Nothing more than just having a little fun. Don't get too pumped up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nothing more than just having a little fun. Don't get too pumped up

Happy Sunday morning to all Raptors Fans worldwide. Long time reader from Montreal west here.
    I would like to see your input for the following scenario (no I didn't check to see if salaries match and this is nothing more than fantasy questions and it will never happen):

If you were Pat Riley and you get a call from Larry Bird, saying: Paul George, Roy H., Lance Stephenson, 2 1st rounds and maybe throw a couple of 2nds for LBJ, C.B and Haslem / Joel Anthony (either / or and not both). what would you say?

DEAR READERS: THIS WILL NOT HAPPEN AND THE ONLY PURPOSE OF POSTING THIS IS JUST TO HAVE FUN. Kindly refrain from posting insults or negative comments. Thank you all.

Welcome to the forums!

Firstly, I would like to point out that this doesn't really make sense. You are essentially trading the core of each team (Miami doesn't even have Joel Anthony anymore), and therefore the only reason one team might get better than the other is if one set of players ends up adapting to the new coaching system/city better than the other group.

Plus, Miami benefits GREATLY, because they not only get a 24 year old superstar to build their franchise around (again) for the next 10 years, they also get a big man whom although he tends to disappear at times, is still a 7 footer with skills(not consistent with displaying them though.)

Miami could possibly waive/amnesty Hibbert's ridiculous contract and go for role players to surround Paul George with. Im assuming that Wade would still be on Miami, so therefore Lance can probably be used in a S&T to another team (he is a free agent), or perhaps even Wade can be used. Possibly bring in Boozer in exchange for Wade. Miami can draft a young 6th man in the draft and they would end up with: Chalmers (he will probably be replaced though), Wade/Stephenson, George, Boozer, and Hibbert. Hibbert can become a defensive anchor instead of trying to play like Shaq 2.0, and Boozer can play an inside/outside game with George. Chalmers and Stephenson/Wade will score off of cuts and open shots.

Pacers don't really benefit from this, they actually suffer. Sure, they get LBJ, Bosh, and a solid role player in Haslem, but all three of these players are aging veterans, all of whom which will be in their 30's. Obviously Lebron is still going to be one of the best in the game for quite a while, and Bosh seems to play well off Lebron as a shooter. However, Bosh no longer deserves a Max contract given that he has fully embraced the role of being a 3rd option, meaning that Indiana would have to provide Lebron with a second scorer. Indiana does have George Hill, David West, Scola, and Mahinmi, so they could trade Bosh for draft picks and pick up a SG for the future.

All in all, this would never happen, but if it did, it wouldn't be fair for the Pacers. Miami wouldn't have the salary cap to support Wade, George, Hibbert, and Stephenson anyways.

The Pacers actually ruin their long term success by trading away their franchise player, Paul George, for Lebron James. Im not saying that Lebron to the Pacers would make them worse, it just doesn't make sense. The fact that the Pacers trade away draft picks as well doesn't make sense either.
    I know this may be a bit controversial but I think the Raptors have proven that they're the best team in the NBA from Canada
    -random Facebook user. 2016

Comment

Riley would probably say: "This is why my teams win and your teams don't. But it was worth a shot to trade for a winning team using your losing one."

Comment

Joel isn't with Miami he got traded to Boston and hello and welcome! How's the poutine?

Comment

Just for fun.

What if Melo went to the Bulls. LeBron to Rockets.

Wade stays in Miami. Bosh to Toronto for not a lot of money (probably won't happen but still)

And VC back to Toronto

Draft Ennis

Resign Lowry

Lowry / Ennis / De Colo?
          DD / Vasquez / Fields
          Ross / VC / Fields
          Bosh / Amir
          JV / PPatt

With Miami out of contention, does this team best Chicago/Indiana in ECF?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

JordanMariam14 wrote: View Post
            Just for fun.

What if Melo went to the Bulls. LeBron to Rockets.

Wade stays in Miami. Bosh to Toronto for not a lot of money (probably won't happen but still)

And VC back to Toronto

Draft Ennis

Resign Lowry

Lowry / Ennis / De Colo?
            DD / Vasquez / Fields
            Ross / VC / Fields
            Bosh / Amir
            JV / PPatt

With Miami out of contention, does this team best Chicago/Indiana in ECF?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
            That's still not beating a Rose/Butler/Melo/Gibson/Noah starting line up, but it could possibly beat the Pacers depending if their problems continued into next season.

Comment

Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
              That's still not beating a Rose/Butler/Melo/Gibson/Noah starting line up, but it could possibly beat the Pacers depending if their problems continued into next season.
              I really hope Chicago's forced to give up either Butler or Taj, along with Boozer to land Melo or the east will be pretty stacked with Miami, Indiana, Chicago all still better than us and Washington and even Charlotte with possibly Afflalo will be challenging us.

I still don't think any team in our division will give us too much trouble unless Boston pulls off a miracle of landing Love so we'll be at the 4th seed but all of a sudden getting into the second round is a lot harder.

Comment

Melo learned from his first transaction to just go to wherever he wants as a FA so he doesn't gut the team that he goes to.

He is supposed to opt out of his contract tomorrow. If Chicago offloads Boozer then they can offer Melo near max and that team is starting to look pretty good, and balanced...

Comment

Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
                  I really hope Chicago's forced to give up either Butler or Taj, along with Boozer to land Melo or the east will be pretty stacked with Miami, Indiana, Chicago all still better than us and Washington and even Charlotte with possibly Afflalo will be challenging us.

I still don't think any team in our division will give us too much trouble unless Boston pulls off a miracle of landing Love so we'll be at the 4th seed but all of a sudden getting into the second round is a lot harder.
                  Please please please (x100) never complain about the East being stacked, just look at the West.

Comment

Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
                    Please please please (x100) never complain about the East being stacked, just look at the West.
                    Never compared it to the west. It will be stacked compared to how it was this year.

Comment

Working...
                    X