and know what you're watching. Now trying to discredit DD compared to effing Rip based on hokey-pokey WS/48 stats for different teams, 10 years apart. Seriously? Not sure I could come up a less relevant comparison
                      No such attempt was made. Someone made the claim that their stats were identical for those years. Just pointing out that it was not true.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

2kfeen wrote: View Post

Over the last few years:
                        He added some post ups

I don't agree. Rip also had solid back to the basket game, passed well, had a solid handle and attacked the basket. He was a better shooter than DeMar and he settled less, attacked the basket more. He also was a solid defender, even though he was the worst in that Pistons' lineup.

DeMar is similar in a lot of ways, but he's less skilled in every area. What he has over Rip is his size, strength and athleticism. Rip was a mediocre athlete.

If DeMar keeps working on everything a little bit, gets better off the ball and adopts more of an attack the basket mentality, he could be a rich man's Rip, a more physically gifted version of Rip. Which would be awesome. And he might get there, IMO.

I think it's great that DeMar's working on his handle. And it doesn't contradict the Rip path either. Rip was a better ball handler than DeMar is right now.

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                          WS/48:

Virtually identical.
                          Less win shares per/48 on a significantly worse team. And yes that does matter, because ideally the total win shares of the players on a team is supposed to add up to the team's win total. Completely irrelevant to compare those two statistics. We're talking about a lottery team vs. a championship team and arguably the best defensive team in NBA history.

Basically the same scoring numbers, similar rebounding numbers, Rip was more prolific as an assist guy (also had a better team) but also more prone to turning the ball over. Both guys got the free throw line at the same rate, shot the 3 with similar effectiveness (or lack thereof). TS% and other shooting percentages were virtually identical.

Simple as that. And that was LAST season, DeMar has improved a lot since.

Comment

Personally I think his better player than Rip,Derozan is more athletic, he just needs more maturity,that comes with playing more playoff games. I'm hoping Derozan could evolve 2 be more of a Paul Pierce.

P.S

Terrence Ross will be the better player though,mark it down,so much talent.
                            It's up 2 T Ross 2 deliver if he want's it.
                            "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                            My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post
                              Terrence Ross will be the better player though,mark it down,so much talent.
                              It's up 2 T Ross 2 deliver if he want's it.
                              I'm down with this

It's all up to Ross, and whether Casey will give him a shot to be better

Comment

I agree with the OP to a degree. DeMar could pump up his efficiency if he cut down on bad shots, and turnovers.

He can do this by being more selective with his shots (like Rip), and trying not to do too much dribbling (like Rip).

But unlike Rip, DeMar has the ability to take over a game, and doing so means taking chances with his shot selection and dribble penetration.

Tough call.

Comment

Working...
                                X