Page 18 of 92 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 68 ... LastLast

Thread: Raptors 2014 Free Agency: non-Raptors thread

Raptors Republic Starter Demographic Shift's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote raptors999 wrote: View Post
    Vasquez QO or Walk
    2Pat 3@18 - last year partially guaranteed
    Thats pretty optomistic in light of the Ben Gordon deal for 2 years at 4.5.. the incredible Jodie Meeks deal for 3 years at 6.35. Thats why the owners need the cap. They're just ___________ (you fill in the blank)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
    When ESPN ranked all the player sin the nba his description was something along the lines of "Stretch 4 that's proven he can shoot. Can't rebound" so I'd say it not universally known that he rebounds.
    ESPN routinely proves they don't watch Raptors games with the ignorant bullshit they come out with

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

When ESPN ranked all the player sin the nba his description was something along the lines of "Stretch 4 that's proven he can shoot. Can't rebound" so I'd say it not universally known that he rebounds.
    He's an inconsistent, and basically average rebounder. He can defend though, especially face up players, hedging on p'n'rs, and sometimes provides good help down low (though this is not where his value is). He isn't a great low-post defender, and his height limits him to guarding PFs and the occasional spot minutes on a big SF.

Raptors Republic Starter Bonus Jonas's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Jamshid wrote: View Post
    Hahaha, and he will lose a very valuable and on hand customer
    Let 2Pat wait for that 26+ million contract. He can wait as long as he wants but I don't want my team to be the sucker team that pays for it.
    Never said I want to pay him this, but he can definitely command more because Meeks got 6. Other players definitely play into what you are worth.

Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Jamshid wrote: View Post
    What was he getting before coming to Toronto ? How was his stock before coming to Toronto ? Just because someone gave Meeks a really bad contract, it does not mean suddenly everyone should get more !!!

How you guys have these logics is beyond me ... Lets say, you go to a dealership to buy a Corolla and the sales guy just sold a lemon to guy before you for 10k more than the Blue book value. Does that justify you paying 10 more for the car you want as well ?

2Pat was not a very hot commodity in NBA before his time in Toronto and even in Toronto, we really did not do anything special.

With the money that you are throwing away, our team will be Capped out by having the current core of people for next 3-4 years and this core is not good enough to win ...

By the way, how much you think/predict Lowry to get ?
    Patterson was on a rookie scale contract. Making $3M last year. He's also a versatile big that can stretch the floor. I think $6M is high but is possibly his market value.. not too many stretch 4's available. He'll probably end up making what Channing Frye makes. He's also only 25 years old and has good character.

Ideally for me I'd try to get him for 3 years and $15M. Essentially Buddinger's contract with less years. I would pass on him if he commands anything higher than $6.5M unless if its for only 2 years.

Post Thanks / Like

AND ANOTHER OVERPAY

Post Thanks / Like

Quote thead wrote: View Post
    ESPN routinely proves they don't watch Raptors games with the ignorant bullshit they come out with
    Get out of here with that bullshit. I hate the whole theory that the raptors never get any respect when they obviously do.

Post Thanks / Like

Get out of here with that bullshit. I hate the whole theory that the raptors never get any respect when they obviously do.
    you can hate reality all you want but we don't show up on American TV too often (twice last year non playoffs)

Raptors Republic All-Star tucas's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    What? Why? They have two Patterson types in the Morris twins and just drafted a tweener forward in TJ Warren. I fucking hate the Suns.
    The report listed 12 players that either the Suns contacted or that have contacted the Suns. They may have no interest in him at all but contact has been made by one party.

Raptors Republic Starter TrossTheBOSS's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Lots of guys getting overpaid wow

Post Thanks / Like

you can hate reality all you want but we don't show up on American TV too often (twice last year non playoffs)
    Most of the tv scheduling was made before the season started. Raps were NOT meant to be good and started off terribly.

Post Thanks / Like

The dough thats being handed out for FA's is just wild. These GM's can't help themselves. Its like they all have the malfunctioning BC gene.
    S. Livingston at 6M for 3 years.
    Ben Gordon for gawdsakes 9M for 2 years.
    Jodie (who ?) Meeks 19M for 3 years.
    Gordon Hayward wants 52M for 4 years.

And we are just warming up. Anyone still think that Bosh and Wade are going to take 10M each when Gordon Hayward will make more than they do ?

Unless the cap is going through the roof in the next couple of years there are going to be some pretty red faces in certain cities.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

AND ANOTHER OVERPAY

That's not an overpay.

Near 40% 3PT shooter. Provides very efficient scoring off the bench. Great defender and also disruptive with steals and playing the passing lanes. Was somehow able to have +4 net rating despite being on one of the worst teams in the league. Still 27 years old.

3 years would've been better but 4.5M per annum isn't bad for what he gives you.

14. Like OptimalOptimist, Letter N liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Most of the tv scheduling was made before the season started. Raps were NOT meant to be good and started off terribly.
    Agreed which means most of the ESPN guys who get paid to cover sexy markets knew fuck all about us. It showed when you listened to their play by play. Now we may get a little more love this season but as far as I am concerned..having watched some or all of 89 games, I value my opinion far more highly than anyone at ESPN

16. Like Yabadabayolo liked this post
    Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote imanshumpert wrote: View Post
    That's not an overpay.

Near 40% 3PT shooter. Provides very efficient scoring off the bench. Great defender and also disruptive with steals and playing the passing lanes. Was somehow able to have +4 net rating despite being on one of the worst teams in the league. Still 27 years old.

3 years would've been better but 4.5M per annum isn't bad for what he gives you.
    It might actually be the most reasonable deal signed so far this offseason. Maybe a very slight overpay in that maybe you'd want to have him at 4M at most, but .5M is not a lot.

I still can't get over Jodie Meeks...and now Ben Gordon too.....now those were overpays

Post Thanks / Like

That likely changes this year as the scheds get made up in advance. If only to see what a Bruno Caboclo looks like

Raptors Republic All-Star tucas's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote imanshumpert wrote: View Post
    That's not an overpay.

I agree. 4.5M for Miles is justified IMO.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
    That likely changes this year as the scheds get made up in advance. If only to see what a Bruno Caboclo looks like
    The NBA is not going to give us more national TV because of Caboclo. Most fans do not know nor care who he is.

The Raptors will get more national TV when we are either

A.) A legit contender
    or
    B.) Acquire a marquee superstar that average/casual fans want to watch (which would likely also satisfy A).

Post Thanks / Like

The two Canadians win today at Wimbledon. Edwin hits a walk off homerun.
    How about the hat - trick and Kyle agrees to terms with us tonite.

22. Like Letter N liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Found it sad/amusing that Carmelo fucks up Jeremy Lin wherever he goes.

24. Like Letter N liked this post
Page 18 of 92 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 68 ... LastLast

Thread Information