Page 1 of 92 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread: Raptors 2014 Free Agency: non-Raptors thread

Raptors Republic All-Star Miekenstien's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Raptors 2014 Free Agency: non-Raptors thread

Sorry, I know there is a free agent thread but it isn't on the first 3 pages. So a mod can mash these together or let it go on its own.

Just saw this list from ESPN

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/99...ents-2014-2015

i would look at livingston, collison(opted out) if lowry walks, stiemsma, gray, marvin williams and maybe jimmer
    For The Win

Post Thanks / Like

That's because its in the Let's NBA section of the forum lol

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
    "You clearly don't know who you're talking to, so let me clue you in: I am not in danger, Skyler. I am the danger. A guy opens his door and gets shot, and you think that of me? No! I am the one who knocks!"

- Walter White

Raptors Republic Starter Dr Hannibal Lecter's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Miekenstien wrote: View Post
    Sorry, I know there is a free agent thread but it isn't on the first 3 pages. So a mod can mash these together or let it go on its own.

Just saw this list from ESPN

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/99...ents-2014-2015

i would look at livingston, collison(opted out) if lowry walks, stiemsma, gray, marvin williams and maybe jimmer

Quite a nice list.
    Here is better list Nba Free Agents Best 2 Worst;

http://hoopshype.com/free_agency_2014.htm

If Lowry leaves I go after Eric Bledsoe.
    Livingston,Collinson..nah thanks.

P.S

I'm Back!!!
    "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
    My kitchen is always open to friends"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post
    Quite a nice list.
    Here is better list Nba Free Agents Best 2 Worst;

http://hoopshype.com/free_agency_2014.htm

If Lowry leaves I go after Eric Bledsoe.
    Livingston,Collinson..nah thanks.

P.S

I'm Back!!!
    i think pheonix is going to match bledsoe. which means at least max money. i don't think he is worth max. i would like to grab our #20 and add him to the rotation. get a couple prospects to let age in europe and the d-league. bring back gray, add steimsma
    For The Win

Post Thanks / Like

also holy shit evan turner has already made 14 million and livingston 25. that is insane
    For The Win

Post Thanks / Like

man i'd sign livingston in a heartbeat. dude can play 3 positions and is a good defender. he's obviously not as athletic as he was coming into the league but his iq is through the roof and dude is looooooong.
    @jerboat

7. Like Uncle_Si, Letter N liked this post
    Raptors Republic Starter Uncle_Si's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Livingston and Lowry would cause significant problems for teams, better duo than Lowry and gravy? Especially on defence

Post Thanks / Like

with livingston you could play him as a point forward type roll with the second unit leaving GV to do what he does best, score.
    @jerboat

Raptors Republic Starter OptimalOptimist's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm a big Livingston fan as well. Him and Marvin Williams would be good signings.
    Myself (March 2014):
    The raptors are a tremendous young team and will win a championship in the following five years.

Raptors Republic Starter Bonus Jonas's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    man i'd sign livingston in a heartbeat. dude can play 3 positions and is a good defender. he's obviously not as athletic as he was coming into the league but his iq is through the roof and dude is looooooong.
    If we could afford him I think everyone would be happy to have him as the first wing off the bench. Draft a defensive Sf(mcdaniels or Grant) and suddenly we have a good wing rotation.

12. Like OptimalOptimist liked this post
    Raptors Republic Starter OptimalOptimist's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
    If we could afford him I think everyone would be happy to have him as the first wing off the bench. Draft a defensive Sf(mcdaniels or Grant) and suddenly we have a good wing rotation.
    This a quality rotation, totally agree.
    Myself (March 2014):
    The raptors are a tremendous young team and will win a championship in the following five years.

Raptors Republic Rookie TdotRTZ's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
    Cleanthony Early from Wichita State would be a good add too. Plus he's a better shooter than both of those guys
    Fuck Brooklyn

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote TdotRTZ wrote: View Post
    Cleanthony Early from Wichita State would be a good add too. Plus he's a better shooter than both of those guys
    Yeah, but he plays, like, zero defense ever. Hard pass.

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote DanH wrote: View Post
    Yeah, but he plays, like, zero defense ever. Hard pass.
    Funny you say hard pass as Early is one of the least-willing passers in the draft. He's unfamiliar with this "hard pass" term.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

17. Like DanH liked this post
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer MACK11's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    Funny you say hard pass as Early is one of the least-willing passers in the draft. He's unfamiliar with this "hard pass" term.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
    Cleanthony "Passing?" Early

Raptors Republic Starter The Coach's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

If Lowry does walk, I would like the idea of bringing in Deng. A starting five of
    Vasquez, DeRozan, Deng, Amir, and Jonas with Ross coming off the bench and possibly drafting Ennis doesn't sound too bad.

Deng was just at Masai's function as well but I haven't heard anything in the rumor mill about him... I know the event had nothing to do with Raptors, but it still intrigued me that he was there.
    “Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.”
    ― John Wooden

Raptors Republic Starter Bonus Jonas's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote The Coach wrote: View Post
    If Lowry does walk, I would like the idea of bringing in Deng. A starting five of
    Vasquez, DeRozan, Deng, Amir, and Jonas with Ross coming off the bench and possibly drafting Ennis doesn't sound too bad.

Deng was just at Masai's function as well but I haven't heard anything in the rumor mill about him... I know the event had nothing to do with Raptors, but it still intrigued me that he was there.
    Not a fan of signing deng at all. He's an okay 3 point shooter and especially if Lowry walks, that starting line up's best shooter is a streaky Vasquez. Teams would play us zone all day. We need spacing from our 3, which is why putting Ross in worked.

21. Like OldSkoolCool liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Nope, if Lowry walks, we need an upgrade at PG above all else - go all in for Bledsoe, or if that fails, the team as constructed will struggle. So if no Bledsoe, tear it down. Deng doesn't solve any of our issues - he's not the defender Thibodeau makes him seem, and he's just as inefficient as DD offensively.

23. Like mcHAPPY liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

If Lowry walks you don't blow it up, and you don't go all in on Bledsoe/Deng/Monroe/etc. You bring back GV, get a guy like Sessions as backup PG.. then go into free agency in 2015 with lots of cash and then sign Rondo. Or scour the trade market for a good PG on a team that isn't going anywhere (Teague from Atlanta, possibly Lawson from Denver).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote planetmars wrote: View Post
    If Lowry walks you don't blow it up, and you don't go all in on Bledsoe/Deng/Monroe/etc. You bring back GV, get a guy like Sessions as backup PG.. then go into free agency in 2015 with lots of cash and then sign Rondo. Or scour the trade market for a good PG on a team that isn't going anywhere (Teague from Atlanta, possibly Lawson from Denver).
    Yuck. So, waste this year entirely? Or overpay with assets to get an established PG? You either go all in with this core, or you rebuild. Incremental steps only work if they are in the right direction. With Lowry gone, the only way to keep moving forward is to add top talent immediately. Even with Bledsoe in the fold, you still have enough cap room in 2015 to make a splash (not a max guy, but a solid Lowry-level player). If you can't build immediately, there's no point in putting together a .500 team.

Page 1 of 92 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread Information