Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Rudy Gay exercises $19.3M option, Raptors dodge bullet

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Not surprised he took the money. The trade-off has always been that if he demonstrated superior results, he might get a 4 year deal at a very good price in exchange for not taking the 19MM.
    If he was failing as he was doing at Toronto, his value would drop off a cliff and that 19MM would be all that he would get.

But he appears to be fitting in in Sacramento - After joining the Kings, Gay averaged 20.1 points on 48.2 percent shooting
    He can take the money & still have a good chance at a very good contract. The SF free agent market is thin enough where he can still command a good price

Raptors Republic Superstar Puffer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote bryan colangelo wrote: View Post
    I know it's setting the bar low but just getting rid of Gay and Bargs would have been enough to make last season a success.
    How is that setting the bar low???

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Primer wrote: View Post
    http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...-15-With-Kings

Just FYI, the $19.3M bullet has been fired, and the Raptors thankfully dodged it due to Masai.
    The best thing that owners ever did was shorten the length of contracts ... There were times bad contracts were seven years long ... Funny how other leagues haven't followed the NBA way ..

Raptors Republic Starter Papa Burgundy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Imagine having to run a unit built around Rudy, Bargnani, Demar ... Defensive juggernaut - capped out!

Hit it R. Kelly, "I believe in Masai". Nice to have the confidence that even on draft night he could pull off another magical move.
    The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

5. Like ceez liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Primer wrote: View Post
    Just FYI, the $19.3M bullet has been fired, and the Raptors thankfully dodged it due to Masai.

The Bargs bullet was also dodged.
    Masai is The Matrix!
    The name's Bond, James Bond.

Post Thanks / Like

Rudy played pretty well for the kings, i'm not surprised he took the option. i have a hard time believing he'll make that kind of money again.
    @jerboat

Raptors Republic All-Star Primer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote GoingBig wrote: View Post
    Not surprised he took the money. The trade-off has always been that if he demonstrated superior results, he might get a 4 year deal at a very good price in exchange for not taking the 19MM.
    If he was failing as he was doing at Toronto, his value would drop off a cliff and that 19MM would be all that he would get.

But he appears to be fitting in in Sacramento - After joining the Kings, Gay averaged 20.1 points on 48.2 percent shooting
    He can take the money & still have a good chance at a very good contract. The SF free agent market is thin enough where he can still command a good price
    Totally agree. Anyone who thinks the market for Gay is going to be worse next offseason compared to this offseason isn't thinking clearly. If he opted out, he'd get somewhere around $8M-$12M per year over 4 years, and his market will almost certainly be the same next offseason. Maybe even higher if say, NY loses Melo and is desperate for another "star" to replace him. A catastrophic injury is the only possible thing that could truly lower Gay's value, and that isn't very likely.

Raptors Republic Starter Dr Hannibal Lecter's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

20 million must b nice. Watch as he has career year and some dumb team pays him another stupid contract.
    "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
    My kitchen is always open to friends"

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote MACK11 wrote: View Post
    Masai Ujiri is some sort of magician
    Masai "Il Mago" Ujiri
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Word is SAC trying to acquire JSMOOVE from Detroit for scrubs. This is supposedly a move to solidify another subsequent Rondo trade using their 8th pick.

If this goes through... SAC has just landed the poor man's Superfriends TRIO in the NBA with Rondo-Gay-JSmoove LOLL

12. Like Nilanka, Letter N liked this post
    Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote ball4life wrote: View Post
    Word is SAC trying to acquire JSMOOVE from Detroit for scrubs. This is supposedly a move to solidify another subsequent Rondo trade using their 8th pick.

If this goes through... SAC has just landed the poor man's Superfriends TRIO in the NBA with Rondo-Gay-JSmoove LOLL
    And they'll still win just 30 games....
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

14. Like ball4life liked this post
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    And they'll still win just 30 games....
    Thast true for now.... but if they find the right coach and add kyle korver-esque player to their rotation... that's too much talent not to win 45+ games even in the West

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Someone needs to kidnap Sacto's GM and owner, lock them up and throw away the key. That franchise is a train wreck waiting to happen already, and their just adding tonnage and speed to make it as messy as possible when it does happen.

Raptors Republic All-Star Yabadabayolo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote ball4life wrote: View Post

Honestly if they can get rid of thompson and landry for smoove i think their better off. They have linup of

Rondo (ovverated but all needs to do is pass)
    Mclenore
    Gay (really poor mans lebron)
    Smoove (ovverpaid block machine)
    Cousins

Oof that sounds like an interesting team to watch

Sent from my GT-S7560M using Tapatalk
    In Swag we Trust

-Nick Young

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    Someone needs to kidnap Sacto's GM and owner, lock them up and throw away the key. That franchise is a train wreck waiting to happen already, and their just adding tonnage and speed to make it as messy as possible when it does happen.
    LOL true! I guess their fan turned draft guru should do it for them

Raps

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Cousins is basically Zack Randolph. Its gonna take a few trades to get his head straight
    "You never heard of DeMar just google him, the defense don't know what to do wit him"

Raptors Republic Veteran MACK11's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Rudy Gay and Josh Smith combo? Wow imagine how many brick houses they could build LMAO

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote MACK11 wrote: View Post
    Rudy Gay and Josh Smith combo? Wow imagine how many brick houses they could build LMAO
    Too bad they don't work for Habitat for Humanity.

Raptors Republic Starter e_wheazhy_'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Rudy Gay exercises $19.3M option, Raptors dodge bullet

I still kinda hope the kings get K Love in a trade so we can see a Gay Cousins Love frontcourt

(Or gay love cousins really, I'm not picky)
    A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Thread Information