Raptors 2014 Free Agency: non-Raptors thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mediumcore wrote: View Post
    So Miami is no longer a contender, but does this make Clevland a contender in the East? Or are the players around LBJ too inexperienced for that team to be considered a contender? Have the Raptors just moved up in the East?
    Any team with LeBron is the favorite for top seed in the conference. Raptors in the same spot as before. Miami plummets to bottom.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post
      I can't stop watching. lol, I don't feel so bad for Wade now after laughing at this, not like he's poor or anything...he just has to work twice as long to make the same amount of money!!
      Miami needs to hit the cap floor.

Prolly still gets hella paid.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
        NY could be good pretty quickly.. Melo just needs to be patient for one year.. then they have a lot of cap space once Amare and Bargnani's contracts are off the books (Felton and Chandler are already gone). I heard rumblings that they are trying to get Pau and hopefully go after Marc in 2015. That's not that bad with Jose as their PG.
        Not bad, but they'll need alot more than the Gasol bro's to take down these Cavs. Especially true if the CAVs land Love too. His best bet is still in CHI, whom at least have the defensive system that can give any team fits. Factor in that the Cavs have a bunch of young talent that will only get better with each passing season, I think Melo needs to go to CHI if he really wants to compete in his prime.

Comment

• Raptor Jesus wrote: View Post
          Miami needs to hit the cap floor.

Prolly still gets hella paid.
          he'll get a nice salary for sure...but not $20M per. If he gets more than $10M per it will be a overpay IMO, unless it's for one year.

Comment

• Wow. Wow? Wow. LeBron reunites with the jilted Cavs, except the team he's joining is now the Cleveland Canadians. Wiggins must be pumped.
            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
              If I'm Miami i take on Amare and Bargnani, get bad for a year, get a decent pick and go into 2015 summer with a very clean slate
              Cleveland owns their 2015 pick (although its top 10 protected).. so if they go the tanking route they have to hope their team sucks really badly. I'm not sure if Wade would like that too much.

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
                If I'm Miami i take on Amare and Bargnani, get bad for a year, get a decent pick and go into 2015 summer with a very clean slate
                They are going to bad anyways most likely. What could they actually offer to NY?

Comment

• well if Cav's weren't talking BS then they are gonna make a play for KLove next...so Wiggins is likely a valuable trade chip now

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                    Any team with LeBron is the favorite for top seed in the conference. Raptors in the same spot as before. Miami plummets to bottom.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
                    Normally I agree with this, but can they beat an experienced team like Indiana or Chicago with such an young group? I can see the Raptors having jumped a spot in the East as far as genuwine threats to take the conference. That being if Rose doesn't come back at 100% and Indiana doesn't recover from the playoff debacle.

Comment

• RepTdot wrote: View Post
                      well if Cav's weren't talking BS then they are gonna make a play for KLove next...so Wiggins is likely a valuable trade chip now
                      If that is true, Masaii is on it

Comment

• Oh poor Miami Heat "fans"

Comment

They are going to bad anyways most likely. What could they actually offer to NY?
                          take the Knicks garbage for a pick later down the road and maybe Iman Shumpert...Knicks will have to pay them with something to take the 30 million...Bosh and Lebron leave a roughly 40 million dollar hole
                          For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Flexibility but it all would depend on the timing of NY's plans.

Comment

• I don't know if Masai can insert himself into the discussion re: a Kevin Love trade, since Cleveland doesn't want to trade Wiggins in a Love deal and Minnesota wants Wiggins.

I would suspect that there is a small chance we might be able to snag Bennett somehow but it probably involves taking on Kevin Martin's horrible contract.

Comment

• Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                                If that is true, Masaii is on it
                                I hope he can find a way to grab 1 or 2 nice pieces from Cleveland..
                                The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Working...
                                X