Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 39 of 39

Thread: Rudy Gay exercises $19.3M option, Raptors dodge bullet

  1. #21
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    210
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Not surprised he took the money. The trade-off has always been that if he demonstrated superior results, he might get a 4 year deal at a very good price in exchange for not taking the 19MM.
    If he was failing as he was doing at Toronto, his value would drop off a cliff and that 19MM would be all that he would get.

    But he appears to be fitting in in Sacramento - After joining the Kings, Gay averaged 20.1 points on 48.2 percent shooting
    He can take the money & still have a good chance at a very good contract. The SF free agent market is thin enough where he can still command a good price

  2. #22
    Raptors Republic Superstar Puffer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2,563
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote bryan colangelo wrote: View Post
    I know it's setting the bar low but just getting rid of Gay and Bargs would have been enough to make last season a success.
    How is that setting the bar low???

  3. #23
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    64
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Primer wrote: View Post
    http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...-15-With-Kings

    Just FYI, the $19.3M bullet has been fired, and the Raptors thankfully dodged it due to Masai.
    The best thing that owners ever did was shorten the length of contracts ... There were times bad contracts were seven years long ... Funny how other leagues haven't followed the NBA way ..

  4. #24
    Raptors Republic Starter Papa Burgundy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    549
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Imagine having to run a unit built around Rudy, Bargnani, Demar ... Defensive juggernaut - capped out!

    Hit it R. Kelly, "I believe in Masai". Nice to have the confidence that even on draft night he could pull off another magical move.
    The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

  5. Like ceez liked this post
  6. #25
    Raptors Republic All-Star 007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Vancouver, B.C.
    Posts
    1,834
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Primer wrote: View Post
    Just FYI, the $19.3M bullet has been fired, and the Raptors thankfully dodged it due to Masai.

    The Bargs bullet was also dodged.
    Masai is The Matrix!
    The name's Bond, James Bond.

  7. #26
    Raptors Republic Veteran ceez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    6,700
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Rudy played pretty well for the kings, i'm not surprised he took the option. i have a hard time believing he'll make that kind of money again.
    @jerboat

  8. #27
    Raptors Republic All-Star Primer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,181
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote GoingBig wrote: View Post
    Not surprised he took the money. The trade-off has always been that if he demonstrated superior results, he might get a 4 year deal at a very good price in exchange for not taking the 19MM.
    If he was failing as he was doing at Toronto, his value would drop off a cliff and that 19MM would be all that he would get.

    But he appears to be fitting in in Sacramento - After joining the Kings, Gay averaged 20.1 points on 48.2 percent shooting
    He can take the money & still have a good chance at a very good contract. The SF free agent market is thin enough where he can still command a good price
    Totally agree. Anyone who thinks the market for Gay is going to be worse next offseason compared to this offseason isn't thinking clearly. If he opted out, he'd get somewhere around $8M-$12M per year over 4 years, and his market will almost certainly be the same next offseason. Maybe even higher if say, NY loses Melo and is desperate for another "star" to replace him. A catastrophic injury is the only possible thing that could truly lower Gay's value, and that isn't very likely.

  9. #28
    Raptors Republic Starter Dr Hannibal Lecter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    245
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    20 million must b nice. Watch as he has career year and some dumb team pays him another stupid contract.
    "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
    My kitchen is always open to friends"

  10. #29
    Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    5,975
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote MACK11 wrote: View Post
    Masai Ujiri is some sort of magician
    Masai "Il Mago" Ujiri
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

  11. #30
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    445
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Word is SAC trying to acquire JSMOOVE from Detroit for scrubs. This is supposedly a move to solidify another subsequent Rondo trade using their 8th pick.

    If this goes through... SAC has just landed the poor man's Superfriends TRIO in the NBA with Rondo-Gay-JSmoove LOLL

  12. Like Nilanka, Letter N liked this post
  13. #31
    Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    5,975
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote ball4life wrote: View Post
    Word is SAC trying to acquire JSMOOVE from Detroit for scrubs. This is supposedly a move to solidify another subsequent Rondo trade using their 8th pick.

    If this goes through... SAC has just landed the poor man's Superfriends TRIO in the NBA with Rondo-Gay-JSmoove LOLL
    And they'll still win just 30 games....
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

  14. Like ball4life liked this post
  15. #32
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    445
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    And they'll still win just 30 games....
    Thast true for now.... but if they find the right coach and add kyle korver-esque player to their rotation... that's too much talent not to win 45+ games even in the West

  16. #33
    Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    7,659
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Someone needs to kidnap Sacto's GM and owner, lock them up and throw away the key. That franchise is a train wreck waiting to happen already, and their just adding tonnage and speed to make it as messy as possible when it does happen.

  17. #34
    Raptors Republic All-Star Yabadabayolo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Kitchener "Sketchener"
    Posts
    1,366
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote ball4life wrote: View Post
    Word is SAC trying to acquire JSMOOVE from Detroit for scrubs. This is supposedly a move to solidify another subsequent Rondo trade using their 8th pick.

    If this goes through... SAC has just landed the poor man's Superfriends TRIO in the NBA with Rondo-Gay-JSmoove LOLL
    Honestly if they can get rid of thompson and landry for smoove i think their better off. They have linup of

    Rondo (ovverated but all needs to do is pass)
    Mclenore
    Gay (really poor mans lebron)
    Smoove (ovverpaid block machine)
    Cousins

    Oof that sounds like an interesting team to watch

    Sent from my GT-S7560M using Tapatalk
    In Swag we Trust

    -Nick Young

  18. #35
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    445
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    Someone needs to kidnap Sacto's GM and owner, lock them up and throw away the key. That franchise is a train wreck waiting to happen already, and their just adding tonnage and speed to make it as messy as possible when it does happen.
    LOL true! I guess their fan turned draft guru should do it for them


    Raps

  19. #36
    Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,738
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Cousins is basically Zack Randolph. Its gonna take a few trades to get his head straight
    "You never heard of DeMar just google him, the defense don't know what to do wit him"

  20. #37
    Raptors Republic Veteran MACK11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    ANGERVILLE: Population 1
    Posts
    7,620
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Rudy Gay and Josh Smith combo? Wow imagine how many brick houses they could build LMAO

  21. #38
    Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    7,659
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote MACK11 wrote: View Post
    Rudy Gay and Josh Smith combo? Wow imagine how many brick houses they could build LMAO
    Too bad they don't work for Habitat for Humanity.

  22. #39
    Raptors Republic Starter e_wheazhy_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    885
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Rudy Gay exercises $19.3M option, Raptors dodge bullet

    I still kinda hope the kings get K Love in a trade so we can see a Gay Cousins Love frontcourt

    (Or gay love cousins really, I'm not picky)
    A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •