Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• enlightenment wrote: View Post
    Count me out. I'd save my capspace for KD
    Count you out on LeBron James... Jesus sometimes i don't understand some of the posters here.

If LeBron is in FA and we have cap, we make him a pitch and try to lure him here. Period. There is no discussion or argument to be had on that issue.

EDIT: This is not even to mention that in 2016 we don't have the same kind of flexibility. JV and Ross will need new deals and DD will likely opt out.

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
      So GLF ivve always wundered does GLF stand for Good looking fella? Or am I to tally off
      Hmhmmm
      LOL naw bro it's just the initials of my name
      I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• Well Orlando is looking to pay Patterson 4 years 25-30 mill. I don't think we match that.
        I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• imanshumpert wrote: View Post
          Count you out on LeBron James... Jesus sometimes i don't understand some of the posters here.

If LeBron is in FA and we have cap, we make him a pitch and try to lure him here. Period. There is no discussion or argument to be had on that issue.

EDIT: This is not even to mention that in 2016 we don't have the same kind of flexibility. JV and Ross will need new deals and DD will likely opt out.
          You dont just HAPPEN to fall upon cap space. You have to plan it to coincide on a specific year. What I meant was, I want that year to be 2016 for KD, because I think its much more likely than Lebron in 2015. You can only choose 1 year to have the capspace in, which do you choose?
          The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• Collison got $16/3 via Sacramento.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
              I was listening to ESPN radio this morning. So apparently LeBron is out fishing today with his boy, probably reflecting on his next move.

Meanwhile Wade & Bosh want enough money that it would prevent LeBron from getting a max deal. LeBron is unhappy with this because those two aren't doing enough to warrant blocking him from getting max money. The guys at ESPN radio are predicting a one year deal and then LeBron can sit back and see what the Lakers and Knicks do this year. Playing under Phil is appealing due to where he led MJ and Kobe.
              Lebron is not going to be super popular in South Beach. After saying he wants the team to improve around him and opting out and pressing both Wade and Bosh to do the same there is now the possibility he leaves the Heat after a one year max deal. Drafting Shabaz at 24 in the draft is not going to move the needle.
              He has the ability to do this because he is the best player in the game and pretty much can sign his own ticket on who he plays for and for how much..BUT... it kinda hoops (one can use another word at the bar) both Wade and Bosh who just kissed away 42M apiece by opting out for this douche bag to have his way.
              Miami really has no money to spend and thier position in negotiations is on par with a ponzi scheme (we will have room .. trust us !) till the 3 amigos sign their deals. If your Bosh and Wade and just kissed away GUARANTEED money and now hear that the reason you did it is about to take his ball and go home in a year how willing are you to sign at a discount.
              The Heat dynasty is wobbling right now. This is going to be great to watch it unfold in the next two weeks.
              Last edited by Demographic Shift; Thu Jul 3, 2014, 12:42 PM.
              There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
              - TGO

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
                Well Orlando is looking to pay Patterson 4 years 25-30 mill. I don't think we match that.
                Yeah I don't want to match that.

Comment

• rapfan10 wrote: View Post
                  Perhaps we could sign and trade Andrew Nicholson?

-If Patterson doesn't want to be in Canada let him go. He is only going to stay for $$$
                  -Nicholson doesn't get playing time in Orlando and is a CANADIAN
                  - Nicholson only gets paid 1.5 mil, Patterson would demand 5M+
                  -Nicholson could possibly develop into a stretch 4 as he shot 31% from 3 last year and his per 36 numbers are not bad (15&7)

Thoughts??
                  Nicholson is an intriguing idea, but the reason he wasn't getting minutes in Orlando is because he's not very athletic and quicker bigs were outhustling him easily when he tried to defend them. He'd have to bulk up a lot, without it affecting his shooting stroke. That won't be easy.

Comment

• It's too bad the NBA doesn't give a team compensation in the form of a draft pick or something if another team signs your RFA.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                      Yeah I don't want to match that.
                      Patterson is only 25. Shoots 41% from 3. Is active defensively (Caseys favourite). Does all the subtle things. Perfect glue guy and stretch 4 with more room to grow and improve into. If you don't want to pay 6-7 mil for that, thats up to you, but we signed Amir for a similar contract at that age, and Patterson in my opinion will become a more complete player.

Comment

Patterson is only 25. Shoots 41% from 3. Is active defensively (Caseys favourite). Does all the subtle things. Perfect glue guy and stretch 4 with more room to grow and improve into. If you don't want to pay 6-7 mil for that, thats up to you, but we signed Amir for a similar contract at that age, and Patterson in my opinion will become a more complete player.
                        I really want him back and you are making some good points. I kind of want them to match that offer if it's true. I personally think it's worth it but I know a lot of people don't and the front office probably doesn't either.

Comment

This. I'd gladly pay 7 mil for 2Pat. If that means letting GV walk, I'd do it 100 times out of 100.
                          "Stop eating your sushi."
                          "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                          "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                          - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• If it was up to me I'd match Magic's offer for Pat and let Vasq walk. With Lou Will and De Colo I think we should be ok.

There's no need for us to lock up over $23M in the PG position ($12 Lowry, $5 Lou, ~$5-6 Vasq). A stretch 4 is something that no other player on our squad provides and is not that easy to get, as opposed to a backup PG.

Comment

• Letter N wrote: View Post
                              If it was up to me I'd match Magic's offer for Pat and let Vasq walk. With Lou Will and De Colo I think we should be ok.

There's no need for us to lock up over $23M in the PG position ($12 Lowry, $5 Lou, ~$5-6 Vasq). A stretch 4 is something that no other player on our squad provides and is not that easy to get, as opposed to a backup PG.
                              Im hoping Lou spends more time at SG, his assist numbers are crap

Comment

Im hoping Lou spends more time at SG, his assist numbers are crap
                                Yea I wouldn't want him as a backup point guard. He's a shooting guard all the way. I don't know why people think he can play point guard just because he's short and can dribble. That doesn't make you a point guard.

Comment

Working...
                                X