Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rudy Gay exercises $19.3M option, Raptors dodge bullet

Bendit wrote: View Post
    Yes I was aware of the f/a no-talk rule hence my "backdoor" mention. I think third parties talk all the time including players in such a situation. Melo decided today to opt out...which is no different than Rudy's situation. To consider that no surreptitious contact has occurred between other team reps (Noah/Bulls) and Melo or his "friends" would be unbelievable. Of course teams have to be careful cause the penalties are severe but I think this happens quite often especially for the very good ones.
    Lol I thought the back door reference was a play on his name!
    A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

Both rudy and pasta boy are getting paid $$$ now but when they get older they will probably ring chase.

Comment

Anyone with 20/20 vision saw him opting in
        "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

so just to put this in perspective...even if the only thing Masai accomplished was off loading Gay and Bargnani...dodging a 30 million dollar bullet is fantastic
          For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

I know it's setting the bar low but just getting rid of Gay and Bargs would have been enough to make last season a success.

Comment

Not surprised he took the money. The trade-off has always been that if he demonstrated superior results, he might get a 4 year deal at a very good price in exchange for not taking the 19MM.
              If he was failing as he was doing at Toronto, his value would drop off a cliff and that 19MM would be all that he would get.

But he appears to be fitting in in Sacramento - After joining the Kings, Gay averaged 20.1 points on 48.2 percent shooting
              He can take the money & still have a good chance at a very good contract. The SF free agent market is thin enough where he can still command a good price

Comment

bryan colangelo wrote: View Post
                I know it's setting the bar low but just getting rid of Gay and Bargs would have been enough to make last season a success.
                How is that setting the bar low???

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post
                  http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...-15-With-Kings

Just FYI, the $19.3M bullet has been fired, and the Raptors thankfully dodged it due to Masai.
                  The best thing that owners ever did was shorten the length of contracts ... There were times bad contracts were seven years long ... Funny how other leagues haven't followed the NBA way ..

Comment

Imagine having to run a unit built around Rudy, Bargnani, Demar ... Defensive juggernaut - capped out!

Hit it R. Kelly, "I believe in Masai". Nice to have the confidence that even on draft night he could pull off another magical move.
                    The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post
                      Just FYI, the $19.3M bullet has been fired, and the Raptors thankfully dodged it due to Masai.

The Bargs bullet was also dodged.
                      Masai is The Matrix!
                      The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Rudy played pretty well for the kings, i'm not surprised he took the option. i have a hard time believing he'll make that kind of money again.
                        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

GoingBig wrote: View Post
                          Not surprised he took the money. The trade-off has always been that if he demonstrated superior results, he might get a 4 year deal at a very good price in exchange for not taking the 19MM.
                          If he was failing as he was doing at Toronto, his value would drop off a cliff and that 19MM would be all that he would get.

But he appears to be fitting in in Sacramento - After joining the Kings, Gay averaged 20.1 points on 48.2 percent shooting
                          He can take the money & still have a good chance at a very good contract. The SF free agent market is thin enough where he can still command a good price
                          Totally agree. Anyone who thinks the market for Gay is going to be worse next offseason compared to this offseason isn't thinking clearly. If he opted out, he'd get somewhere around $8M-$12M per year over 4 years, and his market will almost certainly be the same next offseason. Maybe even higher if say, NY loses Melo and is desperate for another "star" to replace him. A catastrophic injury is the only possible thing that could truly lower Gay's value, and that isn't very likely.

Comment

20 million must b nice. Watch as he has career year and some dumb team pays him another stupid contract.
                            "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                            My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

MACK11 wrote: View Post
                              Masai Ujiri is some sort of magician
                              Masai "Il Mago" Ujiri

Comment

Word is SAC trying to acquire JSMOOVE from Detroit for scrubs. This is supposedly a move to solidify another subsequent Rondo trade using their 8th pick.

If this goes through... SAC has just landed the poor man's Superfriends TRIO in the NBA with Rondo-Gay-JSmoove LOLL

Comment

Working...
                                X