Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rudy Gay exercises $19.3M option, Raptors dodge bullet

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...-15-With-Kings

Just FYI, the $19.3M bullet has been fired, and the Raptors thankfully dodged it due to Masai.

It's just too much money to pass up.

Comment

The Bargs bullet was also dodged.

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...icks-For-14-15

Comment

Even if he says he did, Rudy never had to even think about whether he would take the money or not lol
        You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

Crazy how Raptors would've been paying $30M for those two

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

JordanMariam14 wrote: View Post
            Crazy how Raptors would've been paying $30M for those two

Crazy, or Terrifying? Thank god we aren't wasting half the cap on those two. Two of the most overpaid guys in the NBA, and we got useful pieces for them. Mind blowing.

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post
              Crazy, or Terrifying? Thank god we aren't wasting half the cap on those two. Two of the most overpaid guys in the NBA, and we got useful pieces for them. Mind blowing.
              Yup, for 3 picks, Vasquez, Patterson & Novak I believe, amazing

Comment

JordanMariam14 wrote: View Post
                Yup, for 3 picks, Vasquez, Patterson & Novak I believe, amazing

Masai Ujiri is some sort of magician
                "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Obviously he did not have any teams breaking down the door (backdoor) to give him a longer deal at a favorable number. He of course runs the risk of injury or a bad stat year jeopardizing his next contract.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                    Obviously he did not have any teams breaking down the door (backdoor) to give him a longer deal at a favorable number. He of course runs the risk of injury or a bad stat year jeopardizing his next contract.
                    He never really got a chance to test free agency though. Other teams can't talk to him until July 1 and only if he opted out. He took a risk because he can get injured but if he does he still gets paid $19.3M.

Comment

I expect Rudy to have a great contract year

Comment

Masai didn't win us championship yet, but he deserves bonus already. Bonus checks rock!

Comment

I find it a little surprising that Rudy did well there considering there really isn't any ball distributors, and Thomas and Cousins are such ball dominate players.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                            He never really got a chance to test free agency though. Other teams can't talk to him until July 1 and only if he opted out. He took a risk because he can get injured but if he does he still gets paid $19.3M.
                            Yes I was aware of the f/a no-talk rule hence my "backdoor" mention. I think third parties talk all the time including players in such a situation. Melo decided today to opt out...which is no different than Rudy's situation. To consider that no surreptitious contact has occurred between other team reps (Noah/Bulls) and Melo or his "friends" would be unbelievable. Of course teams have to be careful cause the penalties are severe but I think this happens quite often especially for the very good ones.

Comment

JordanSmith wrote: View Post
                              I find it a little surprising that Rudy did well there considering there really isn't any ball distributors, and Thomas and Cousins are such ball dominate players.
                              Cousins is a dominant bigman who opens the floor. Rudy can't force himself to be the number one option or Demarcus might kill him. Cousins passes well, shoots well, rebounds well and opens the floor for everyone. If he wasn't crazy he would be a top 10 player in the league.

Comment

Working...
                              X