Raptors 2014 Free Agency: non-Raptors thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heatdreamer wrote: View Post
    Orlando, does not require a PP at this time. They have 2 players that they are adding to their system this season, a third player, the team will commence play like the 76ers. Teams evolve and PP is not a starter, he is a 7th man. His baseline seal defense is atrocious.
    His pick and roll is a work in progress, he is a stretch 4, but he is still not multifaceted enough, and reminds me of CV who the Pistons overpaid based on 1/2 of a good season. Dont see Orlando management being on Cheap drugs.
    Well these fuckers gave Benny G
    4.5 million a year

They might just offer Patty the god damn Maxx
    "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• So go sign Ed Davis, he will be inexpensive. THERE is more than enough second tier PF out there, looking for jobs. Ed Davis would be inexpensive. Go sign Mike Miller to be the backup 2/3. He is worth Ben Gordon Monies.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
        I hate to say I told you do Matt but..... I told you so. More cause competitive balance or something. Lol.
        The only thing the owners have done is decrease the number of years guaranteed.

I think the new CBA will increase competitiveness - still do.

But the decisions and execution are what matters.

A lot of desperation continues and it will separate the winners from losers.

Good management will prevail in any CBA environment.

Most teams don't have good management.

Comment

• I think Patrick Patterson should get a similar deal to what Amir got. These guys are PF 1a, and 1b IMO. Either could start and be successful. If Amir's injury woes continue, 2Pat might be our starter going forward. 5 YEARS, 32M that contract will be a steal in the near future.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
            The only thing the owners have done is decrease the number of years guaranteed.

I think the new CBA will increase competitiveness - still do.

But the decisions and execution are what matters.

A lot of desperation continues and it will separate the winners from losers.

Good management will prevail in any CBA environment.

Most teams don't have good management.
            Good point on management.

Spurs won their championships in 3 different CBAs. Oooooo' kill em.

Raps

Comment

• Y'know, Brandon Rush would be a nice low risk/ high reward pick up for cheap. He's likely looking for a one-year contract to get his value back up.

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
                I think Patrick Patterson should get a similar deal to what Amir got. These guys are PF 1a, and 1b IMO. Either could start and be successful. If Amir's injury woes continue, 2Pat might be our starter going forward. 5 YEARS, 32M that contract will be a steal in the near future.
                Totally agree, would sign him 4/26M instead of 5 though.
                Myself (March 2014):
                The raptors are a tremendous young team and will win a championship in the following five years.

Comment

• Heatdreamer wrote: View Post
                  So go sign Ed Davis, he will be inexpensive. THERE is more than enough second tier PF out there, looking for jobs. Ed Davis would be inexpensive. Go sign Mike Miller to be the backup 2/3. He is worth Ben Gordon Monies.
                  He is not a stretch 4! PPat brings that. Honestly I would play TH over ed.

Comment

• Ed Davis has been linked to the Clippers, good for them.
                    Myself (March 2014):
                    The raptors are a tremendous young team and will win a championship in the following five years.

Comment

• Clippers need all the big men they can get.
                      The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
                        Magic apparently going after Patrick Patterson as well

"David Baumann: Source: The @Orlando Magic courting RFA Patrick Patterson as a potential starting PF. He's in ORL now."
                        Perhaps we could sign and trade Andrew Nicholson?

-If Patterson doesn't want to be in Canada let him go. He is only going to stay for $$$
                        -Nicholson doesn't get playing time in Orlando and is a CANADIAN
                        - Nicholson only gets paid 1.5 mil, Patterson would demand 5M+
                        -Nicholson could possibly develop into a stretch 4 as he shot 31% from 3 last year and his per 36 numbers are not bad (15&7)

Thoughts??

Comment

• OptimalOptimist wrote: View Post
                          Ed Davis has been linked to the Clippers, good for them.
                          They are already planning for DeRozan in 2016!

lol

Comment

• I was listening to ESPN radio this morning. So apparently LeBron is out fishing today with his boy, probably reflecting on his next move.

Meanwhile Wade & Bosh want enough money that it would prevent LeBron from getting a max deal. LeBron is unhappy with this because those two aren't doing enough to warrant blocking him from getting max money. The guys at ESPN radio are predicting a one year deal and then LeBron can sit back and see what the Lakers and Knicks do this year. Playing under Phil is appealing due to where he led MJ and Kobe.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                              I was listening to ESPN radio this morning. So apparently LeBron is out fishing today with his boy, probably reflecting on his next move.

Meanwhile Wade & Bosh want enough money that it would prevent LeBron from getting a max deal. LeBron is unhappy with this because those two aren't doing enough to warrant blocking him from getting max money. The guys at ESPN radio are predicting a one year deal and then LeBron can sit back and see what the Lakers and Knicks do this year. Playing under Phil is appealing due to where he led MJ and Kobe.
                              If lebron gets a one year deal... Oh man we better go all in with our cap room next year

Comment

• Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
                                If lebron gets a one year deal... Oh man we better go all in with our cap room next year
                                Count me out. I'd save my capspace for KD
                                The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Working...
                                X